website help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paperairplane

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepaperairplane.webs.com
I'm really unsure if this is the right forum to post this question in, but it seems a safe, sort of miscellanious (sp?) place, so here goes.
Although the only thing I have published so far is an essay in an anthology of essays, I'm trying to put together a website and using freewebs because, let's face it, I don't know anything about HTML and I want my site to look good even if it looks generic. The question is, what sort of things should I include in the website? So far I really only have a homepage, bio, and blog. I'm planning on posting some of my shorter stories, but really don't know what else to put and any help would be appreciated.

http://thepaperairplane.webs.com

eek_a_snake

Registered
Reaction score
This is kind of off-topic, but rather than Freewebs, you might also consider using Google Pages which is ad free by default and also has the drag-and-drop page creation tools. (I think you can stick your own ads on if you have an Adsense account, if you really want them.)

If you buy a domain name, Google also has Google Apps, which lets you use your domain name with their services, so you can have the same Gmail interface and mailbox size, web hosting, start pages, document sharing, etc, but it would all be for paperairplane.com or whatever domain name you had.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[Maryn somehow ties her own hands behind her back to keep from writing entirely unacceptable 'adult' commentary about Roundtable safety.]

Status
Not open for further replies.