Is there just one?

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I met a man at the beach this past summer. We had wonderful conversations, and I felt a strong connection with him and sparks. We talked about everything, and on different occassions. I know so much about him, and he about me except we never told each other our last names or phone numbers. We were suppose to meet again at the beach the next weekend. However fate had another plan. The beach was closed due to bacteria in the water, and never opened again for the rest of the season.

He lives about 30 miles away from me. However I don't know his last name or exactly where he lives. I went to the library in the town, because I know he goes there and asked the librarian if she knew him. They have rules and she couldn't do that, nor would she give him a card I had for him.

I don't go falling men for at the drop of a hat. There are very few men that catch my attention. I feel like he is my soulmate and I want to find him. Just to find out. Any suggestions? BTW I tried Craigs list... and nothing panned out. I don't think he is on line at least he wasn't in August.

thanks

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Happy Holidays, Joyce!

I don’t have much to contribute although I wish you luck in your search. Maybe think about other things you discussed and pursue them. :Shrug: Good Luck and hope you find him in the New Year.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks TOT

I am not searching for him "everyday", and I do have a lot of activities to keep me busy. It isn't about being lonely or bored. I have a lot on my plate. I just can't seem to get him off my mind. I also know that if it was meant to be, it will happen.

Happy New Year
Joyce

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Personals Ad with an attention-getting boldfaced line that includes the word BEACH.

Notes on public bulletin boards--the literal kind, not the cyber kind--at places in his town where anybody might go--the laundromat, grocery store, library, etc.--again featuring the word 'beach.'

Thirty miles isn't so much. Do your basic library-ing at his library. Research what interests you there. Find something new to read. Read there rather than at home, on occasion.

Like you say, if it's meant to happen, it will--if you put yourself out there enough that he can find you. And don't forget to glance at bulletin boards, Craig's list, etc. in your town--maybe he's looking for you.

Maryn, romantic at heart

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Well I did get a response from someone on Craigs list... they know him. However he went back to California. Guess NH was tooo cold for him. Did find out his last name though...

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Well you see we both met, when we were separated. I was told he went reconciled with his wife. So no I didn't get an address... nor do I feel I have the right to ask for one. I am disappointed. I told him he would end up going back.... but he said no. Men! I just came back from California tooo... wish I knew that when I was there... :)

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
take it, write it, make your own ending. Not much help, but it may help in closure.

talps

It's all happening...
Registered
Reaction score
Awww... Truly sorry to hear that, Joyce. I do, however, applaud the romantic spirit and initiative that put you on the path!

And lastly, though I'm confident you're not so sold on final thoughts from an ex-New Hampshire guy now living in California (*hides*), I have to agree with Bravo.

No. There is not just one. It's just one at a time 'til you find the keeper.

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, sorry to hear that, Joyce.

But you must admit, the whole situation strikes me as terribly romantic (maybe with the exception of the bacteria thing).

But I suppose there are more fish in the sea, so don't let it weigh too heavily on you!

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Finding a congenial acquaintance when you're looking for a connection happens all the time. Keep looking and keep busy, good luck.