Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To all my AW friends:

This is much harder than I thought it was going to be. But as the old adage goes, don't beat around the bush. So....

I am resigning as an AW employee, and stepping down as an admin and mod here on the forums, effective as of the end of the year. Yes, that's in a couple of days.

The reason is purely one of time: I have none. Actually, most days it feels like I'm running a deficit. Many of you know I work long hours at my day job. Couple that with the obligations that go along with working for AW and being an admin here, and I end up with virtually no time left over for anything else, like my wife ... or writing.

Since learning about the business of writing and honing my skills is why I came to the Water Cooler in the first place, I really have no choice but to cut back somewhere if I want to recharge my writerly batteries. I am going to remain a 'citizen', though; you'd have to drag me out of here kicking and screaming. But I need to divest myself of the obligations I have to AW so that I can come and go with no strings attached. If I need to stay away for a while to get some writing done, I can do so without guilt.

My time as a mod and then an admin has been one of the best experiences of my life, I'll never regret it. Being one of the people who look after this place is an enormous source of pride and has contributed in no small way to my identity as a writer, but it's time to move to a new phase. So this is not goodbye, it's just a change. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, I'll be able to drop by the announcements forum and tell you I've followed in the footsteps of so many of our fellow members and found an agent, or even better, a home for at least one of my novels.

Wish me luck! See you around the boards. :)

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
ChunkyC you'll be missed, but I completely understand. When the forum starts becoming more like work than fun, its time to step back. Be well in all that you do.
You're one of the good ones.

Tina

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
Nope, you won't be missed. Because you're NOT leaving. Only changing your mod status. That's cool. Can't, and don't want to, argue with that.

Good luck on that novel! Join us in The Weekend Progress Report (Humor forum) if you need a push.

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
I'll miss you, CC. You've done a lot of terrific things here at AW. I wish you the best on accomplishing your goals. Here's wishing you success in completing, submitting, and publishing those novels.

((HUGS)) Don't be a stranger on the forums. Visit when you find a little time.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
This is a good example of the great things the mods do for this forum. I imagine it's a time consuming and sometimes thankless job. I thank you for being here, Chunky, as well as all the other mods. I can't fathom how hard it is to juggle work, family, writing and helping to run such a great forum. I'll just stick to work, family and writing!

See you around the threads, dude.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm glad you'll still be here. I wish you much success with time management and loads of inspiration for your heart's work.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes for your writing endeavors, CC. I understand the need to prioritize in order to fulfill those goals you hold most dear.

Go for it and good luck.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all you've done here, you're definitely one of the Good Guys.
You deserve to do well, I wish you the best.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I started reading your post, Charlie, I said, "Oh no!" That's because we all think you're a great guy who's done a great job here and we don't want to lose you. How can we be Charlie-less?

But then I read the rest of your post and realized that you need to do what is best for you and your family.

So good luck to you, Charlie, and thank you for all you've done for AW. :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Chunky, much good luck with your writing, etc. and know you won't be far away from AW. Once an AW'er is addicted, that's it. I know.:) Many thanks for your great work.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
You've been such a blessing to all of us Charlie. Thanks for your service and your loving heart. Now go write the next great Canadian novel and enjoy your wife's company.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:)...Best wishes to your new 'time' and thank you for allllllll the work you have done with this place. We all will be looking forward to your updated news and wish you much success. :D

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, man. It's sad to see you go, but do what you must. Good luck Chunky!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck with the writing, Charlie. You're a super person and very talented, both technical and as a writer. I look forward to seeing you around the forums now that you have a little freetime available.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
You've been THE MAN around here for as long as I can remember, CC, and I'm sorry to see you step back from that role.

However, it's what you need, and we can hardly fault you for that. So best of luck seeing your spouse and getting some writing done! :tongue

You're one of the sweetest guys I know. I mean, you brought us buttons to Archon for cryin' out loud! I'm still touch by that, and it's in my keepsake box.

Tori

Status
Not open for further replies.