Wanted
Horton Hears a Who
The Dark Knight
Rambo
Sex and the City
Narnia Sequel

TrainofThought
12-31-2007, 07:01 AM
I was really looking forward to Speed Racer, but I don’t like the cast other than Matthew Fox.

The Dark Knight looks good, although I don’t know why they didn’t recast Jack Nicholson. Heath looks too creepy. I'll see it anyways because some of it was filmed in Chicago.

childeroland
12-31-2007, 07:18 AM
Indy Jones IV and Bond 22 aren't on the list, but 'Sex and the City,' 'Rambo,' and 'Cloverfield' are? Alrighty.

Voyager
12-31-2007, 07:52 AM
But..but...but what about:

The Spiderwick Chronicles
http://imdb.com/title/tt0416236/trailers-me60900148

Although they've pushed it back (again) to 2009, all the Sci Fi buffs have to be anticipating James Cameron's Avatar Movie

M. Night Shamalan's The Happening, only to see if he tanks like Lady in the Water or pulls off another 6th Sense

Pacino and DeNiro are back together again, yummmm, in Righteous Kill

http://www.moviesbox.us/drama/righteous-kill-2008.html

The Waterhorse (Ben Chaplin, more yum)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0760329/trailers-screenplay-E33381-314

Horton Hears a Who

http://imdb.com/title/tt0451079/trailers-screenplay-1-10-2

jst5150
12-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Horton was on there. Indiana Jones was not, probably because the blogger got lazy and, since it doesn't have a YouTube effect yet, didn't include it.

Ironman is REALLY tempting. Cloverfield is not. Batman's trailer doesn't really offer a concrete story yet, but looks visually stunning. I'm not sure what to think of Speed racer, but the kid playing speed is the same kid who played in Into the Wild.

Off to buy my sixth copy Blade Runner ...

WriterGirl2007
12-31-2007, 09:05 AM
Interesting list...

I'm really excited about Cloverfield! Can't wait! :)

Iron Man looks interesting. I'm also looking forward to Indy. Batman... Eh. I can't get past not having Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Can anyone really surpass him?

I didn't realize M. Night was coming out with a new movie. Even though "Lady" wasn't so great, I usually love his movies, so I'm not ready to give up on him yet! :)

Voyager
12-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Interesting list...

I'm really excited about Cloverfield! Can't wait! :)

Iron Man looks interesting. I'm also looking forward to Indy. Batman... Eh. I can't get past not having Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Can anyone really surpass him?

I didn't realize M. Night was coming out with a new movie. Even though "Lady" wasn't so great, I usually love his movies, so I'm not ready to give up on him yet! :)

Me neither, I like his movies, and i really love saying, M. Night Shamalan :D

Shadow_Ferret
12-31-2007, 05:44 PM
OK, I'll go with Iron Man and the Dark Knight, but none of those others are on my must see list for 2008. In fact, I'd say I'm NOT looking forward to the hack job they plan on doing to my childhood memories of SpeedRacer. I have yet to see any cartoon from my childhood done justice and I wish they'd just stop.

jst5150
12-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Or, as we say around the house, M. Night Shamalamadingdong.

Aramis
12-31-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm most excited about "Prince Caspian." I grew up on the books and the old BBC movies, so I was beyond extatic when I heard about the remakes. The first one was awesome, and I hope they continue the trend.

III
12-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Dang it, the list was taken down from that original blog link. That's what I get to coming late to the party. I blame Dawno.

jst5150
12-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Lemme see if I can remember them all ...

Cloverfield
Ironman
Speed Racer
Wanted
Horton Hears a Who
The Dark Knight
Rambo
Sex and the City
Narnia Sequel

I'm short one.

robeiae
12-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Rocky VII?

III
12-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Lemme see if I can remember them all ...

Cloverfield
Ironman
Speed Racer
Wanted
Horton Hears a Who
The Dark Knight
Rambo
Sex and the City
Narnia Sequel

I'm short one.

I wanna see "I'm short one" starring a CGI version of Billy Barty.

maxmordon
12-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Nothing in that list excites me :(

ChaosTitan
12-31-2007, 08:50 PM

:ROFL: With V.O. narration by Warwick Davis, no doubt?

I'm looking forward to Iron Man and The Dark Knight.

Um...anything else good coming out next year? :Shrug:

jst5150
12-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Vern Troyer playing the Morgan Freeman role ...

childeroland
12-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Was Harry Potter 6 on that list? (Can't recall)

Shadow_Ferret
12-31-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm looking forward to Iron Man and The Dark Knight.

Um...anything else good coming out next year? :Shrug:
Hellboy 2!

ChaosTitan
12-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Oooh, thanks Shadow. I forgot about that one. :D

SuperSmashProse
12-31-2007, 11:55 PM
The link no longer exists. Also, THE DARK KNIGHT!!!

jst5150
01-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Robert Downey Jr looks FANTASTIC as Tony Stark in "Ironman," even from that bit of trailer I saw.

Spiny Norman
01-01-2008, 12:53 AM
The Dark Knight looks good, although I don’t know why they didn’t recast Jack Nicholson. Heath looks too creepy. I'll see it anyways because some of it was filmed in Chicago.

Man, are you serious? Jack Nicholson is 70 years old. He probably takes fifteen minutes just to get up out of a chair, unaided.

<--- Naturally, I am somewhat biased.

My top of the list is Cloverfield, but by tomorrow it will come out this month, which sort of takes the fun out of it.

Oooh, and Hellboy 2.

Speed Racer, however, makes me wonder if I have been dosed with some psychedelic. It looks like that really flashy game that's in the corner of the arcade that causes seizures whenever someone plays it. Even if they're not epileptic.

plaidearthworm
01-01-2008, 02:28 AM
Do I get spit-balled for saying Star Trek? Or is that coming out in 2009? I'll watch, just to see if it's a train wreck or a defining moment.

I'm impressed by what I've seen so far regarding Iron Man. Hellboy 2, definitely gotta see that. The rest, nah, not so much.

The_Grand_Duchess
01-01-2008, 03:13 AM
I will be watching the Speed Racer movie. It was like candy for my brain.

nonamesleft47
01-01-2008, 06:27 AM
What about Choke? Probably the only movie I'll sit through in 2008
I wouldn't even bother watching pirated copies of the rest of that junk. BAD LIST, BAD.

Bmwhtly
01-01-2008, 06:50 AM
One and one alone can pique my interest.

The new Neil Marshall Film! (http://imdb.com/title/tt0483607/)

And the new Bond. And maybe Rambo. And something else if it's on and I've got nothing better to do

kellysarah
01-04-2008, 01:43 AM
Cloverfield definitely. I LOVE JJ Abrams and think this film will be fab.

Dark Knight, and not only because Christian Bale is the hottest Batman ever.

I Am Legend, because I haven't seen it yet so it's a 2008 film for me!

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, because I'm a HP fan.

The Other Boleyn Girl and the next James Bond too.

III
01-04-2008, 02:03 AM
What about Choke? Probably the only movie I'll sit through in 2008
I wouldn't even bother watching pirated copies of the rest of that junk. BAD LIST, BAD.

Oh cool! I didn't know they were making a movie out of Choke (http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt1024715/). Sam Rockwell is a perfect choice for the lead. The director's a rookie, though so I wonder if he'll be able to handle Palahniuk's style.

Jcomp
01-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Cloverfield
Dark Knight
Indiana Jones
the next James Bond joint
The Signal
Midnight Meat Train
The Happening (Shyamalan's been in a severe slump, but this is his first R-rated horror/thriller, so I'm powerfully curious)
Blindness
Where the Wild Things Are

maestrowork
01-04-2008, 04:14 AM
Indy 4, Batman, Cloverfield, Narnia, etc. are definitely on the list. Not sure about Speed Racer, though... human cartoons are never quite my thang.

Pike
01-04-2008, 04:34 AM
Yep, totally bouncin' over the Dark Knight, Iron Man (The trailor still gives me goosebumps - just couldn't be done w/o Black Sabbath playing in the background), Cloverfield looks wild and Speed Racer has me down with little fanboy chills.

After that, I'm up in the air with some of the other morsels.

Oops - forgot Hellboy II. Trailor looks awesome! Who doesn't like Ron Perlman's drool, sarcastic attitude. He is such a bad ass!

Pike

childeroland
01-04-2008, 05:52 AM
Is Watchmen coming out this year?

Spiny Norman
01-04-2008, 06:02 AM
IMDB says 2009.

Pike
01-04-2008, 07:44 AM
2009?! Arrgh-sputter-kick-whine-piss-moan (you get the picture)

Pike

WriterGirl2007
01-09-2008, 03:20 AM

That is definitely the COOLEST name ever. :)

WriterGirl2007
01-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Do I get spit-balled for saying Star Trek? Or is that coming out in 2009?

Not from me. I'm a longtime Star Trek fan. I'm really looking forward to it, too. :)

childeroland
01-09-2008, 03:54 AM
I believe Star Trek comes out this December.

Not from me. I'm a longtime Star Trek fan. I'm really looking forward to it, too. :)

hubbabubbs
01-09-2008, 10:54 AM
How can you not look forward to more Will Farrell? Semi-Pro opens Feb 29, 2008.

And moved to June is Wanted with James McAvoy, Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman and "a manic, mad, weird, brilliant, genius director called Timur Bekmambetov who's a very strange guy."

blacbird
01-09-2008, 11:31 AM
I've been thinking real hard about when I last anticipated the release of a movie. And damn if I can remember. Might have been Star Trek, the original movie.

caw

Voyager
01-09-2008, 12:27 PM
How could I ever, ever, ever, ever forget, ever. I'm so ashamed I've decorated myself as a gesture of atonement. Solomon Kane! And not just Solomon Kane, but James Purefoy as Solomon Kane. Does life get any better?

http://www.moviecentre.net/upcomingmovies/preview/movie_id_2750.htm

chartreuse
01-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Do I get spit-balled for saying Star Trek? Or is that coming out in 2009? I'll watch, just to see if it's a train wreck or a defining moment.

Don't know, but I'm looking forward to it too.

Also the film adaptions of The Road and Stephenie Meyer's Twilight. But I think those might be slated for 2009 (at the earliest) as well.

Writer2011
01-12-2008, 09:33 AM
I can't, for the life of me figure out why Indiana Jones isn't on the list...to me it's probably the most anticipated film in a very long time...Here you have Harrison Ford who you never thought would EVER do another Indy film..Well he is :) And I for one can't wait.

The Dark Knight OMG...I cannot wait for this one. Reason why Heath Ledger looks so creepy is that's the way the Joker is in the comic books. The Tim Burton affair was more like the television show where The Joker was "funny."

Iron Man, Cloverfield, Prince Caspian all come to mind...can't wait for those :)

cethklein
01-12-2008, 05:50 PM
I can't come up with ten because most everything looks to be sequels and remakes. But a few I'm interested in are:

Dragonlance - This is my most anticipated. The voice actor cast is stellar and I have high hopes for it. Come on, Keifer Sutherland as Raisltlin, you know you want to see how that's going to turn out.

Iron Man - Never read th comics but it looks good.

Indiana Jones 4 - Given Lucas' "other" new movies based on old series, I am VERY worried about this one but I'll give it a shot.

Dark Knight - Looks promising. I guess *I need to see Batman Begins. I'm told it's good. I avoided it for fear it would be like the Batman film that came before it *cringes*.

childeroland
01-13-2008, 01:48 AM
Batman Begins is nothing like those awful Schumacher films.

When the heck is Dragonlance finally coming out?

Spielberg is directing Indy IV, so that should turn out all right *thanks God*

I can't come up with ten because most everything looks to be sequels and remakes. But a few I'm interested in are:

Dragonlance - This is my most anticipated. The voice actor cast is stellar and I have high hopes for it. Come on, Keifer Sutherland as Raisltlin, you know you want to see how that's going to turn out.

Iron Man - Never read th comics but it looks good.

Indiana Jones 4 - Given Lucas' "other" new movies based on old series, I am VERY worried about this one but I'll give it a shot.

Dark Knight - Looks promising. I guess *I need to see Batman Begins. I'm told it's good. I avoided it for fear it would be like the Batman film that came before it *cringes*.

cethklein
01-13-2008, 02:42 AM
Not sure on Dragonlance, all I've read is "in 2008". I'm trying not ot get my hopes up but at the same time I want to believe the film will be good. I've been a Dragonlance fan since 1990.

DarkKnightJRK
01-13-2008, 04:07 AM
Cloverfield
Iron Man
Speed Racer
The Dark Knight
Bond 22
Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Joe270
01-13-2008, 12:26 PM

I won't even spend a buck to rent a Wil F. movie at the cheap kiosks.

Dark Knight. Waiting. When the heck does it come out? Any gossip on plot, etc?

childeroland
01-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Dark Knight comes out July, 18th, I think. Comics2film has or had a link to a site claiming to have pretty much the whole plot.

I won't even spend a buck to rent a Wil F. movie at the cheap kiosks.

Dark Knight. Waiting. When the heck does it come out? Any gossip on plot, etc?

eyeblink
01-14-2008, 11:47 PM
No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood, both opening in the UK in the next few weeks.

Shadow_Ferret
01-14-2008, 11:50 PM
During the pilot of "Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles" there was a long ad for 10,000 BC which looked very interesting.

Plot Device
01-14-2008, 11:53 PM
I bringeth lists tonight ... :)

ETA: The link got zapped. However, here's the list minus one:

Cloverfield
Ironman
Speed Racer
Wanted
Horton Hears a Who
The Dark Knight
Rambo
Sex and the City
Narnia Sequel

Cloverfield
Narnia
Dark Night

easy_breezy
01-28-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't have a lot of movies I'm looking forward to, but here's my list:

Spiderwick Chronicles
Prince Caspian
Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince

And I was looking forward to Inkheart, but I keep hearing they're pushing it to January of '09. Yuck. I find it funny too that all the movies I want to see are based on books, lol. ;o)

plaidearthworm
02-02-2008, 06:57 AM
OK, add Jumper to my list. Just saw the commercial, and it looks intriguing.

Dave.C.Robinson
02-10-2008, 04:20 AM
Dark Knight
Iron Man
Narnia
Watchmen and Star Trek if they come out this year.

Atlantis
02-11-2008, 07:25 AM
The movies I'm most looking forward to this year are:

The Dark Knight
Harry Potter 6
Narina 2
Indiana Jones 4
Sex and the City

I've already seen Cloverfield. It was awesome! one of the best movies I've ever seen!

ChunkyC
02-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Quite easily, with regards to that movie. :D

I'm looking forward to:

Iron Man
Leatherheads
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Get Smart
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
The Dark Knight (Batman)
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Quantum of Solace (Bond)
Star Trek XI

Celia Cyanide
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
The Dark Knight looks good, although I donít know why they didnít recast Jack Nicholson. Heath looks too creepy.

Uh...too CREEPY??? He's the Joker. He's one sick eff. There is nothing funny about him.

And this film takes place when the Joker first appeared. He's a young man. Jack is too old.

Shadow_Ferret
02-11-2008, 10:50 PM
How can you not look forward to more Will Farrell?
Please. I just had lunch.

Uh...too CREEPY??? He's the Joker. He's one sick eff. There is nothing funny about him.

I don't recall the original Joker being like that.

ChunkyC
02-11-2008, 11:10 PM
In the original Batman TV series, the Joker was an amoral clown. In the Dark Knight style that the Batman comics evolved into and these new movies are emulating, The Joker was a psychopath of mythic proportions. Yet the common thread has always been there: he's a man without any whiff of conscience whatsoever which is always creepy. I think this movie is going to be wicked.