Most memorable books of the last 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
USA Today released their list of the most memorable books of the last 25 years. I thought it was a fairly interesting designation - "most memorable". Definitely different than "best" or even "best selling". Just wondering what everyone else thinks of the list and more importantly, the importance of writing a book that popular culture considers "memorable".

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I hated What to Expect When You're Expecting. I had to hide it from my wife because all it did was compound all her fears about her pregnancy instead of alieve them.

As a fiction writer, I think there are far too many non-fiction books on that list, although its nice to see that the first 3, no matter what you think of them, are fiction.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Read three, own two of those three, and... that's about it. And actually haven't yet read Hawking's book, though it's been on my "to do" list for years.

So they weren't really memorable for me at all. :D

willietheshakes

Gentleman. Scholar. Bastard.
Registered
Reaction score
As a reader, yes, it's uninspiring. And I would use the word "influential", rather than memorable. And I'm surprised to not see either The Alchemist or The Celestine Prophecy there...

Status
Not open for further replies.