Was it something we said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that some people seem to be missing? Either they never registered here from the old board or they started out posting on the new board but they have suddenly disappeared.

So, therefore I pose the question: Was it something we said? :Huh:

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Wurd is still posting quite a bit on Writers Net. Could be she just found juggling two boards took too much away from her writing time. I visit a couple of others occasionally, but don't get too involved. This one eats up enough of my day.

And it's hands-down the best. ;)

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Some took new names when they registered here. Maybe not all who did so announced it.

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
I am here... isn't that enough....
:cry:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it's nice that you are here, Biotales. Don't cry. Here, have some coffee on me. :Coffee:

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, has anyone seen Lastr [Carol] since we got over here?

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
rhymegirl said:
Yes, it's nice that you are here, Biotales. Don't cry. Here, have some coffee on me. :Coffee:

Thanks for the coffee.... especially the Irish touch you added to it....:Cheers:
and Bety:"Yeah, has anyone seen Lastr [Carol] since we got over here?"
I am afraid I have to say... Nope

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
It's possible some people don't want to go through the process of registering again, because it's with a new forum hosting thingy or some other reason. I don't think it would be because of anything anyone said. Still, they're sure missing out on a lot.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was actually kidding about the "was it something we said."

I just wondered why some people I'm used to chatting with have disappeared. Someone answered about one person-- Wurdwise, whose name is Denise, I think? She participated in the limericks with me and the three-word posts. I noticed she was no longer posting.

There was a person named Neddy who changed his username to Cacker, I think. He only posted a small number of times, then stopped.

And Lori? Did she ever even register here?

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Lori is Birol. She's not only here, but she's been promoted to Super Mod status.

Now I'm allatime having to lift the hem of her garment whenever she has to step over a puddle at the Cooler.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Wurdwise has told us (through a friend of hers) that she no longer finds time to frequent this board.

There are others who changed their usernames when they registered on here again.

There are some who seem to have never registered. For some reasons...

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, everybody for your responses.

I guess everyone has to do what's best for them. I'm glad to hear Lori is still here and got a promotion. :)

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
No! They must not do what is best for them. They must come here, dammit! :box:

Or not.

I'm still worried about Carol (lastr). Wrote to her, never heard back. Someone said she'd been having real life problems... anyone know how to contact her?

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
reph said:
Some took new names when they registered here. Maybe not all who did so announced it.

I didn't announce it but on the other board there were way too many Stephanies. I figured moving here I should opt for something else. However, I've had this screenname in various forms for a decade so it works just as well.

JanaLanier

Snarling Cur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janalanier.blogspot.com
Yeshanu and HapiSofi were very active on the old board. They've registered but haven't posted much here...??

I miss their input. They were both very valuable contributors.

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
JennaGlatzer said:
I'm still worried about Carol (lastr). Wrote to her, never heard back. Someone said she'd been having real life problems... anyone know how to contact her?

Jenna, I never heard back from Carol either. Unfortunately the only way I had of contacting her was through the old boards. Hope she's okay. Her sister-in-law had some health emergencies round about the time my brother was so sick. Carol responded so sweetly when I posted in the Animal board about my brother's cat.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Rhymegirl said:
And Lori? Did she ever even register here?

Ah, I just stumbled across this thread, too. Been stumbling over threads all night tonight. I just changed my nick because I was embarrassed by the number of posts google brought up when I input my name. Made me feel ashamed about all the time I waste here. So, rather than spend less time, I changed my nick.

Birol is just Lori B. backwards. Nothing fancy or secretive. I understand it is also a given name in Turkey. Don't know whether it is masculine or feminine. Probably should try to find that out one of these days.

aka eraser said:
Now I'm allatime having to lift the hem of her garment whenever she has to step over a puddle at the Cooler.

That must be why I keep stumbling over so many threads. You're stepping on the hem of my slightly too long sweats, aren't you? And here I just thought my toes were getting tangled in the cuffs like normal. ;)

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
I too just stumbled across this thread, Awwh, rhymegirl, you missed me! That makes me feel so good!:D I have given up all boards except AW, which I spend waaayy too much time in! and my small writing group in Yahoo. I feel so at home, and I don't know how in the world I ended up with FIVE blobs. They multiplied like rabbits! I love Absolute Write, home sweet home.:Hug2:

Optimus

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone no longer posting here was obviously frightened away by my intimidating masculinity and overpowering intellect.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Uh huh.

(Ladies, in real life I don't have much daily contact with the male gender, so I don't know, are these delusions of grandeur normal or should I be worried about Frank and Opti?)

Status
Not open for further replies.