PDA

View Full Version : Personal blog seeks personal opinions!

SpeckyBrunette
01-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Heya all!

Okay, hoist up your Simon Cowell trousers because I'd really like some truthful opinions on this.

I have a personal blog and although it's rather new, I'm starting to post a lot more. It's basically a place to air my thoughts and opinions and what's going on in my life.

Could anyone offer some honest thoughts on this? I love blunt honesty so nothing will offend!

Here it is: The Bespectacled Brunette (http://bespectacledbrunette.blogspot.com).

Thanks!

Susan Breen
01-04-2008, 03:51 AM
I think it looks gorgeous and you have a great voice. Instead of setting a goal of writing two novels, however, I would concentrate on just writing one. But that's just me. Good luck with your resolutions.

jessicaorr
01-04-2008, 05:35 AM
I really love the layout- great theme! I like your writing style. I also really like the "currently reading" widget on the right column.

Ava Jarvis
01-04-2008, 05:39 AM
Gorgeous template! Great art AND great style. Clear and beautiful. Chic & Sassy rocks.

Your voice is excellent. By the way, I love your copyright statement.

Two thumbs up, way up!

SpeckyBrunette
01-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Whoa, seriously?

Thanks a lot! :)

Marilyn Braun
01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
I LOVE your template!! It just screams 'this blog is really interesting so read it'. Where can I get a template that does that for my blog?

scarletpeaches
01-08-2008, 11:20 PM
You might want to put the link in your signature so people can get to it from any of your posts, SpeckyBrunette.

But I love it; it looks great!

SpeckyBrunette
01-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Once again, thanks so much!

The design is by Chic and Sassy (chicsassydesigns.blogspot.com). The girl who runs it makes the most amazing templates - she usually does custom but right now I think she has premades only - and they're not expensive, either. (In my opinion, anyway. I've seen people charge prices WAY over the top for rather average0looking designs.)

In fact there's a premade on the site right now that's quite similar to mine.

I have a link to the designer in my sidebar, but I think I need to make it more noticeable as pretty much everyone who sees my blog comments on the design and asks about it. I'm going to email her now and see if she has a button of some sort than stands out more than a text link does!