PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for this, bit of a rant, but can anyone explain this?

Zelenka
01-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Why is it that people feel the need to comment about you loudly and in public? I mean, complete strangers, when you're just walking down to the shops, shouting out things like 'OMG You're f***ing ugly' and such likes? Do they think I don't realise that I'm ugly? Perhaps all the mirrors in my house broke when I looked into them, and so I need to know before I inadvertantly stray into a place designated for beautiful people only? What reaction is this supposed to produce? I mean, do they want me to break down into tears and collapse in the middle of the street, or say 'oh, thanks for telling me, I'll make sure I only come out under cover of darkness next time'?

If it was just schoolkids or drunken morons who did stuff like this then I could ignore it, but since I moved to Glasgow I've had this sort of thing from older people, as in pensioner-types, and quite well-to-do, non-chav-looking people too. I'm the first to admit that I am ugly, I've been aware of that for a long time, but what the hell gives these people the right to speak like that?

I am sorry to have a rant here, but I can't decide if I'm upset or just, as Scarletpeaches would say, effing angry.

Perks
01-07-2008, 08:36 PM
And you have every right to be. That's disgusting behavior and I'm so sorry that you have to endure that.

Sometimes I hate people.

Amended, most times I hate people. That's why people I like and love are worth their weight in platinum.

I wish I could say something more inspired, but rant away. People suck.

Bmwhtly
01-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

"This society is a bunch of idiots."

davids
01-07-2008, 08:42 PM
As an incredibly ugly indeyebidual I could not agree more or less-to tell you the truth-shit I hate having to say that because it is indicitive that under normal circumpectications I am BSing-however I glory in my ugliness-I have the good fortune to not only be reallly ugly but rather brutish so that most if not all people refrain from commenting because I scare them to death-so I think it would be advantageous for you to be even uglier-scare em-it is fun to boot-love and good ugliness-Dave

reigningcatsndogs
01-07-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm so sorry you have to listen to this garbage. There's no excuse for it -- ever. :Hug2:

From where I sit, from what I know of you through AW, I know of nothing ugly about you.

quickWit
01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
It takes a small person to build themselves up by the belittling of others, and anyone who does so is not worth considering in the least. Don't believe them. Don't listen to them. You're opinion of yourself is the only one that truly matters.

Siddow
01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Jess, you have your photo on your profile.

You are not ugly. Please stop saying that you are. If you won't stop saying it, why do you expect others to?

Perks
01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Davids, your description of yourself reminds me of a passage in one of my all-time favorite books - The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie.

... Rayner could have swathed himself in shimmering silk and put an orchid behind each ear, and nervous passers-by would still have paid him money first and wondered afterwards whether they had owed him any.

You're a dear, whatever you look like.

nerds
01-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Oh dear.

In Victorian times hydrangeas meant perseverance. I think you should have some flowers today.

http://www.greenfreak.net/wp-content/myfotos/bbg/lacecap_hydrangea_bluewave2.jpg

:Hug2:

scarletpeaches
01-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Why is it that people feel the need to comment about you loudly and in public? I mean, complete strangers, when you're just walking down to the shops, shouting out things like 'OMG You're f***ing ugly' and such likes? Do they think I don't realise that I'm ugly? Perhaps all the mirrors in my house broke when I looked into them, and so I need to know before I inadvertantly stray into a place designated for beautiful people only? What reaction is this supposed to produce? I mean, do they want me to break down into tears and collapse in the middle of the street, or say 'oh, thanks for telling me, I'll make sure I only come out under cover of darkness next time'?

If it was just schoolkids or drunken morons who did stuff like this then I could ignore it, but since I moved to Glasgow I've had this sort of thing from older people, as in pensioner-types, and quite well-to-do, non-chav-looking people too. I'm the first to admit that I am ugly, I've been aware of that for a long time, but what the hell gives these people the right to speak like that?

I am sorry to have a rant here, but I can't decide if I'm upset or just, as Scarletpeaches would say, effing angry.

Any Weegies present will have my arse for this, but here goes - this is why I prefer Edinburgh. "All fur coat, nae knickers," they say, but there's at least a veneer of respectability there.

Course, some would say the West coast doesn't put on a front, is more honest, tells it like it is. While that's true in many respects, there's no excuse for being crude, or rude, or insulting.

I used to get insulted all the time when my skin was at its worst. When I wore glasses. When I wore baggy clothes to hide my figure. Before I started looking after my hair. And Jesus, it hurt. Even now someone only has to make a slight, passing comment about my physical appearance and I crumble inside. I feel ugly again.

But make no mistake - you are not. They are. The ones who think they have the right to even have that thought about you, let alone voice it - they're hideously deformed in the truest sense. And they're unhappy with themselves, so they project it onto you.

They are the ugly bastards here, and if you want me to come round and shit on their carpets, I'll do it. Just let me stock up on Ex-Lax. They won't cross you (or me) again.

:rant:

Perks
01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Wait -- I did just peek at your profile. What are they on about? That's just stupid. Don't let morons wear you down.

dolores haze
Would you like me to teach you the art of the Glesca' kiss? Yup - even for the ill-mannered pensioners. It's best delivered to the bridge of the nose, and don't forget to take off your glasses first.

They are the ugly ones - not you.

scarletpeaches
BTW, just peeked at your profile and you're about as far from ugly as Graham Norton is from butch.

WendyNYC
01-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Ugh, how awful. What a bunch of pigs. So sorry you have to listen to that.

Bmwhtly
Jess, you have your photo on your profile. *goes clicking*

You are not ugly. I second that. Far FAR from it.
And that's not just because I have a thing for girls with glasses. :)

maxmordon
as Ambrose Bierce said: "Imbecile is anyone who don't agree with you"

scarletpeaches
I was at the optician today, Bum Wetly. :e2brows:

maxmordon
01-07-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't you are ugly, you seem quite sympathetic and cute

WendyNYC
01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
*goes clicking*
I second that. [B]Far FAR from it.
And that's not just because I have a thing for girls with glasses. :)

I third it. You are not ugly in the least! Seriously.

nerds
01-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Jess, for crying out loud, I too just looked at your pic.

What kind of eye doctors do they have over there? Clearly these people need help, and in more ways than one. As was said above, they're the uglies, not you.

You look a lot like one of my nieces, actually, and she is beautiful. So are YOU. Great galloping galoshes.

Shadow_Ferret
01-07-2008, 08:55 PM
That is so bizarre. What kind of people are they raising over there? Hasn't anyone ever heard of common decency and respecting others?

I have never in all my life heard anyone make comments like that outloud.

We usually do it in hushed giggles after the person passes.

(And I too looked at your profile. Those people are on crack.)

scarletpeaches
01-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Jess, for crying out loud, I too just looked at your pic.

What kind of eye doctors do they have over there? Clearly these people need help, and in more ways than one. As was said above, they're the uglies, not you.

You look a lot like one of my nieces, actually, and she is beautiful. So are YOU. Great galloping galoshes.

1) Beer goggles. Everyone in Glasgow is drunk.

2) As someone who had her annual contact lens check-up today, I can say this: according to my optician, my eyes are fine. Which means I can once more say with all authority: Jess, you are NOT ugly.

scarletpeaches, perfectly-sighted (when she has her contact lenses in).

endless rewrite
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
You are not ugly, no way, not a bit, not a drop so stop thinking and saying that - please. People with shitty, dull, unimaginative, grim, pointless lives sometimes feel the need to open their big in-bred moronic cake holes and try and bring everyone down to feel as miserable and useless as them. Ignore it, feel pity for them, imagine their tears of self loathing dripping into their pot noodles at night when they are all alone, knowing that even Jeremy Kyle would reject them as below pond life level. Use them as cannon fodder in your writing.

Zelenka
01-07-2008, 09:11 PM
:o Thank you everyone for the support and compliments. I don't really know what to say other than thanks. I'm just so fed up of this nonsense and it has only started since I moved up here. London, I think, tends to go more with a 'stare straight ahead and don't make eye contact or god forbid, vocal contact with anyone else' attitude so no one ever bothered with me down there.

Scarletpeaches I hadn't really thought about the East / West thing but, no offence meant to any Glaswegians around, I have noticed a kind of general air of bad manners here, as in people shoving you out the way to get into the bus first or just blatantly queue jumping, leaping into your private conversations etc. I guess I just don't understand why people can't leave other people be.

dolores_haze, yeah the temptation to give them all a Glesca Kiss was there, believe me!

Provrb1810meggy
01-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Jess, I understand how you feel.

Very recently, I had to deal with a guy right behind me during musical rehearsal getting out his phone, calling somebody in the room, and loudly making fun of my frizzy hair. And I flipped.

You shouldn't have to deal with jerks like that, and I'm so sorry. Those people are disgusting. You aren't.

joyce
01-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I had to look at your profile too. What in the hel* are these people on, crack! There's nothing wrong with your looks at all. I think you are cute. People are so cruel. I guess that's why I have a few (very few) really close friends and why I prefer animals. In high school I had a girl friend who use to get this and I didn't understand. We'd be walking in the mall and guys would yell out "dog" and how ugly she was. I always felt so bad for her because she was not ugly at all. I had one date during this time and she always seemed to have a steady boyfriend. I say let Scarlett come over and shit on their carpets!

cletus
01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I also had a look at the pic on your profile. Either you posted a picture of someone else or there is something seriously wrong with the people of Glasgow.
On second thought, there is definately something wrong with the people of Glasgow. I don't care if you have three arms, two noses, and no teeth, it's just plain rude to say something.

CaroGirl
01-07-2008, 09:16 PM
True ugliness is what those arseholes are shouting at you on the street. I've never heard of such blatantly rude behaviour. People in your town are morons (except my auntie and uncle and I'm sure it weren't them what was yellin').

scarletpeaches
01-07-2008, 09:19 PM
I thought it was just Dundee.

I think certain people carry themselves in a particular way that invites bullying though...harsh, but true. I certainly used to.

I noticed when I got my hair did (:D) and got contacts, went on roaccutane...I carried myself differently and people responded to that, not my appearance, but my body language.

That's my theory anyway.

If I'm wrong, my sphincter is still available for carpet-shittery.

My god. I can't believe I just said that.

C.bronco
01-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Do they think I don't realise that I'm ugly?

I'm sorry. I just looked at your profile picture and you look perfectly normal too me.

MarkEsq
01-07-2008, 09:20 PM
If you are ugly, then heaven help the rest of us.

(For the record: you are not, and we therefore do not need heaven's help on this issue.)

Zelenka
01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
I had to look at your profile too. What in the hel* are these people on, crack! There's nothing wrong with your looks at all. I think you are cute. People are so cruel. I guess that's why I have a few (very few) really close friends and why I prefer animals. In high school I had a girl friend who use to get this and I didn't understand. We'd be walking in the mall and guys would yell out "dog" and how ugly she was. I always felt so bad for her because she was not ugly at all. I had one date during this time and she always seemed to have a steady boyfriend. I say let Scarlett come over and shit on their carpets!

Lol, is she in the Yellow Pages?

About your friend, that's just rotten. My best friend in high school got 'dog' a lot too (as did I) but she was happily married and raising a couple of really sweet kids about a year after we left, and always had boyfriends while we were in school.

Siddow - I know I have been very negative about my looks (and got told off severely by Voyager once for doing so), and for ages I did think maybe they were just jealous or something or just shouting things out to be mean. Then just over the years when no one was ever interested in me, and the comments kept on no matter how much or how little care I took of my appearance, I just started wondering if maybe there was something behind it. Like, people I knew, I could think had a grudge against me for some other reason, but strangers who only saw me that once and instantly reacted?

Anyway, that's why I just kind of wondered if I actually was ugly and why I tried to get used to that fact, comfortable with it even, and just be happy in other ways. Getting glasses a couple of weeks ago made it worse because I felt really dumpy with them, though BM Whtly just made my day, heh. In fact all of you guys have. Though I do like the idea of getting even uglier so that I become scary and can roam the city causing terror and chaos.

C.bronco
01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Maybe "ugly" is the new term for "hot." Perhaps it's spelled "uggli" and it's akin to saying someone is "phat." Paris Hilton may be responsible for the trend; she probably felt she needed a new catch phrase.

WendyNYC
01-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Sheesh, Jess, you need to move. These idiots are killing your self-esteem. Honestly, I think you are quite pretty--you certainly have gorgeous blue eyes that I envy.

scarletpeaches
01-07-2008, 09:26 PM
My friend Emma's always saying that to me, that I need to get out of Dundee because it's eating away at (what's left of) my soul.

Course, that could be because she wants me to move in with her so she can pork me.

Is this thread hijacked yet? :D

Zelenka
01-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I thought it was just Dundee.

I think certain people carry themselves in a particular way that invites bullying though...harsh, but true. I certainly used to.

I noticed when I got my hair did (:D) and got contacts, went on roaccutane...I carried myself differently and people responded to that, not my appearance, but my body language.

That's my theory anyway.

If I'm wrong, my sphincter is still available for carpet-shittery.

My god. I can't believe I just said that.

That could be a thing as well. I need my hair done quite severly (not that they would have seen that since I had it tied back and had a hat on, given the quite crappy weather here today). I don't know though, it doesn't seem to have made a difference to the way they go on, whether I feel good or not. More often or not it's been when I feel really good that I've noticed it more, maybe because when you're all tarted up and feeling really proud of yourself, and someone bursts out laughing and says you're a minger, it's got more punch. That would seem to back up the 'they are arseholes' theory, I suppose.

I still think you should take out an ad. Premium Carpet Shitting Service. Probably make a fortune. ;)

dolores haze
01-07-2008, 09:28 PM
you certainly have gorgeous blue eyes that I envy.

Doesn't she have the prettiest eyes! I'm glad you said that first, Wendy. I didn't want Jess to think I was hittin' on her.

quickWit
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Course, that could be because she wants me to move in with her so she can pork me.

Good Lord, would someone please pork this poor girl already and be done with it?

joyce
01-07-2008, 09:31 PM
The sad thing is, if you hear something enough times it does kill your self esteem and you start to believe it. Four hundred years ago when I was in Jr. High School, someone told me I was fat. This was when Karen Carpenter was busy starving herself to death and anorexia was just starting to be be noticed. I was 5'8 and weighed 100 lbs. I spent the next 15 years trying to starve myself to death but always saw fat. It wasn't until I was 40 and the old metabolism slowed to glacier speed, that I accepted me for who I am. I still have an image problem in a way, but now I just tell someone to screw off if they don't like me or my looks. I've just gotten meaner in old age.

Siddow
Here's a mini-hijack: When my husband was looking for a job change last year, he ran across an internet ad (I think it was on Monster or some other big job board) for a "Flung Poo Cleaner." It went on to say that there had been so much poo-flinging in their office that they needed someone to step in and clean it all up. :D

Okay, back to making Jess feel better.

mscelina
You know, it's so much easier to call a person that impresses you *ugly* or a *freak* than to face up to what your initial impression of that person was. I thought all through high school that I was the ugliest critter on earth. Come to find out at my twentieth high school reunion that none of the people who called me ugly actually thought I was. They were just too scared to approach me in any other way. I even had the student body president tell me last year that, "I always had a crush on you in school, but I was too afraid of you to ask you out. You had all those awards inlatin and stuff; I thought you were too smart for me."

If a stranger calls you ugly, shrug it off. Who in the hell cares what a stranger thinks? If a 'friend' calls you ugly, it may just be that you impress them a little too much.

You're not ugly. They are.

scarletpeaches
/threadjacking complete. system overload

donroc
Being called ugly is still being included in the range of human features. Now if one were to tell you that you resemble a stoat, rodent, lizard, frog, or similar, for that you might take even more umbrage.

www.donaldmichaelplatt

Siddow
01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
/threadjacking complete. system overload

I read that as System Overlord. :D

cletus
01-07-2008, 09:40 PM
What I wouldn't give to have scarlet come round and shit on my carpet.

Did I just type that out loud?

Toothpaste
01-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Okay I'm with everyone here, you are so not ugly. You are quite the opposite in fact. I know that really isn't the issue, the issue is the weird nasty people who make themselves feel big making fun of everyone. Seriously though, you know it isn't you right? I mean come on, the gossip rags only exist because people want to call the movie stars ugly and I mean if there was one group of people who clearly was not, it's them. It's strange to me that anyone would just call that out to you, but I live in Toronto which is very much like London in which people just stare ahead. Kind of why I like it actually. Yes the small town where my cottage is is lovely because everyone knows each other and says hi and stuff, but the big city is nice too because people just mind their own business.

(though I have to say while living in London I was told at least once a day by total strangers: "It might never happen." - this is because my natural expression when my face relaxes looks like I'm sad or angry and these total strangers wanted to cheer me up in telling me that the bad thing I was thinking about might never happen. What business is it of theirs? In Toronto they simply tell me to "smile". Someday I am just going to snap. Now THAT won't be pretty.)

Urgh. Really angry at all this. Please don't take it to heart. I know it's hard to believe, but it's their problem not yours.

Zelenka
01-07-2008, 09:44 PM
The sad thing is, if you hear something enough times it does kill your self esteem and you start to believe it. Four hundred years ago when I was in Jr. High School, someone told me I was fat. This was when Karen Carpenter was busy starving herself to death and anorexia was just starting to be be noticed. I was 5'8 and weighed 100 lbs. I spent the next 15 years trying to starve myself to death but always saw fat. It wasn't until I was 40 and the old metabolism slowed to glacier speed, that I accepted me for who I am. I still have an image problem in a way, but now I just tell someone to screw off if they don't like me or my looks. I've just gotten meaner in old age.

Someone already said it, but people suck. I don't know if it means anything, as obviously I only know you through posts here, but you've always struck me as a really great person. :Hug2:

Here's a mini-hijack: When my husband was looking for a job change last year, he ran across an internet ad (I think it was on Monster or some other big job board) for a "Flung Poo Cleaner." It went on to say that there had been so much poo-flinging in their office that they needed someone to step in and clean it all up. :D

Okay, back to making Jess feel better.

Oh, you are making me feel better. :roll: Those damned office poo-flinging contests!

narnia
01-07-2008, 09:45 PM

Hey Jess - sadly people can be pretty cruel. I need to drop a few pounds but I am by no means a Jabba the Hut twin, and you'd be surprised at how often I hear comments. FGS, I wear a size 12!!!!!!!!!!

But this is not about me. :D

When I read the bolded part of your post, I smiled to myself. Why not? But don't cry - smile sweetly and say something like "Why, thank you for noticing! I usually come out under cover of darkness so this is a rare treat for me! Have a wonderful day!".

And when your bestseller about a girl who went postal on a small village for constantly reminding her that she was ugly until she lost it and started carrying out darting acid attacks on the villagers' faces so they would all be ugly too makes you millions, you can smile in your mansion all you want!

And you are so not ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me!

:Sun:

nessam
01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Fat people can loose weight.
Ugly people can have makeovers or plastic surgery.
Mean people can not change and are ugly to the rest of us that can change.

Jess you are not ugly.

Zelenka
01-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Okay I'm with everyone here, you are so not ugly. You are quite the opposite in fact. I know that really isn't the issue, the issue is the weird nasty people who make themselves feel big making fun of everyone. Seriously though, you know it isn't you right? I mean come on, the gossip rags only exist because people want to call the movie stars ugly and I mean if there was one group of people who clearly was not, it's them. It's strange to me that anyone would just call that out to you, but I live in Toronto which is very much like London in which people just stare ahead. Kind of why I like it actually. Yes the small town where my cottage is is lovely because everyone knows each other and says hi and stuff, but the big city is nice too because people just mind their own business.

(though I have to say while living in London I was told at least once a day by total strangers: "It might never happen." - this is because my natural expression when my face relaxes looks like I'm sad or angry and these total strangers wanted to cheer me up in telling me that the bad thing I was thinking about might never happen. What business is it of theirs? In Toronto they simply tell me to "smile". Someday I am just going to snap. Now THAT won't be pretty.)

Urgh. Really angry at all this. Please don't take it to heart. I know it's hard to believe, but it's their problem not yours.

I was going to post a really well thought out reply but I can't. Your avatar........ :LilLove:

Anyway, if there's one thing that makes my blood boil, it's that 'it might never happen' crap. I get it a lot too for the same reason, I think I'm kind of naturally pensive rather than smiley. One time I was actually really upset though and some twazzer said that to me, I just said, 'actually it has happened, that is why I look sad.' With a sort of 'duh' tone to my voice. I've never seen the point of saying that to someone.

Toothpaste
01-07-2008, 09:56 PM
It is a happy making avatar isn't it? Yours is quite lovely as well. :)

I'm glad to have a fellow hater of the "might never happen" thing. What got to me most was when people first started telling me that, I didn't understand. For me, if I am sad about something, it's usually my non-existent acting career. So for someone to tell me "it might never happen", it always made me feel worse. As in my acting career might never happen. Took a long time to realise what they were actually trying to say.

I like your response btw. Did the person say anything back?

Zelenka
01-07-2008, 10:00 PM
It is a happy making avatar isn't it? Yours is quite lovely as well. :)

I'm glad to have a fellow hater of the "might never happen" thing. What got to me most was when people first started telling me that, I didn't understand. For me, if I am sad about something, it's usually my non-existent acting career. So for someone to tell me "it might never happen", it always made me feel worse. As in my acting career might never happen. Took a long time to realise what they were actually trying to say.

I like your response btw. Did the person say anything back?

I got a 'what?' blank stare, making me think the idiot shouting to me had no idea what he had actually said and hadn't ever thought how ridiculous a statement it is.

Actually, that's true - if I'm upset about things or even mildly gloomy, it's usually my nonexistant writing career. 'It might never happen,' therefore is the last thing the idiots should say!

Salem
01-07-2008, 10:05 PM
*bows down to Jason av*

Just my 2 cents: Ditto to what eveyone else said! You are not ugly! People are just jerks!

CACTUSWENDY
01-07-2008, 10:07 PM
I have always found that little people with little minds and big egos are the ones that find they must insult others for what mother nature has dealt out. It starts at a very young age, no doubt hearing adults do the same thing, and seems to give the abuser some sort of high every time they do it. By the time they become adults.....they think it is okay to do. So sad.

The tongue is a killer. Is the same as taking a gun and shooting someone.

(((((((((((You))))))))))) and remember....you are loved for who and what you are inside.....(they need glasses)

nerds
01-07-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm finding this whole business of people just saying stuff to strangers just weird. In my fifty years on this planet I've never experienced that in any city, and in smaller towns people say normal things like hello or good morning if they don't know you.

Although - come to think of it, I did have lots of weird call-outs in Calgary when I spent several days there about ten years ago. I'd forgotten about that till just now. It rattled me a little, to be honest.

Jess, you're a beautiful girl and a feckin' brilliant writer. Get thee to some place where you can just be and write those books WHICH I AM WAITING TO BUY.

BardSkye
01-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Give 'em your best toffee-nosed stare and inquire as to when they last looked in a mirror. You have lovely eyes and beautiful facial bone structure. Don't let the ugly little minds behind such behaviour win.

Mela
01-07-2008, 11:02 PM
It's their own inadequacies that are coming to the surface - they're the ones who feel humility and they need to lash out to make themselves feel better.

BIG HUG.

Fingers
01-07-2008, 11:59 PM

I just looked at your profile and you must have the wrong picture up there kiddo. I didnt see the ugly one you keep talking about. My uncle (god rest his soul) used to tell me how fat I was everytime he saw me. I finally shut him up by replying that yes, I am fat, but I can go on a diet. Too bad they dont have a quick fix for your stupidity and ignorance. That shut his ass up once and for all.
Just remember, you are responsible for how you feel. No one can make you feel bad no matter what they say if you dont want to feel bad. Just ignore these idiots. On the other hand, you can go to the scottish equivalent of goodwill industries or st. vincent de paul and buy a bunch of old eyeglasses and hand them out to the folks who make these type of ignorant comments because they damn sure need them. Inner beauty trumps outer beauty anytime and by god youve got both, so stand proud kid, you got nothing to be ashamed of.

yer pal Brian

Bmwhtly
01-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Scarletpeaches I hadn't really thought about the East / West thing
Maybe you should.
I live on the east coast and, although I've never been to Glasgee, from what I've heard about the west we're much nicer :)

I had to look at your profile too. What in the hel* are these people on, crack!
Well, it is Glasgow.
Although I'm sure there are nice people there too :)

If I'm wrong, my sphincter is still available for carpet-shittery.But sects is fun!

hehehehehe, think I got away with that

Sheesh, Jess, you need to move.If you're thinking East Coast, I'd love to buy you a drink.
*twirls hair*

I can't believe I said that. But it stands as true :D

I need to get out of Dundee because it's eating away at (what's left of) my soul.You have a soul?

Is this thread hijacked yet? :D
Thoroughly.
Good work, all the way around.

I read that as System Overlord. :D
That sounds like peaches

Give 'em your best toffee-nosed stare and inquire as to when they last looked in a mirror.
That is the best way to do it.

Seriously.

It sounds cliched, but stand up to these ignorant wretches.

Bartholomew
01-08-2008, 12:51 AM

The person talking is the ugly one, and anyone within earshot will understand this, likely. Don't worry about getting mad or getting even. People like that are their own worst enemy.