PDA

View Full Version : In like a lion...

robeiae
01-05-2008, 11:29 PM
I arrived at the surgery center promptly at 8:00 am. My surgery was scheduled for 10:00 am. This was yesterday--Friday--which turns out to be the big day for this particular procedure. I noted the angst and fear of the many other males in the waiting room, as their date with destiny approached. But I was calm and relaxed. I brought a book to read (which I was still reading as they wheeled me into the operating room).

At just about ten, a nurse fetched me and took me to a prep area, where I disrobed completely, put on a hospital gown and stretched out on a gurney. The nurse hooked up an IV (I hadn't had a thing to eat or drink since since the night before), covered me with a blanket and told me to relax, they'd come for me in a few minutes. And they did. Still reading, as they rolled me towards the operating room, I noted the solemn respect afforded me by every male that I passed. A true band of brothers.

In the operating room, they hooked up a little inhaler thing to my nose. The clock read 10:12. Breath deep the nurse said, it's just oxygen.

I opened my eyes to find myself still on my gurney but in another room. Straight ahead of me on the wall was a clock--11:00 on the nose.

I was feeling goofy and joked with several nurses that came by to check on me. Then I took a nap.

Soon after, a nurse said it was time to sit up, have some juice, and get dressed. They'd already called my ride, who was on his way to pick me up. So, I did as she asked--noting in the process that I'd picked up a nifty new jockstrap, though I don't recall putting it on--and put my clothes on.

Before I left, they handed me a sheet of instructions. The doctor checked on me to see if had any questions. He said most men were normally a little sore for one or two days, but with my unnaturally superior constitution, I would probably only feel it for 24 to 48 hours...

So, I have a question:

Do I look or sound any different?? Be honest...

nerds
01-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Yes.

Your voice is quite a bit higher than it used to be.

scarletpeaches
01-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Did you get breast implants?

Perks
01-05-2008, 11:33 PM
You sound less likely to be called "Daddy" by any new people in your life, save the occasional prostitute.

robeiae
01-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Did you get breast implants?You're not helping.

No, I did not. If I did, I would look too much like RT.

SpookyWriter
01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
You're not helping.

No, I did not. If I did, I would look too much like RT.:roll: Robieia seen RT nakked.

robeiae
01-05-2008, 11:47 PM
:roll: Robieia seen RT nakked.
Sadly, yes. Haggis used a nude shot of RT for his Christmas card...

dpaterso
01-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Any scar pictures?

Have you peed yet? If so, did anything come out anywhere it shouldn't?

-Derek

maestrowork
01-06-2008, 12:12 AM
24 hours for recovery from a sex change operation? Man, our medical technology is amazing.

Jean Marie
01-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Yeah, apparently you don't know the difference between one or 2 days and 24-48 hours.

You lost your smarts, Rob. I'd sue.

Hint: They're the same.

Jersey Chick
01-06-2008, 12:22 AM
A ride? A real man would have jogged home. ;)

robeiae
01-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Truly, I can feel the love. You peeps are the best...

quickWit
01-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Gas? GAS? They actually put you under? What was that, a women's hospital you went to? All I got was a towel to bite on! Boy how times have changed.

Seriously, welcome to the club, brother! Glad you came out almost in one piece.

Chumplet
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
You sounded very calm and brave. I'm also surprised they put you under. What nice peeps. If they hadn't, I'm sure you would have been reading your book instead of sneaking a peek at the mirror.

I should post this in front of my hubby. The discussion's been going on for about fifteen years now.

SpookyWriter
01-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Gas? GAS? They actually put you under? What was that, a women's hospital you went to? All I got was a towel to bite on! Boy how times have changed.

Seriously, welcome to the club, brother! Glad you came out almost in one piece.:roll: I think one piece came out or off. I like your new hair, btw.

Perks
01-06-2008, 12:41 AM
It's a fine thing you've done there, Master Rob. You'll be reaping the benefits in a few weeks.

Just stay off your feet for the next couple of days. Seriously.

robeiae
01-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Few weeks?!?!

No action for THREE MONTHS!

Jersey Chick
01-06-2008, 12:46 AM
I'll have to keep that from my husband. He's just about decided he's almost ready to think about it. :D

Perks
01-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Few weeks?!?!

No action for THREE MONTHS!What the hell have you got in there, innertubes? I think the doc was a woman...

nerds
01-06-2008, 12:52 AM
What the hell have you got in there, innertubes? I think the doc was a woman...

pneumatics, methinks. 3 months? That can't be right. Wasn't that long for my ex but I can't remember now how long it actually was. But then, clearly he didn't have super-pneumatic inner tubes like robeieiaiiieieiiaiaiieieiei.

robeiae
01-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Well, it says "no unprotected..." for three months. But I don't like galoshes.

quickWit
01-06-2008, 12:57 AM
That's for your wife's benefit, due to the risk of explosion.

Don't sweat it, though. It's like a 1 in 12 chance or something.

nerds
01-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Well, it says "no unprotected..." for three months. But I don't like galoshes.

Oh, okay, I thought you meant none at all. Yes, the 3 months is right for that. We waited almost four before we felt sure enough for me to go off the Pill, and - we conceived our son immediately. (No regrets!) But there you are - get your count checked before you do the unprotected thing.

kristie911
01-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Buy yourself some Trojans and you'll be back in action in a couple of weeks. You'll survive. It's either protected or nothing. Is it really a tough choice?!

Get the ribbed ones...they're for her pleasure. ;)

robeiae
01-06-2008, 01:05 AM
My last child--now four months old--was conceived while my wife was still taking the pill. So, I intend to be careful (we're both in our forties).

I may need some test subjects...

kristie911
01-06-2008, 01:07 AM

*Hides behind the couch*

robeiae
01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
*Hides behind the couch*
Yeah, I pretty much cleared the room with that suggestion...

JLCwrites
01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Congrats! Good for you! Not too many men out there who have the balls to go for it. Now go and have a stiff one to celebrate. :)

Susie
01-06-2008, 02:58 AM
You're a true gentleman, Rob and humanitarian, though I think we all need a few minutes of silence now...

Silver King
01-06-2008, 03:29 AM
Any man who willingly goes under the knife for that procedure is a hero in my book. I had a similar operation when I was twenty, but it was to repair testicular torsion, which occurs when your balls basically get twisted into a knot and impede the flow of blood. There is simply nothing more excruciating, accompanied by an unusual swelling that is terrifying. The first time it happened, I thought I was going to die.

A couple of sutures on each side (testicular fixation) are designed to keep them apart. Unfortunately, the procedure was not successful in my case, and I've had to learn how to quickly get things untwisted when it happens. The hard part is guessing which way to manipulate them without making matters worse.

Perks
01-06-2008, 03:39 AM
The hard part is guessing which way to manipulate them without making matters worse.I don't even have testicles and that makes me cry.

nerds
01-06-2008, 03:39 AM
My ex did it for me, since the idea of my being on the Pill forever and ever and courting its health dangers appalled him. We'd made a decision not to have children after long and careful consideration. Then, post-vasectomy, our son was conceived, and what a gift to us he was and is. Life being what it is, we were such happy parents that we would have liked to have had at least one more, but it was of course too late after that.

I love men, and I love my ex for his willingness to do it for me/us. I'm so glad it "failed" initially. Any guy willing to step up is aces in my book.

Perks
01-06-2008, 03:44 AM
It's a tremendous freedom after having it entirely as my responsibility for ten years. There would have been a limit to how long I was willing to take a pill/insert some contraceptive thingymabob/get cut open... you know. All's fair in love and fertilization.

Jersey Chick
01-06-2008, 03:45 AM
I'm going to second (or third, or fourth) that. Just out of curiosity - how long are you out of work (if at all)? My husband sooooo can't afford another long recup period. :)

Perks
01-06-2008, 03:48 AM
If you don't act like a stud and try to get around over the weekend (and everything goes according to the textbook), you can do it Friday morning and be at work on Monday. That's assuming your job doesn't involve heavy-lifting.

nerds
01-06-2008, 03:53 AM
That's how it went for us. It was done on a Friday morning, my ex spent the weekend in his easy chair and was feeling pretty fine by Monday when he went back to work. (This is why Fridays are so popular, so the guys have a chance to just sit before getting back to work.) It was about seven days out before he felt 100% with no twinges or discomfort. Perks' caution about heavy lifting is important - they shouldn't do any for awhile, whether on the job or around the house. That does include hoisting babies/toddlers.

Silver King
01-06-2008, 04:08 AM
I don't even have testicles and that makes me cry.
It doesn't happen often, a few times a year, and usually at night while I'm asleep, from tossing and turning I imagine. It's a hell of a thing to wake up to. The first couple of times, I went to the emergency room, where someone was kind enough to straighten me out. Then when I had the procedure done, I figured my troubles were over. You can imagine my disappointment when I realized this would be a recurring problem. Now it's just a matter of lying very still, taking a deep breath and reaching down with the understanding that no matter how great the pain is at that moment, relief is but a few turns to the left or right...

reigningcatsndogs
01-06-2008, 05:12 AM
Any man who willingly goes under the knife for that procedure is a hero in my book. I had a similar operation when I was twenty, but it was to repair testicular torsion, which occurs when your balls basically get twisted into a knot and impede the flow of blood. There is simply nothing more excruciating, accompanied by an unusual swelling that is terrifying. The first time it happened, I thought I was going to die.

A couple of sutures on each side (testicular fixation) are designed to keep them apart. Unfortunately, the procedure was not successful in my case, and I've had to learn how to quickly get things untwisted when it happens. The hard part is guessing which way to manipulate them without making matters worse.

Major mousy-type icky-shivers!!!!! Actually -- even bigger than mousy-type!!!

Thank God I got boobs -- they may not be perfect but they don't twist into a knot -- at least not yet!!

reigningcatsndogs
01-06-2008, 05:13 AM
It doesn't happen often, a few times a year, and usually at night while I'm asleep, from tossing and turning I imagine. It's a hell of a thing to wake up to. The first couple of times, I went to the emergency room, where someone was kind enough to straighten me out. Then when I had the procedure done, I figured my troubles were over. You can imagine my disappointment when I realized this would be a recurring problem. Now it's just a matter of lying very still, taking a deep breath and reaching down with the understanding that no matter how great the pain is at that moment, relief is but a few turns to the left or right...

I vow to NEVER complain about another charlie horse!!!

Jean Marie
01-06-2008, 05:18 AM
My last child--now four months old--was conceived while my wife was still taking the pill. So, I intend to be careful (we're both in our forties).

Good luck w/ that one, Robo. My brother's were still alive following his snipping. #4 was born afterwards.

akiwiguy
01-06-2008, 05:43 AM
Support at www.eunochs.com Rob.

Mine was...

Some pre-op pill, a local anaesthetic, snip snip and I was telling my wife to sod off because she basically had her head jammed in my crotch trying to see what was happening. But it got odd when I jumped off bed, because I went woozie from the pill, so the nurse had to bend down to pull my jeans up. And I tottered over and poked her in the eye, you know... Laughing. Embarrassing but true.

Jersey Chick
01-06-2008, 06:13 AM
If you don't act like a stud and try to get around over the weekend (and everything goes according to the textbook), you can do it Friday morning and be at work on Monday. That's assuming your job doesn't involve heavy-lifting.

Hmm... that could be a problem. Hubby's a pipefitter. Heavy lifting is about 65% of his job...

And, SK, you're giving me a case of the major oookies - stop with the twisting stories before I faint! :D

Jean Marie
01-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Yeah, I've heard enough twisted balls stories, Dino...well, to last a while, anyway. Kind of kills ever wanting to play twister anytime soon, y'know.

maestrowork
01-06-2008, 08:14 AM
my balls are fine, thank you very much.

Jersey Chick
01-06-2008, 09:07 AM
The ball twisting reminds me of a time when my husband accidentally (as opposed to on-purposely, I guess) sat on his boys. I've never seen anyone jump up so fast. Even he's not real sure how he did it.

SpookyWriter
01-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Double jointed?

Joe270
01-06-2008, 09:17 AM
to repair testicular torsion

Silver, I gotta appologize for all those testicular torsion jokes I put out about a month back.

And I sincerely appologize for calling you a twisted person a couple weeks back, I didn't know at the time that you were, indeed, twisted in the worst possible way.

Rob, you need frozen peas. Frozen peas are your best friends right now, at least while your best friends are healing up.

Fingers
01-06-2008, 09:39 AM
They gave you gas??? What a weenie. (no pun intended) I had to be given a total of five local shots that only took effect half way through the second one. I was told to have at least twenty ejaculations before getting my sperm count checked. They suggested (with tongue in cheek) that maybe my wife could give me hand. About four years later my wife had to have a total hysterectomie so the whole thing was rendered moot. Just my luck. I had mine done on a friday and was back to work the following monday. And when they say no heavy lifting they arent joking. My friend opened the hood of his car three days after his op and his boys swelled up like two balloons. Welcome to the club.

yer pal Brian

Bravo
01-06-2008, 09:47 AM
there isnt a way in hell i'd ever willingly let someone cut things down there.

i plan on being virile until i die.

but good luck robeeee.

p.s. silver: good luck w that torsion problem. i've seen the pix of that, it ain't pretty. yikes.