PDA

View Full Version : Awe-Struck Publishing

tfdswift
07-23-2004, 03:12 AM
Okay so I am new to this forum and new to the publishing game. I had a hard lesson learned with Janet Kay and Associates and now I do research... Hopefully successful research.

I have a publisher interested in my book -- Awe-Struck E-Book. I have looked on Preditors and Editors and they just say to read the contract carefully. I have not been offered a contract yet but I was wondering if anybody here has dealt with them before.

I can not take another lesson like Janet Kay...

Please, Any guidance and/or help anybody can give me.... I am a willing learner.

Thanks.

CaoPaux
07-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Anyone have any comments on what to look (out) for on ebook contracts?

http://www.awe-struck.net/index.html

veinglory
07-15-2005, 10:17 PM
This is from piers Anthony's epublisher site

------------------------

Their contract is for only electronic rights, as it should be. But like other popular publishers, their submissions are closed for now. Two year renewable contract. 35-40% royalties. Can be terminated with 90 notice by either party. No audit clause? They offer instant downloading to book buyers. Submissions are closed; they are booked through 2005.

February 2005 update: now they are open for erotica submissions only: sensual, sizzling, graphic sexual scenes, but no bondage or sado/masochism. Oh, I'll bet they have more limits than that. Royalties are a scant 30% of the gross. Still no audit clause.

--------------------------

Here is my take on it. 30-40% of cover price is pretty standard for an epublisher as is the 2 years length. I don't know what an audit clause is--perhaps someone here knows?

Bushdoctor
11-16-2009, 04:13 PM
any new info on these guys?

M.R.J. Le Blanc
11-17-2009, 01:08 AM
They're an imprint of Mundania Press (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542), and if one were to judge from that thread I don't think that's a good thing.

CaoPaux
11-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Has been closed to submissions since Fall '10, and hasn't published anything since '11.