Sergeant's wife thanks you for support

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Below is an email I received from the wife of the ailing sergeant, Robert Mobley. You may recall I asked you to sign his guestbook (which you can still do) and send along well wishes. Here's the note. Thanks again for your support:
Hello Jason,

I wanted to personally thank you for sharing Robert Mobley's story with so many of your friends. The well wishes on Caring Bridge have been so encouraging not only to him, but to myself as well. I know we could not have made it through all the hard and difficult times in the hospital if it wasn't for everyones prayers and words of encouragement.

Thank you Jason for caring and sharing Robert's story.

Sincerely,
Myra Mobley

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
That site is a great idea.

I think having a little list of people in one's diary to think of/pray for each morning, most of whom are strangers, has a flow on effect. It helps one "get out of oneself" so to say, and see a broader perspective of life and the ordeals people suffer. And one feels an odd connection from afar.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
It's incredibly comforting to me to know there are folks half a world away who care... I've been shown time and again, especially when Oklahoma's weather goddess is particularly capricious, the kindness of those whom I most likely will never meet face-to. I hope the Mobleys feel that same comfort, over and over, knowing that same fact.

Thanks, Jason, for giving me the opportunity - the honor - of helping someone who helps me every single day just by being who he is and doing what he does.