PDA

View Full Version : Dexter

NikeeGoddess
12-18-2007, 05:23 AM
okay, i haven't seen a Dexter thread. who's a fan of this freakishly intense show? at the moment there's no other show that can top this stuff. who's lovin' it?

zahra
12-22-2007, 02:23 AM
I rather like it. I want to like it more, but for some reason, it doesn't UTTERLY grab me. Which is odd, cos I do tend to love me some dark.

I think I'm generally sick of serial killers and their let's-bait-the-detective-and-make-this-personal antics, as a dramatic premise, but the Dexter character is compelling. I missed a couple, then got in at the episode where he finds out - (oops, nearly spoiled) - about his Dad.

Perks
01-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I can't read the posts here because I have three episodes left to watch and I'll have to employ some plastic wrap and cutlery to anyone spoiling the ending for me, but I can say that, as far as I'm concerned, it's the best bit of television ever made. Never have I been so invested in every angle of a show.

Love, love, love every character and sub-plot of this show. The writing, the acting, the visuals - outstanding.

Takvah
01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Best show on television... next to Battlestar :P

Shadow_Ferret
01-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Dexter? You mean Dexter's Laboratory?

I just googled it. OK. Showtime.

Perks
01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh, SF, you'd be so cute if you didn't have rabies. Dexter's terrific. I just finished season 2 and I don't know what to hope for. I'd rather see this go out excellently written and acted than to see it go downhill -- but I want MORE!

And, Takvah, I've heard so many good things about Battlestar Galactica that I'm nearly tempted. I don't watch much television and very little sci-fi, but too many people whose opinions I've generally respected have said how excellent it is.

Hmmm. We shall see.

Takvah
01-10-2008, 08:39 PM
And, Takvah, I've heard so many good things about Battlestar Galactica that I'm nearly tempted. I don't watch much television and very little sci-fi, but too many people whose opinions I've generally respected have said how excellent it is.

Not to hijack the thread... but you should go to Blockbuster or your local video store and rent a couple of the first season DVDs. Battlestar is a lot less about scifi and a lot more about an exploration into what it is to be human. Eddie Olmos and Mary McDonnell aren't your garden variety series actors, they're professionals... and they bolster what is all together a great cast. Next time you're wondering what to rent... give it a looksee!

Getting back to Dexter... did you hate Lila as much as I did? UGH! "Dextahhh..."

NikeeGoddess
01-11-2008, 04:45 AM
you mean Lila, the tits?! - the only person in Miami who doesn't have a tan. she must be a vampire.

Spiny Norman
01-11-2008, 05:29 AM
Seen the first season and loved it. Then again, I have a thing for serial killers. Anyways, as I don't have Showtime I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD.

Perks
01-11-2008, 05:36 AM
Getting back to Dexter... did you hate Lila as much as I did? UGH! "Dextahhh..."Lila was great to hate! And one of the most interesting looking actresses I've seen in a long time - all at once drop-dead gorgeous and alarmingly malformed. Go figure.

What a fantastic villain she was.

Takvah
01-11-2008, 07:15 AM
You're using the operative tense there Perks... which was just FINE by me :)

And Nikee I live in South Florida and I don't have a tan... of course I've also been accused of being a vampire. I cast a reflection in a mirror, and love garlic... but the sun turns me red... so I'm guessing I'm only HALF Vamp. :)

Perks
01-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Good news for those of you who don't have Showtime - Dexter is coming to CBS on February 17th!

They're starting back at the beginning, so you won't have missed a thing except for the liberal pepperings of the f-word and a few hiney shots. Oh, and Lila naked. But anyway, it's terrific news.

Dexter is a the best show I've ever watched.

http://www.sho.com/site/announcements/20080107Dexter.do

brainstorm77
11-30-2015, 12:09 AM
So I have been spotting rumors online that Dexter might be coming back!