I'm publishing my novel over the Internet

arainsb123

Learning!
Registered
Reaction score
After over a hundred hours of research into the industry over the past several years, I know that this is quixotic at best, and will probably result in a bunch of unread text floating around the Net. I'm trying all the same, exploiting some unconventional tactics along the way (like revealing my identity as a popular fanfiction.net writer and linking to my original fiction from ff.net).

A Hungry Hades has gotten four personal rejections based on partial or full manuscripts, which shows it to be of commercial or near-commercial quality. However, at this point, there are no more places to send it.

I’m writing new material again after nine months of being aridly blocked, and will be going the agent-querying route with it. But I believe that A Hungry Hades deserves to be read, and I want to start amassing an online following now, to increase the chances of my first commercially-published book being successful.

So, wish me luck, and offer me any advice on finding readers which you might be able to dredge up. (And, if you must, inform me of the abysmal odds I face in trying to attract notice for an e-published novel ^_^)

BlackViolet13

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if freehostia is down. None of their sites pulled up for me.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
It works for me. I went straight through the first two clicks/pages - I didn't like the looks of those, but the second click got me to the "real" website, which at first glance looks quite nice. Hmm, a free .pdf file and a Lulu link, looks like all the bases are covered.
I dl'ed it an am reading - it's the first 2008 copyright I've seen and it's another five minutes until the new year!