In like a lion...

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I arrived at the surgery center promptly at 8:00 am. My surgery was scheduled for 10:00 am. This was yesterday--Friday--which turns out to be the big day for this particular procedure. I noted the angst and fear of the many other males in the waiting room, as their date with destiny approached. But I was calm and relaxed. I brought a book to read (which I was still reading as they wheeled me into the operating room).

At just about ten, a nurse fetched me and took me to a prep area, where I disrobed completely, put on a hospital gown and stretched out on a gurney. The nurse hooked up an IV (I hadn't had a thing to eat or drink since since the night before), covered me with a blanket and told me to relax, they'd come for me in a few minutes. And they did. Still reading, as they rolled me towards the operating room, I noted the solemn respect afforded me by every male that I passed. A true band of brothers.

In the operating room, they hooked up a little inhaler thing to my nose. The clock read 10:12. Breath deep the nurse said, it's just oxygen.

I opened my eyes to find myself still on my gurney but in another room. Straight ahead of me on the wall was a clock--11:00 on the nose.

I was feeling goofy and joked with several nurses that came by to check on me. Then I took a nap.

Soon after, a nurse said it was time to sit up, have some juice, and get dressed. They'd already called my ride, who was on his way to pick me up. So, I did as she asked--noting in the process that I'd picked up a nifty new jockstrap, though I don't recall putting it on--and put my clothes on.

Before I left, they handed me a sheet of instructions. The doctor checked on me to see if had any questions. He said most men were normally a little sore for one or two days, but with my unnaturally superior constitution, I would probably only feel it for 24 to 48 hours...

So, I have a question:

Do I look or sound any different?? Be honest...

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Yes.

Your voice is quite a bit higher than it used to be.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
You sound less likely to be called "Daddy" by any new people in your life, save the occasional prostitute.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Any scar pictures?

Have you peed yet? If so, did anything come out anywhere it shouldn't?

-Derek

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
Gas? GAS? They actually put you under? What was that, a women's hospital you went to? All I got was a towel to bite on! Boy how times have changed.

Seriously, welcome to the club, brother! Glad you came out almost in one piece.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
You sounded very calm and brave. I'm also surprised they put you under. What nice peeps. If they hadn't, I'm sure you would have been reading your book instead of sneaking a peek at the mirror.

I should post this in front of my hubby. The discussion's been going on for about fifteen years now.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Gas? GAS? They actually put you under? What was that, a women's hospital you went to? All I got was a towel to bite on! Boy how times have changed.

Seriously, welcome to the club, brother! Glad you came out almost in one piece.
:roll: I think one piece came out or off. I like your new hair, btw.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
It's a fine thing you've done there, Master Rob. You'll be reaping the benefits in a few weeks.

Just stay off your feet for the next couple of days. Seriously.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
What the hell have you got in there, innertubes? I think the doc was a woman...

pneumatics, methinks. 3 months? That can't be right. Wasn't that long for my ex but I can't remember now how long it actually was. But then, clearly he didn't have super-pneumatic inner tubes like robeieiaiiieieiiaiaiieieiei.

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
That's for your wife's benefit, due to the risk of explosion.

Don't sweat it, though. It's like a 1 in 12 chance or something.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it says "no unprotected..." for three months. But I don't like galoshes.

Oh, okay, I thought you meant none at all. Yes, the 3 months is right for that. We waited almost four before we felt sure enough for me to go off the Pill, and - we conceived our son immediately. (No regrets!) But there you are - get your count checked before you do the unprotected thing.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Buy yourself some Trojans and you'll be back in action in a couple of weeks. You'll survive. It's either protected or nothing. Is it really a tough choice?!

Get the ribbed ones...they're for her pleasure. ;)