Graduate school.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm head back to school this spring. I just got my letter from the University of Texas for admission.

We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you on our campus in the spring.

I can't wait to be back on campus again.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
That's very cool (and I'm glad you are back!). What kind of degree are you pursuing?

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Great job, Spooky. UT is hard to get into, you must've wowed them.

I'm from Austin, originally. Most of my family is still there. When I go visit, maybe we can meet in the student union for a beer.

I'll point out the place where Louis Farrakhan and I had the debate. I'm sure there's a historical plaque there by now.

Maybe we can talk Haskins into showing up.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Great job, Spooky. UT is hard to get into, you must've wowed them.

I'm from Austin, originally. Most of my family is still there. When I go visit, maybe we can meet in the student union for a beer.

I'll point out the place where Louis Farrakhan and I had the debate. I'm sure there's a historical plaque there by now.

Maybe we can talk Haskins into showing up.
I'll be on the Dallas campus. I'm only taking one or two classes to start. I need to meet with my academic advisor to go over my core requirements. Come to Dallas and I'll treat you to a good time. You can meet up with a writing group here that I'm joining.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Don't tell us...you ended up getting an offer to become a mod?
LOL! No, the thread was supposed to be about buying some new stretchy pants. You know, "Good buy" but I misspelled the thread and didn't do a good job of deleting the message. Sorry, I had a cocktail or ten that night. :D

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Wohooo, well done. :D :partyguy:

I'm happy for you. :)

I'm still in search, and slightly moving on from the original area of job hunting.
That is what I did. In the last week I have applied for 30+ jobs, i've lost track it was so many but I ended up getting a job in a field I didn't really want to go back into. Business management. It's what I know best and I can do some of my work from home AND I have been assured that when he sees I am really who I say, I get an immediate raise.

Piece of cake.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be on the Dallas campus. I'm only taking one or two classes to start. I need to meet with my academic advisor to go over my core requirements. Come to Dallas and I'll treat you to a good time. You can meet up with a writing group here that I'm joining.

Hey, Spooky, welcome back! UTD is where I got my master's. Congrats on the college plans; hope all goes well for you.

ETA: What writer's group? (Are you living in Dallas or in Richardson?)

Last edited:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Congrats, Jon! I loved grad school, but I wouldn't go back again. I'm done with school. Good luck to you and don't feel too old! ;)