PDA

View Full Version : Speed Racer

III
12-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Here he comes! Here comes Speed Racer! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO2jcwgIi8o) He's a demon on wheels! And it's by the Wachowski brothers. He he he! I don't care what kind of reviews it gets - I'M SEEING THIS ONE!

Tiger
12-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Do you think Trixie will get a nude scene?

Shadow_Ferret
12-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Oh, crap. Why do they have to live-action the shit out of my childhood! :rant:

Calla Lily
12-25-2007, 07:57 AM
It'll never beat the Dexter's Laboratory parody.

One can only pray, fervently, that it won't suck 1/100th as bad as the Thunderbirds live action movie.

I like the original Speed Racer cartoons. I worry about this movie...

Pike
12-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Two childhood favorites of mine were Marine Boy and Speed Racer. I loved them somethin' fierce. I saw the trailer for SR and my damned jaw dropped! It's like nothing I've ever seen and yet looked exactly like what Speed should. John Goodman as Pops, the anticts of Spridal and Chim Chim, the Mach 5 was brilliant, and let us not forget the mysterious Racer X! I'm lovin' it!!!

Pike

Opty
12-25-2007, 10:05 AM
I'll probably see it, but from the trailer it looks like it might be heavy on the style and light on the substance.

Which is the Wachowski's trademark ever since the first Matrix.

maxmordon
12-25-2007, 10:25 AM
http://weblogs.variety.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/27/speedracer.jpg

Don't worry Speed Racer, your loyal fans won't let your image to fade away!

Pike
12-25-2007, 12:18 PM
I'll probably see it, but from the trailer it looks like it might be heavy on the style and light on the substance.

Which is the Wachowski's trademark ever since the first Matrix.

And pretty much encapcilates Speed Racer. They weren't clever cartoons, just fun. He entered a new race every episode. He was clueless as to the identity of Racer X. He never learned how to lock his trunk so Spridal and Chim Chim stayed the hell out. But they were fun!

Pike

Unique
12-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh, crap. Why do they have to live-action the shit out of my childhood! :rant:

oh. it doesn't look like the Speed Racer I remember either. Was he that tall and skinny?

but upon reflection, i could have really gone for a 'Cars' type cartoon of Speed Racer. sigh.

III
12-26-2007, 07:38 AM
And pretty much encapcilates Speed Racer. They weren't clever cartoons, just fun. He entered a new race every episode. He was clueless as to the identity of Racer X. He never learned how to lock his trunk so Spridal and Chim Chim stayed the hell out. But they were fun!

Pike

:roll: