What do you listen to in the car?

What do you listen to in the car?

• Total voters

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i record rep comments given to me and play them back for myself on a loop.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I voted for CD/MP3, etc, but we also download a lot of podcasts, especially from NPR. We listen to the radio now & then but I can't understand them yet.

Oh, and our car is dead right now so my answer is Nothing until February when my parents bring an alternator.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
CD's--Loreena McKennitt.

I like blasting Linkin Park, and Staind, but I suffer road rage, so Loreena McKennitt keeps me from killing my fellow drivers.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Arrrrgggh! Absolutely nothing at the moment because I had a starter motor fixed a couple of days ago, and they hever bothered to track down and enter the stereo's security code after the battery was hooked up again. I of course discovered this as I embarked on a four hour trip. Arrrggggh!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
It depends. Sometimes AM for the news, sometimes FM for music, sometimes a tape, sometimes the kids, sometimes that annoying buzzing sound from my fan when I get above 60mph.

ETA: Oh, yeah, what joe says about shouting obscenities.

jessicaorr

Book fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I'm lucky to live in an area with a really good NPR station.

NPR is a beautiful thing.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
I find conversation with hitch-hikers the best of all (apparently not something you readily do in the States). Picked a guy up the other day, who'd just got back from working in US and Mexico, and it made the trip go in no time. We had a fascinating conversation about our best and worst LSD trips when younger. True. It was interesting.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Yeah, hitchhiking pretty much stopped in the U.S. after the 70's. Now I wanna hitch across New Zeland. That would be so much fun.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
that pretty much stopped in the U.S. after the late 1970's or so. i'd love to see new zeland. that would be so much fun.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
I mainly listen to my iPod if I'm going to be driving long distances. Other than that, just the plain 'ol radio.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
whoops, sorry III, i posted at the same time as me

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
My car doesn't have ipod connection, but I listen to O&A in the AM and local talk in the afternoon drive. Portuguese language CDs, and occasional Cds when not going to or from work.

Kinda wastes the $2000 stereo I added when I was in my mid 20s and had no hearing damage yet.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, hitchhiking pretty much stopped in the U.S. after the 70's. Now I wanna hitch across New Zeland. That would be so much fun.

that pretty much stopped in the U.S. after the late 1970's or so. i'd love to see new zeland. that would be so much fun.

Quite honestly, a thought that has often flicked through my mind is that if I was stinking rich (which I'm not) instead of flat broke (which I am) it would be really tempting to pay for a swag of AWers airfares to meet up somewhere, hire a camper or two and share some real life for a couple of weeks or whatever.

Honest to God, it is something that has often flicked through my mind. Just to meet them, and to have a real shared experience to look back at.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Quite honestly, a thought that has often flicked through my mind is that if I was stinking rich (which I'm not) instead of flat broke (which I am) it would be really tempting to pay for a swag of AWers airfares to meet up somewhere, hire a camper or two and share some real life for a couple of weeks or whatever.

Honest to God, it is something that has often flicked through my mind. Just to meet them, and to have a real shared experience to look back at.
Anyone think this sounds like Road Rules / Real World with more alcohol and flirting?

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Any chance you could make it to Colorado for the SciFi convention, Kiwi? A bunch of AW folks are talking about meeting there (of course I'd prefer to visit NZ!) If nothing else, we can hang out in the next life.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone think this sounds like Road Rules / Real World with more alcohol and flirting?

To be honest it would have to take a hell of a lot of alcohol to find myself flirting with III.

Nah, beyond all the drugs/alsohol stuff these days. Perhaps a few cans at night as we regale ourselves with improvised story-telling.