• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Gothic Horror novel needs Beta reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJFerguson

Registered
Reaction score
I've written a short horror novel (66k words) that I could really use a beta reader for. I'll include a description I used in a query letter below so you get a sense in advance what it's all about. If you're interested I'd be most grateful and you can either PM me, or send me an E-mail at [email protected].

Brief description:

At ten, Nevine Turner thought foster care was the worst thing in the world, but she learned better when she was sent to the Grimoire House for Orphaned Girls. In The Secrets of Grimoire House, Nevine discovers that Grimoire Place is filled with cranky teachers, abandoned attics and four generations worth of anguished and tortured Grimoire family souls haunting their former home. Nevine is barely able to settle in before she is mysteriously whisked to the city of Prague in the year 1888. There she is saved from a murderous ghoul by Xanthae Halruaa, an eccentric physicist and ghost-hunter. From Xanthae, Nevine learns the trade of ghost-hunting. Together they work out the secrets of the haunting of Grimoire House, the Ghoul of Prague, and the mysterious connections between the two that force Nevine to flip between Grimoire House and Prague when she sleeps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.