Psychological Suspense Links & Info Anyone?

Fictionalizer

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: I could really use some support for writing Psychological Suspense. I've done some research into this sub-genre but haven't found much. My book are heavy on the psychological/medical aspects as well.

Any information, links, etc. would be nice. Also any published writers to read would be great.

This genre is definitely my thang. The stories take on a life of their own. Words come without struggle.

I did find links for Psychological Fiction. I don't believe this is the same as Psychological Suspense.

Eussie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.unendinglove.com
My genre is psychological suspense. I wish I had some info for you but I don't. It seems this sub-genre is a bit thin on info. Let me know if you find anything out (and I will do the same).

Cheers,
Eussie

JanaLanier

Snarling Cur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janalanier.blogspot.com
I'm not sure if you would label it as psychological suspense, but Denis Lehany's novels are incredible (Mystic River, Shutter Island). I highly recommend them. Thomas Harris' novels are typically categorized as horror - Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon - but might also apply.

Was that what you had in mind?

Last edited:

Fictionalizer

Registered
Reaction score
JanaLanier said:
I'm not sure if you would label it as psychological suspense, but Denis Lehany's novels are incredible (Mystic River, Shutter Island). I highly recommend them. Thomas Harris' novels are typically categorized as horror - Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon - but might also apply.

Was that what you had in mind?

Maybe my books aren't psychological suspense. I don't know if there is genre which actually fits them. Is there a psychological fiction genre? Or would that fit psych suspense?

My books are heavy psych especially for the MC. He goes through a lot of crap psychologically and that is what the story is about. It is suspenseful because you never know what will set him off or when that will happen.