PDA

View Full Version : Psychological Suspense Links & Info Anyone?

Fictionalizer
03-08-2005, 05:10 AM
:hi: I could really use some support for writing Psychological Suspense. I've done some research into this sub-genre but haven't found much. My book[s] are heavy on the psychological/medical aspects as well.

Any information, links, etc. would be nice. Also any published writers to read would be great.

This genre is definitely my thang. The stories take on a life of their own. Words come without struggle.

I did find links for Psychological Fiction. I don't believe this is the same as Psychological Suspense.

Eussie
03-12-2005, 01:06 AM
My genre is psychological suspense. I wish I had some info for you but I don't. It seems this sub-genre is a bit thin on info. Let me know if you find anything out (and I will do the same).

Cheers,
Eussie

JanaLanier
03-12-2005, 01:19 AM
I'm not sure if you would label it as psychological suspense, but Denis Lehany's novels are incredible (Mystic River, Shutter Island). I highly recommend them. Thomas Harris' novels are typically categorized as horror - Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon - but might also apply.

Was that what you had in mind?

Fictionalizer
03-21-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure if you would label it as psychological suspense, but Denis Lehany's novels are incredible (Mystic River, Shutter Island). I highly recommend them. Thomas Harris' novels are typically categorized as horror - Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon - but might also apply.

Was that what you had in mind?

Maybe my books aren't psychological suspense. I don't know if there is genre which actually fits them. Is there a psychological fiction genre? Or would that fit psych suspense?

My books are heavy psych especially for the MC. He goes through a lot of crap psychologically and that is what the story is about. It is suspenseful because you never know what will set him off or when that will happen.