Western Writers Association Spur Awards

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I copied a bit of the information on the Western Writers Association Spur Awards below. For the Spur Awards, submissions must have been published elsewhere in the contest year. There are many, many categories for Spur awards - even Western song. This means - everyone interested in westerns needs to get busy and get some submissions off. Westerns are only dead if we let them be. Ye-haw!

Entries are now being accepted for the 2008 (after 12/31 - 2009) Western Writers of America Spur Awards competition.
To be eligible, works submitted must be set in the American
West, the early frontier, or relate to the Western or frontier
experience. Non-members, as well as members, of the WWA,
Inc., are encouraged to enter. Works submitted for this
competition must have been first published or aired during the
2007 (2008) calendar year. Authors may submit multiple works in any category; each submission must be a separate entry. Individual works may be submitted in only one category with the exception of Best First Novel. Works published in The Roundup magazine are not eligible for the Spur Award competition.

Western Writers of America, Roundup Magazine, 1012 Fair Street, Franklin, TN 37064-2718, www.westernwriters.org

So far I haven't been able to find submission requirements for items for Roundup Magazine (not eligible for Spur Awards) - anyone have those? Puma

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
I've never seen anything about submission requirements for Roundup, which is annoying. But I've also heard from a member (one of the old-timers who's been published a great deal) that the WWA is moving toward a more historical organization with much less emphasis on the fiction side of the house. Maybe we should just contact them and ask for the submission requirements.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I just sent an e-mail asking for submission requirements to their president, Paul Andrew Hutton at the Univeristy of New Mexico. I can't find submission requirements anywhere on the net. Puma