Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Hey, when I started subbing my novel early last year, in April I sent it to one agent and was rejected. This agent moved to a different agency in June. My quest for an agent has brought me to the agency she moved to. Should I address the query to someone else on the agency? Or to her? Could she possibly remember me after 8 months?

In the meantime, I've also revamped my query letter and done some revisions on the novel itself, including the opening. (Its a disease! I can't NOT touch it!)

Suggestions?

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Maybe it seemed obvious to you, but that agent was one of my dream agents. I thought I'd get a second chance since she had moved and was looking for new clients.

If this novel doesn't snag an agent, you can always query the dream agent with your next book (assuming it's the same genre).

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe it seemed obvious to you, but that agent was one of my dream agents. I thought I'd get a second chance since she had moved and was looking for new clients.
Ed, if she moved to a different agency and doesn't remember you then you're new. Right?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Right. If it's been more than a year then there is a good chance she doesn't remember you. The story might sound familiar though. But if she likes the writing then you're in, buddy.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, what he said. And Shadow, maybe your ms didn't grab her fancy then, but this could be your chance! Go ahead and sub it again. But don't tell her she already rejected you once. Just go with the updated query and see where that gets you. Good luck! The worst she can do is say "no."

Mayntz

Registered
Reaction score
I'd go ahead and send it along too, and don't worry whether she'll remember you -- odds are, she won't. It's been more than six months, she's moved to a new agency, and undoubtedly she's looked at dozens, if not hundreds, of other queries and manuscripts in the meantime. Keep your approach professional and you've got nothing to lose. Best of luck!

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Crum!

Of all the agents at the agency, only two deal with my genre, the one I alreadly submitted to and the other one isn't accepting unsolicited queries at this time.

:(
In my opinion, it's a sign . . . with a giant red arrow pointing in her direction. There's a reason why paths cross more than once.

Stormhawk

Angry Bunny Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.requirecookie.com
Everything happens for a reason.

At worst, you'll get another form letter to add to the burning pile.

At best...well, you never know.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Well in that case... After this long, I think she'd only remember you if your query was either very good (but not good enough) or very bad. I doubt you committed the latter, so either the improvements you've made will put you over the edge, or she doesn't remember you and you have nothing to worry about in that regard anyway. I'd say submit again. Can't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.