UPDATE

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
For those of you who know me and well those who don't....Last January (2007) I injured my back at work. Well I went through a lengthy process to find out what was wrong. I went to two different doctors, had MRI's, and steroid injections.

After all that I went through, no one was able to give me a clear diagnosis or any type of treatment.

Well on December 20th....two days before my employer (Wake County Schools) closed for Christmas I received a call from my supervisor..She said that human resources contacted her (not me) and said I needed to report to work January 2nd...Well I still haven't had a second opinion or anything.

Needless to say, I hired an attorney and now things are finally going my way.

I wanted all of you to know this. It's just the type of person I am...plus I have been on here a few years now and well I wanted to thank you all for listening.

Bill

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Good to see you-hope this all works out. I know being out of work can be stressful in so many ways, and dealing with an injury without relief can't be fun. Hang in there!

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Must have been simply wonderful having this hanging over you during the holiday season. Glad to hear things are going your way, and hope you make similar advances on the medical front.

-Derek

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for those who have responded. I just hope this matter gets solved quickly. I hate being in pain all the time and I know there are others out there worse off than me.. and I'm sorry to keep on about it.

But it makes me feel good to know that there are folks who do care :)

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Well yesterday I had my A 1-C level checked...for those of you who are diabetic you'll know what i'm talking about. Basically it measures your blood sugar over a three month period. Well mine was still high and now have to take medication.

Oh well.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck, Bill. I spent 3 years on workers' comp (hand injury). They couldn't decide if I had to go back to work or if I was incapable of ever working again. Fortunately, it never came to litigation in my case (I just told the doctors where to shove their waffles).

I'll light a candle for you. Hope everything works out for you as well as it has for me.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so very much. I was at that point myself....telling my neurologist where to go but I had to be nice :)

Oh well..i'm sure things will get better but I didn't want to hire an attorney.

Again, thank you :)

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Ah, workers comp! Why does it have to be SUCH a pain on top of the pain you're already feeling? I'm glad you got some representation of your own... sometimes they just don't listen unless you have that lawyer standing at your shoulder. Hang in there! We're in your cheering section.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I too am glad life is looking up for you, Bill. Now keep the good news coming.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you ALL for responding...It means everything to me. I don't mean to go on and on but I just feel compelled to share my life with you all. It makes me want to cry that all of you care so much. :)