:(-rejected. :)- next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanna

Registered
Reaction score
I have to admit, I've recently gotten several rejections. You know what I've found out? They're my best motivator. Seriously. The best cure I have discovered for a rejection is to send out another submission. Then. That day. It means I accomplished something, and ended the day on a good note. Of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind an acceptance now and again...lol

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
That is definitely a good strategy, alanna. :) My friend once said anytime something bad happens in her day, she does something good to turn it around with. More people might want to try this.

Vomaxx

Registered
Reaction score
Website
andiriel.blogspot.com
Today I received two negatives from agents on my query, one negative from a publisher, and one rejection of a partial.

Extraordinary how these folks have trouble recognizing great writing, isn't it?

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent attitude, Allana. You'll get there in the end.

Bad luck Vomaxx, keep trying.

Good luck, both.

Cheers,
aq

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Persistence is absolutely key when it comes to success in the publishing world. Well, persistence, improving your craft, and developing a nice thick dermatological layer to absorb all the rejections...

Wandering Sensei

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. Whenever I receive a rejection I get deeply depressed for at least a good five minutes.

Then I put it down somewhere, forget where I left it, and move on.

It's like karate. If your first attempt at a kick, or a kata, isn't perfect, you just go back and do it again. And again. And again. Eventually, after about 10,000 kicks, it starts looking like it's supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.