My day from hell...literally...!

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
I went to work this early morning not really knowing that the temperature outside was a little above zero degrees. No joke. So, I head to work only to discover that it's just as cold inside the building with very little warmth in certain places of the bar I work at because our heaters broke. My coworkers and I were still wearing out winter coats for most of the day up until noon or so. THEN, in the warmer part of the place I started smelling something gawd awful where most of the people were eating at. I tell my manager, and she informs me that a few of the pipes have frozen, and cracked the crapper so it smelled like dog sh*t throughout the place.

ALSO, our dishwasher tank exploded...water everywhere in the kitchen. My friend was cashing out and her total sales were $666. THEN, one of the computer screens in the kitchen started printing up a really sick, morbid joke over and over in big bold letters. I sh*t you not. By that point, my manager closed the bar for the rest of the day because there was just too much going on and nothing was getting fixed. I came home around 2:30.

It's been one hell of a day!

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
That really can't be described as anything but a day from hell. OMG, what was up with all that stuff??

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I had a really nice steak dinner and a port of imported wine. :D Just kidding.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
That really can't be described as anything but a day from hell. OMG, what was up with all that stuff??

I don't really know what the cause of it all was.....says so one of my managers said that the bar is built on top of an Indian burial ground. Not that I believe her, but we have a whole bunch of ancient artifacts hanging all over the walls and we also have a canoe hanging on the ceiling, and she said at one point when she was working that the boat started dripping blood on a table where guests were eating. I wasn't there, nor did I see it. She claims it happened, she had witnesses, and I just brush it off. I mean...seriously? If they, as in the ghosts, wanted to catch the place on fire they would have done so by now. It's a very old place.

I wanted to leave as soon as I stepped inside the building. Funny, how that is.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Whatever you do, don't drink the red rum.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
near zero weather eh? that's what you call a cold day in hell.
so-that means something somewhere unusual or good had to have happened, ya know?
you've said it, "it''ll be a cold day in hell when ...."

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Being cold sucks. I should know. One of the rooms in our house is now down to 8 degrees.