walking the plank

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
For the first time ever, at the late age of fifty, I am about to drop my non-fic history book proposal into the mail. I would never have gotten this far without having accidentally found AW and learned so many things I would not have known otherwise, including the types of rejective slings and arrows I now know to be ready for. This place has been invaluable as I roll the last of my life dice on the work I've always wanted to do. The willingness of everyone here to share their experiences and expertise is amazing.

I'll probably just soak a towel in 100-proof booze and bite down for the next several months of queries/proposals but it doesn't matter. This place has helped me be brave enough to finally get it done and just TRY.

Happy New Year to all.

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
You're my new hero! Congratulations!

(On submitting your MS, not being my hero, which really isn't much to be proud of).

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Please share your courage recipe. I'm sitting on a novel that I think is ready, too scared to send queries. I'm glad to know you got what you needed here.

Maryn, older and therefore riper (Pee-yew, what's that smell?)

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
:e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Best of luck to ya, Nerdo. I really hope it works out well for you and it's great that you've got the courage to follow through with your dreams. Keep us updated.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
:D

Thanks, all. So grateful for this place. I'll be back after the holidays, assuming I don't pass out permanently from my 100-proof towel. ;)

:D

Writer???

Because EYE said so!
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, just saw this thread. CONGRATS! My hats off to you for the accomplishment, and my best wishes for a fast, painless, acceptance. Way to go!