PDA

View Full Version : I'd rather be writing my OWN book...

Little Jane
12-21-2007, 06:23 AM
Than writing stupid educational analysis stuff for my teaching course. And now I'm so tired and uninspired that I can barely string a coherent sentence together. How embarassing.
What are you stuck doing instead of writing what you really want to?

Danger Jane
12-21-2007, 06:25 AM
COLLEGE ESSAYS.

Moon Daughter
12-21-2007, 06:35 AM
I'm stuck posting here on AW (not that it's a bad thing!) because I am not sure what to write for my manuscript, which is stuck at 63K. I swear, I feel like I'm having a harder time writing because I'm almost done with the ms.

DaddyCat
12-21-2007, 02:55 PM
To pay the bills, I write grant proposals for non-profits. I enjoy writing most kinds, but there's a certain type known as the 'case statement' that involve statistics, demographics and other weapons of mind destruction. Once I wrap up a few other things, that's all I'll have left to work on over the holiday week.

Harper K
12-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Writing blueprints for language proficiency tests.

Particularly on say, the last Friday before Christmas, when everybody else at the office has already mentally and/or physically checked out.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here typing at crazy-ass NaNoWriMo-style speeds to get this thing done before I leave this evening. And wishing I was able to devote this much time and energy to my novel today.

Aramis
12-21-2007, 08:54 PM
COLLEGE ESSAYS.
Me too, normally. Except... IT'S CHRISTMAS BREAK!!! Yea! :snoopy:

MMWyrm
12-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Web content articles. Boring as dried pancake batter.

Chasing the Horizon
12-22-2007, 04:39 AM
E-bay listings.