stage plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

huxley

Registered
Reaction score
are there any stage plays that are past their copy right. I was thinking of helping a organization by doing a theater play and charge admission.

i would think i can only charge money for a play that would by non copy right.. is that correct?

thanks

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Shakespeare. Anything really from a certain point in the past (Jacobean, Restoration, Shaw, Wilde . . .)

And Peter Pan has just become free as well!

But why not write your own? Or work with a group of actors on a collaborative piece? That can be fun as well!

huxley

Registered
Reaction score
well, i was looking for a play that i could use,,, if it works well, then yes I'd very much like to create my own story for the stage..

is there a list of not copyrighted stage plays?

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
You'll be hard pressed to find a contemporary piece that isn't still under some copyright, and I don't know of such a list, have you tried googling for one? Are my suggestions no good then?

huxley

Registered
Reaction score
they are good.... i'm just new to theater in general... i haven't really seen a profesional play... I would like to.

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Ah. I see. You may want to see one before you direct one. They aren't the same as film you know. If you have any questions about theatre you can PM me if you'd like. Let's just say I know a fair bit about the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.