PDA

View Full Version : Sibling War

ZannaPerry
01-04-2008, 07:13 AM
I hate to badmouth my family let alone my sister, but that's okay, right? Because she is my sister, the one I am allowed to hate, not even like all that much. I'll always love her, but I do not like her. Not even as a person.

Flaws:

She's 25 with a baby and lives at home. Sees no point in moving because she lives somewhere free, eats our food, and goes out every night after she puts the baby to sleep.

She's selfish. Only thinks of herself. For example, she smokes in the basement of our house because she doesn't want to go out in the cold and smoke, not thinking about anyone else in the house (because the rest of us don't smoke) and doesn't realize that the smoke will rise and brush out of the vents in every room. I went down and told her not to smoke in the house anymore, and she practically blew my head off she was so mad.

She's a slob. Never picks up after herself. We share a bathroom, and really...I only use it to shower and brush my teeth. To her, it's second bedroom. Clothes everywhere. She steals things from me, and then lies about it when I question her.

On Thanksgiving, I was going to wear this nice shirt I had just bought a few days prior and I could not find it anywhere in my closet, or in the basement, and I knew it wouldn't be there because I hadn't worn it yet therefore it couldn't have been dirty. I ask my sister if she took it. I asked her nicely. She said no, repeatedly, then I got really upset because I know she was lying. I gave up on the shirt for a while up until a week ago, and I find it in her room stuffed in a bag she was going to give away. I wasn't as mad as I thought I would be. I told my mom I had found my shirt, that my sister had lied, and my mom wasn't surprised, but she was when I told her I wasn't going to mention it to my sister. I'm the bigger person, at least I have my shirt back.

You may all be thinking that this post is pointless, but it's really not. Everything that's drama in this house is surrounded by her. My parents keep telling me not to bother about my sister's life but it's a little hard when she's constantly talking about the drama, and she's always around. We are looking to sell this house in the spring, but we can't. Not unless my sister and her son move out because we won't be able to keep this house clean everyday for open houses appointments because of all her crap.

Seriously.....I can't wait for her to leave.

Is that wrong? NO! And is it wrong that I told her so, and sort of hurt her feelings? NO! Because she needs to know she needs to move on with her life and MOVE THE HELL OUT!

Done venting....had to get some of it off my chest. To anyone whom it may concern.

Don Allen
01-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Geeze Suz,
Your sister sounds like a clone of my piece of shit trampy sister in law, who is 26, dosen't have a kid, but lives in our basement, drinks like a fish, smokes like a chimney, cusses like a sailor, and screws anything with a dinky. She dresses like a slut, stays out until all hours of the night, and has no respect for anyone. I can't stand her but like you, seem to be stuck with her for a while... UUUUGGGGGGGG... Thanks for the vent thread......

ZannaPerry
01-04-2008, 07:26 AM
I am only happy to vent and looking forward to seeing if anyone else will vent about the people they are suppose to "care" about.

This is the thread to do it.

Hey Don, why don't you tell her to move out? That would make me go insane! I feel like a maid around this house anymore...always picking up after my sister so my mom won't start yelling at her to lift a finger once in a while.

SpookyWriter
01-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Yowz! And people wonder why I'm still single. :Shrug:

Don Allen
01-04-2008, 07:32 AM
I'd have to write a small wip to fill you in on all the crap, suffice to say that I try to keep the peace, while losing my mind... Sounds like you might be in the same spot.

Bravo
01-04-2008, 07:35 AM
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85995

Rolling Thunder
01-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Just because a person shares the same blood, it doesn't mean you have to like or love them. The universe only stuck you with them at random.

Silver King
01-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Aw, Suzy, you're too nice!

All you need to do is go up to your sister, grab a fist-full of her hair and yank her head back as hard as you can without breaking her neck, and tell her exactly how you feel, your face inches from hers.

What's so hard about that? Let her have it good and get it over with, and then come back here and let us know how you made out.

JoNightshade
01-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Suzy, sounds to me like the problem here is not your sister, but your parents. Honestly, who wouldn't take a free ride with no consequences?

TrainofThought
01-04-2008, 07:52 AM
All you need to do is go up to your sister, grab a fist-full of her hair and yank her head back as hard as you can without breaking her neck, and tell her exactly how you feel, your face inches from hers.

What's so hard about that? Let her have it good and get it over with, and then come back here and let us know how you made out.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_6.gif

Have you thought about moving out? I donít know what your situation is but it's an option. If your parents are going to allow it in their house then everyone has to put up with it.

Dear God,

Thank you for giving me a good brother and sister.

Love the youngest, smartest and bestest, :D

ToT

nerds
01-04-2008, 07:58 AM
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85995

LOL. I just followed this link. I'm the last of seven and easily the most miserable pains in the ass of the bunch were the two oldest. omfg. So I guess our family was upside-down, but then that's not really news to me.

HeronW
01-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Your parents allow this behavior, why should your sister change? They are enabling and condoning for the sake of the grandchild. If you don't want this behavior, leaving is your best choice. If your parents keep making excuses for your sister's lack of responsibility, they're also responsible for what happens. Don't rely on others to change. Make those changes yourself, for yourself.

Just Jack
01-04-2008, 08:31 AM
You choose your friends but not your relatives.

I know how you feel, your supposed to love your family. But ya know what? If the ONLY thing keeping the love togethor is a social norm, then I say all contracts are null and void.

You dont HAVE to love anyone, that's just society telling you what to do and how to do it.

ZannaPerry
01-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Oh, you just don't know all the juicy stuff that goes on around here. My parents hate it just as much as I do. I just don't know what they say behind the scenes. I only know what my mom says when she vents to me, and when I vent to her. My dad doesn't like how she's mooching off of us, but he loves the baby and wouldn't want to see them go. Besides, my dad is a very quiet, personal man. He hates arguing. Which is why us women in the house yell in a different room.

It's okay for 1/4 of the time, but other times I just want to pull my hair out, or lock myself in my room until she moves out.

I should edit though that my sister does want to move out, but she is the SLOWEST person I KNOW! She thinks but never reacts. It's frustrating, and she's always trying to get on my bad side, and bothers me and........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Maybe I should put a pillow over her face. She's asleep right now...at least I think she is. I don't know. I've been in my room for half the night. I just want her to go away, and my parents know this, and share my opinion...but they're just nicer about it.

AND! I would LOVE to move out but it's not in the cards right now.

Siddow
01-04-2008, 08:41 AM
If I were your parents, I'd have thrown you all out the day you turned 18. Okay, maybe 20.

I don't think anything could tick me off as much as an adult child of mine bitching that her adult sister is still at home. GET OUT! You want to have say in who stays and who goes? Get your own friggin place.

ZannaPerry
01-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Again, Siddow, if I had the chance (and money) I'd do it in a heartbeat.

writerterri
01-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Sounds like the perfact situation for her to be in as long as you guys are willing to enable her.

Just saying.

PattiTheWicked
01-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Oh, you just don't know all the juicy stuff that goes on around here. My parents hate it just as much as I do.

Call me PattiTheObvious, but if they hated it that much, she'd be gone. They tolerate it, which is why she's still there. She's taking advantage of them, and they're allowing her to do so.

I should edit though that my sister does want to move out, but she is the SLOWEST person I KNOW!

Why on earth would she want to move out? She has it made. She may complain about having to live with her parents at 25, but I guarantee you if she really wanted to move out, she'd find a way. There's no incentive for her to leave, though -- she has a free ride, sponging off mom and dad, doing whatever she wants.

I would LOVE to move out but it's not in the cards right now.

If you *really* want to leave, there's always a way. And look, don't take this personally, but if you're an adult too, and you're living at your parents without paying rent or anything, this is kind of a case of the pot and the kettle.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Aw, Suzy, you're too nice!

What's so hard about that? Let her have it good and get it over with, and then come back here and let us know how you made out.

What's wrong with breaking her neck? ;)

Suzy, sounds to me like the problem here is not your sister, but your parents. Honestly, who wouldn't take a free ride with no consequences?

What Jo said.

If you *really* want to leave, there's always a way. And look, don't take this personally, but if you're an adult too, and you're living at your parents without paying rent or anything, this is kind of a case of the pot and the kettle.

What PattitheObvious said.

Sunkissed27f
01-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Locks on doors are peoples best friends.
I mean they keep things in and out...what a brilliant invention!!

Just for kicks I would add a shock device to the door handle and an alarm....yeah....desperate times call for desperate measures!!

I'm going to steal a little small tiny saying from a friend of mine. Hope he doesn't mind..though I have read it some where before, put in a slightly different way:

"Sometimes blood is not thicker than water. Sometimes blood just bleeds."

cray
01-04-2008, 08:15 PM
:e2file:

ZannaPerry
01-04-2008, 08:44 PM
My parents are not weak people, but they also have a conscience and don't want to boot my sister out of the house with a baby and little money at the moment. It's JUST ME who can't stand her living here.

Besides, I am just venting. Let me vent! It feels good.

PattiTheWicked
01-04-2008, 09:47 PM
My parents are not weak people, but they also have a conscience and don't want to boot my sister out of the house with a baby and little money at the moment.

Sometimes, the best thing you can do for someone is the thing that seems the least appealing.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-04-2008, 11:42 PM
It used to be called 'tough love'. I don't know what it's called these days - if it still exists at all.

MattW
01-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Introduce her to billzthrillz.