Flowers

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I almost forgot how expensive it is to send flowers. I sent a female friend of mine flowers to be delivered tomorrow. Not cheap. But she's worth it.

I know she'll be surprised.

Hopefully she'll have a big smile all afternoon.

How often are you surprised by flowers?

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
When was the last time I got flowers? Hmmm...probably when I had my son...

So that would be 3 1/2 years ago. Yeah, that's just kind of sad. :tongue

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
That is so sweet, and kind, and thoughtful and romantic, and, and... way to go! What didja send?

16072.jpg

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
And you keep trying to convince us you aren't boyfriend material! Last time I got flowers........my daughter sent me some on my birthday. My husband sends them when he knows I'm about to kill him.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
my dad usually gives me flowers for no special reason. But that's not very often, either. Last time I got flowers from someone other than a family member.....back in my junior year of high school. On Valentine's Day, too. Of coyrse! Ha!

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
When we lived in Texas, I used to bring my wife roses every payday. When her Mom came to visit I brought her roses, too. Scored MAJOR points with the Mom-in-Law.

Never told her that, in East Texas, you could buy roses at a roadside stand for 1-2 bucks a dozen. (Somehow payday always found me in East Texas...)

:)

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Many moons ago, I had a sweet boyfriend who'd pick flowers for me on the way to my house. He'd show up with daisies, or lilacs, or a single tea rose from the yard of the elderly neighbor lady he helped with gardening.

His were the best.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
And you keep trying to convince us you aren't boyfriend material! Last time I got flowers........my daughter sent me some on my birthday. My husband sends them when he knows I'm about to kill him.
Ah, she's my new friend. I like her a lot and appreciate all that she'd done for me these past two months. I just wanted her to know how much she means to me.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Many moons ago, I had a sweet boyfriend who'd pick flowers for me on the way to my house. He'd show up with daisies, or lilacs, or a single tea rose from the yard of the elderly neighbor lady he helped with gardening.

His were the best.
Did you let him get away?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That is a super thing to do, Spooky, bet she'll love them. My hubby never sends me flowers because I'm allergic to them.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Very nice, Jon.
My daughter gives me a bouquet a couple of times a year :)

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
That's really sweet Spooky, I'm sure she'll love them.

The last time I got flowers was....oh jeez....June I wanna say...when I went a date with this guy....I think they were Lilies. It was very sweet :)

Last edited:

ona

Registered
Reaction score
Not to be rude, but aren't lilies rather funereal ?

My Dad brought my Mum violets every Saturday.

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
*Sniff* No one ever gives me flowers. No one ever tells me I'm beautiful. No one ever listens to me when I talk.

Blah, blah blah. That's all my wife ever says. :)

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
Not to be rude, but aren't lilies rather funereal ?

My Dad brought my Mum violets every Saturday.

Funeral flowers can be anything but lots of roses and carnations are commonly used, some lilies as well. Traditionally, lillies in general signify purity, white lilies indicate innocence and youth, calla lilies -- beauty, and tiger lilies signify majesty, wealth and pride.

Again, traditionally, pink roses can mean eternal remembrance, white roses are eternal love and very deep red roses signify mourning and loss.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
Flowers are a waste of money.

someone else from the "why should I spend good oney on something that's gonna be dried up garbage in a few days" school of thought. I live with someone like that. I guess my argument would be 'booze is a waste of money, cigarettes are a waste of money, but at least flowers don't kill ya, cause your business to get broke into, or land ya in jail'. And they can put a smile on someone's face.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
someone else from the "why should I spend good oney on something that's gonna be dried up garbage in a few days" school of thought. I live with someone like that. I guess my argument would be 'booze is a waste of money, cigarettes are a waste of money, but at least flowers don't kill ya, cause your business to get broke into, or land ya in jail'. And they can put a smile on someone's face.
Flowers can kill if you're alergic.

Booze isn't a waste of money because it helps me put up with people who think flowers are necessary to put a smile on their face.