New Year resolutions

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Anyone making any? Apart from it obviously being a new year and fresh start, it's always struck me as an odd time to make a massive change to your life. My brother has said he's quitting smoking (for about the tenth time) on New Year's Day. I'm thinking it's not a great time to do something that's likely to make you stressed - it's cold, miserable; everybody's skint and it's the big comedown after the silly season. Why do something to make all that worse?

I think we should all take up a new vice and then give it up in the middle of summer. :D

Reaction score
I'm making a list of goals for 2008. Nothing too stressful, just things that stretch and challenge me. I want to step out of my comfort zone in 2008. I think goals are more realistic, rather than a whole bunch of things I want to stop doing.

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
I actually started my New Year's Resolution three weeks ago: I joined a gym and got a personal trainer to keep me honest. I'm sore right now (we worked my lower back yesterday), but in a good way. Or is that kind of like it's only a 'dry' heat in Arizona?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Other than finding somewhere new to live, I haven't really made any big plans. Maybe I should start smoking today and then quit on Tuesday.

Reaction score
I'm going to find somewhere new to live, too.

There's nothing wrong with this flat...well, except for the fact it's in Dundee. But I don't need two bedrooms, and I'd really, really like to move to the North of England. It's beautiful there. So it's something to look into, definitely.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
AApart from it obviously being a new year and fresh start, it's always struck me as an odd time to make a massive change to your life.
Guess I don't understand your position. There are two perfect times to make massive changes, either at the beginning of the new year or at your birthday which is the beginning of your own personal new year.

Me, I think I'll try to exercise more. Now that Wii have the Wii, I think Wii have something interesting to keep me motivated.

I think I'll also try portion control while eating.

And maybe cut out salty snack foods, which I'm addicted to. Unfortunately, I can't think of any replacement snacks that have the taste and satisfying wonderfulness of a good shoestring potato.

Reaction score
I'm making a list of goals for 2008. Nothing too stressful, just things that stretch and challenge me. I want to step out of my comfort zone in 2008.

Visit NYC in 2008!!

Stretch across the Atlantic and have a non-stressful, yet challenging vacation in NYC.
:)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are two perfect times to make massive changes, either at the beginning of the new year or at your birthday which is the beginning of your own personal new year.

New years day: January 1st
My birth day: January 2nd

I plan on keeping my head down for both, thanks.

May the humbug continue.
Christina

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Not a resolution as such, but maybe the last year I live in New Zealand. Some serious dicussions going on in our household of late.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Not a resolution as such, but maybe the last year I live in New Zealand. Some serious dicussions going on in our household of late.
You are welcome to come stay with me in Texas. I'm planning on upgrading my living arrangements and going to stay at the YMCA. Oh, and please don't start singing.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
You are welcome to come stay with me in Texas. I'm planning on upgrading my living arrangements and going to stay at the YMCA. Oh, and please don't start singing.

Hmm, wrong State Spooks. We'll meet halfway, which puts us on a park bench somewhere in maybe Utah.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to make an effort to read more of the poetry forums. And maybe...post some. :eek:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think we should make resolutions for other people.

For instance, in 2008, Thunderboy's resolution should be to be nice to Rhymegirl every single day.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i resolve... i resolve to... i resolve to, uh... i resolve to, uh, get my, er... i resolve to, uh, get my, er, off-line work done.

i will stop checking my e-mail at 3:00 in the morning... 4:30 is much more practical.

when i hear a funny joke i will not reply, "lol... lol!"

i will stop sending e-mail, icq, instant messages and be on the phone at the same time with the same person.

i will try to figure out why i *really* need 9 e-mail addresses.

i resolve to work with neglected children... my own.

i will answer my snail mail with the same enthusiasm i answer e-mail.

when i subscribe to a newsgroup or mailing list, i will read all the mail i get from it.

i will stop using, "so, what's your url?" as a pickup line.

no more downloads from alt.binaries.*

i resolve to back up my new 400 gb hard drive daily... well, once a week... monthly, perhaps...

i will spend less than five hour a day on the internet.

i will limit my top ten lists to ten items.

i will read the manual... just as soon as i can find it.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I think we should make resolutions for other people.

For instance, in 2008, Thunderboy's resolution should be to be nice to Rhymegirl every single day.

You're scheduled to go on ignore as of 12:01 a.m. tomorrow. Same thing?