PDA

View Full Version : What movie was this ?

Mac H.
01-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Ok, my poor girlfriend is slowly going mad trying to remember the name of an older movie. I offered to help, but my google-fu has failed me.

The story involves a passenger liner sinking, but the passengers survive underwater, and generate their own oxygen by rigging up some machines & algae.

They are discovered years later.

The song 'Happy Days are here again' is heard continually throughout the movie .. it was one of the only records the passengers had.

If there were any search terms I should have used (or possibly sites I should have checked) please tell me ... it is rather embarrassing for me not to be able to find info like this on the web ... after all, what else is the web for?

Thanks everyone,

Mac.

Joe270
01-06-2008, 07:31 AM
I think that was Poseidon Adventure II. Give me a minute to check it.

Joe270
01-06-2008, 07:52 AM
I'm wrong. I recall that movie, but I think I only saw trailers of it.

I'll keep trying.

Mac H.
01-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Well, I stumbled across the answer.

"Goliath Awaits" : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082461/

Made for TV, 1981

To quote from the plot synopsis (via IMDB) :

During World War II, the passenger liner "Goliath" is sunk by a German submarine. Portions of the ship's hull remain airtight, and some of the passengers and crew survive. Over the decades, they build an isolated, rigidly regulated world, completely isolated from the surface world until contemporary times when a diving team begins to explore the wreck.

Mac

Stormhawk
01-06-2008, 12:47 PM
O_O

O_O

Holy fscking shit. (Excuse the French, but that's my reaction).

You know that thing where you have an idea, and someone's already done it, and you didn't know, or does it at the same time as you?

About five years ago, I wrote a script...it was about a passenger submarine, like P&O kinda thing, but underwater, called Goliath. It got sunk, but a small portion of the crew managed to survive (not in the ship, but in an air-pocket-cave-thing - see Milo's grease trap explanation from Atlantis). They lived isolated until years later, when people went back to look a the site of the accident.

O_O

Now I'm going to be stuck wondering if I watched when I was little and have no memory of it, or if it was just a coincidence.

The_Grand_Duchess
01-07-2008, 01:20 AM
It sounded much cooler than the website makes it seemed. The idea I had going probably is much cooler.