PDA

View Full Version : Funniest scene EVER!!

CaroGirl
12-17-2007, 05:53 PM
I thought it might be nice to have a thread about people's favourite funny scenes in movies and tv. What makes you laugh out loud just thinking about it and practically pee your pants while watching it?

Some of my tops:

1. In the interest of the holiday season, I have to say that one of the funniest things I've ever seen is the SNL Shwetty Balls skit with Alec Baldwin.

2. The scene in Planes, Trains and Automobiles where they're driving the wrong way down the highway.

3. I must pick 2 scenes from Team America: World Police, and those are when the character's puking in the alleyway and the infamous puppet sex scene.

4. The scene in The Nutty Professor where all the Eddie Murphys are sitting around the dinner table having a conversation with themselves.

LIVIN
12-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Sean Connery: Alek, I'll take The Rapists for $400.
Alek Trebek: That's Therapists Sean, Therapists.

WendyNYC
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
I'll have to go with the SNL/Justin Timberlake "D*ck in a Box" skit.

Siddow
12-17-2007, 06:22 PM
I love the scene in Bruce Almighty where Bruce makes Evan Baxter talk gibberish on the news.

The Justin Timberlake SNL was on again the other night, got to be one of the funniest shows in the history of SNL...Give it on up for Homelessville, D*ck in a Box, The Barry Gibb Talk Show...hilarious stuff.

DaddyCat
12-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Two that always get me going:
- the Joe Pesci/Chris Rock anti-cellphone rant in "Lethal Weapon 4"
- Tom Arnold and Hugh Grant vs. Arnie the Dinosaur in "Nine Months"

III
12-17-2007, 06:29 PM
CaroGirl - you and I need to sit down and watch movies together cuz you took a good chunk of my list. I'll add:

The cane fight scene in Dumb and Dumber (okay, actually all of D&D)
The zipper scene in There's Something About Mary
The Foreman grill episdoe of The Office
The Scott Tennorman episode of South Park

... oh man, I gotta stop or I'll be on this thread all day....

WendyNYC
12-17-2007, 06:31 PM
I have to add the Southern Dinner Party scene from Borat.

Bubastes
12-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Oh, you've mentioned most of my faves! I also love the gibberish scene in Bruce Almighty, SNL's Barry Gibb Talk Show, and SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy ("I'll take Jap Anus Relations for $200, Alex."). I'd add SNL's Chris Matthews skits to the list.

Bmwhtly
12-17-2007, 06:36 PM
The 'Maiow' scene from Super Troopers.
"Now you stop laughing, Right Maiow!"

The first Aygo football match from Top Gear always makes me laugh because it's just so absurb.

The 'I haven't seen Evil Dead 2 yet' scene in the shop from High Fidelity.

DaddyCat
12-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Oh, one that I forgot to mention:
- in "PCU", Gutter making a beer run, getting stoned, passing out and dreaming of his future Senate confirmation hearing.

Come to think of it, can I nominate that entire movie as the funniest ever?

Jersey Chick
12-17-2007, 06:45 PM
The scene from Evil Dead 2 - when Bruce Campbell's hand gets possessed and tried to kill him.

The graveyard scene from Army of Darkness - when Bruce Campbell's trying to get the Necronomicon and, not only does he pick the wrongs books, but then he can't remember the three words - "Klaatu... Berratta... Ni-... N word. Definitely an N word..."

The mirror scene in Duck Soup

In Monty Python and the Holy Grail - the scene in the forest with the Black Knight.

"Your arm's off!"
"'Tis but a scratch!"

Jeez... I could go on forever. :D

Bmwhtly
12-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Pick almost any scene from Withnail & I.

"Right you ****er! I'm going to do the washing up"
"No! Withnail, you haven't slept in 60 hours, you can't handle it. Just wait, we'll do it in the morning, together."
"It is Morning"
"I Think there's something... alive in there"
"What? A rodent?"
"It's possible"
"Then the ****er will Rue the Day!"

ChunkyC
12-17-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm with Jay on Dumb & Dumber. I pee myself laughing when Lloyd is daydreaming about whatserface; that whole sequence in the ski lodge with him lighting his farts, fighting the ninja chef, then he's alone with her and she takes her top off and has a pair of bright headlights.... :roll:

The Black Knight scene from the Holy Grail just kills me too. So much in that movie is hysterical:

"Can't I have some of the peril?"

"Sorry, too perilous."

Another favourite is Peter Sellers in The Party. Feeding the bird: "Birdy num-nums." :ROFL:

maestrowork
12-17-2007, 07:25 PM
The "best friend dying in war" scene in the Notebook. The best unintentionally funny scene. It was so bad.

The Barbie Museum/Nazi mobile/etc. scenes in Rat Race. My sides hurt so much from laughing. Best comedic set-up ever.

The hotel fight in Borat! OMG.

robeiae
12-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Funniest scene ever? Ever? EVER?

That's tough...

I'm gonna go with a scene from WKRP in Cinncinati, when Mr. Carlson had a big Thanksgiving give away. He and Herb dropped the goodies from a helicopter to a crowd waiting in a mall parking lot.

Les Nesman, reporting on site:

"It's flying something behind it and I can't quite make it out. It's a large banner and it says H A P P Y... T H A N K S... giving... from W... K... R... P! What a sight, ladies and gentlemen. What a sight. The 'copter seems to circling the parking area now. I guess it's looking for a place to land. No! Something just came out of the back of a helicopter. It's a dark object, perhaps a skydiver pummeting to earth from only two thousand feet in the air... There's a third... No parachutes yet... They can't be skydivers. I can't tell just yet what they are but... Oh my God! They're turkeys! Oh no! Johnny can you get this? Oh, they're crashing to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! This is terrible! Everyone's running around pushing each other. Oh my goodness! Oh the humanity! People are running about. The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Folks, I don't know how much longer... The crowd is running for their lives. I think I'm going to step inside. I can't stand here and watch this anymore. No, I can't go in there. Children are searching for their mothers and oh, not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this. I don't know how much longer I can hold my position here, Johnny..."

Mr. Carlson's explanation, sometime later:

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly..."

Voyager
12-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Dean Martin and a drunk Jerry Lewis singing, A Boy Named Mary and A Girl Named Bill

John Ritter trying to pay the parking attendant after electorshock therapy in Skin Deep

Julie Andrews "Come to see my boobeeeez" scene in S.O.B.

Danny Kaye's "The vessel with the pestle has the pellet with the poison" scene in The Court Jester

Eddie Izzard in Dressed To Kill

Lewis Black in Black on Broadway

Kat Williams in The Pimp Chronicles

Steven Colbert roasting President Bush at the White House Correspondents' Dinner

and on and on and on...

Shadow_Ferret
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Funniest ever?

Anything in a Marx Brothers' movie.

Two off the top of my head, The contract scene between Groucho and Chico where they keep tearing the pieces off a contract until all they're left with is a tiny piece.

"What's this?"

"Oh, that's the Sanity Clause."

"You can't kid me. There ain't no Santy Claus."

And then the scene with Harpo where he's fighting with another vendor and in the end he takes off his shoes and socks and starts wading in the guys lemonade, driving off all the customers.

Oh, and the scene where Harpo dresses up like Groucho and pretends he's his mirror image.

Oh, Oh, and the cruiseliner room scene where everyone keeps coming into Groucho's room and he's got like several dozen people crammed in there and when someone opens the door to the room they all tumble out.

Oh, oh, oh! The ongoing gag throughout in Horse Feathers where Harpo pulls all sorts of things out of his coat. I think in one scene he stops by people playing a game of cards and when the guys says, "Cut the cards" Harpo pulls out an ax and chops the deck in half then runs off.

PattiTheWicked
12-17-2007, 09:04 PM
The SNL skit where Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze audition to be Chippendales dancers.

The "D*ck in a Box" video.

The scene in Bull Durham where all the players are out on the pitchers mound, and it turns out they're discussing not an upcoming play, but what to get one of their fellow players as a nice wedding gift.

A League of Their Own: "There's no crying in baseball!"

Pretty much any scene in the movie Wedding Crashers.

ChunkyC
12-17-2007, 09:33 PM
John Ritter trying to pay the parking attendant after electorshock therapy in Skin Deep
Oh yeah! There are some incredibly funny scenes in that movie: the glowing condom scene.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

KTC
12-17-2007, 09:57 PM
The scene in Wonder Boys when James and Grady are standing at the back of the car and James says, "Now, that is a big trunk. It holds a tuba, a suitcase, a dead dog, and a garment bag almost perfectly." And then he tries to take booze and a pill from Grady and spits the pill out on Grady's lapel. To tell you the truth I laughed with tears through half of that movie. When Vernon ran up and jumped ass-first on the hood of the car...When Terry Crabtree was driving that friggin' LeCar and Grady's papers went blowing all over the place...every thing. Scene after scene of funny.

KTC
12-17-2007, 10:00 PM
I can honestly say that I cried throughout NOISES OFF. The funniest movie ever! Carol Burnett, Christopher Reeves, Michael Caine, John Ritter, etc...

I am trying to think of one scene and I'm sitting here reliving the whole movie...just watch it and you'll see what I mean.

CaroGirl
12-17-2007, 10:15 PM
I can honestly say that I cried throughout NOISES OFF. The funniest movie ever! Carol Burnett, Christopher Reeves, Michael Caine, John Ritter, etc...

I am trying to think of one scene and I'm sitting here reliving the whole movie...just watch it and you'll see what I mean.
I've seen a production of the stage play but never the movie. Adds to list...

kristie911
12-17-2007, 10:16 PM
The chest waxing scene in 40 Year Old Virgin.

The massage scene in Borat.

There are so many in Bruce Almighty I hate to list them all... :D

katiemac
12-17-2007, 10:22 PM
The Hiphopopotamus versus the Rhymenocerous (http://youtube.com/watch?v=FArZxLj6DLk) rap in Flight of the Conchords. Also exceptional live (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbxA8a_M_s&feature=related).

katiemac
12-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Arrested Development, whenever Tobias "blue" himself and popped from nowhere. When George Michael walked glumly with his head down to Charlie Brown music, only to pass a dog sitting on top of a red house. When Buster gets his hand bitten off: "There's a loose seal!" "Lucille? Mother?"

There's a possibility all of that happened in one episode.

C.bronco
12-17-2007, 10:34 PM
This is so tough to choose...
Harvey Korman's bath scene in Blazing Saddles, and the rest of the movie as well,
The Dave Chappelle show episode where he was Oprah's boyfriend,
The Sand Lot scene where Squintz pretends to drown,
The dining room table scenes in Talladega Nights,
The Family Jewels episode when Gene Simons tried to lure a snake out of his RV by using hot dogs and marshmallows, and later returned to find the RV being ransacked by a bear...
it's hard to choose just one.

ChunkyC
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
At the time this was especially hilarious: the scene in the first Christopher Reeve Superman movie where Clark Kent goes looking for a phone booth to change in....

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/phonebooth/movie-phonebooth.jpg

Tiger
12-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Steve Martin fighting for control of his body in "All of Me"

The "IB Bangin'" scene from "Bringing Out the Dead"

"Honey.... Where's my super suit?!"

The gold watch scene from "Pulp Fiction"

The gentlemen fight at the end of "Bridgette Jones' Diary"

Shadow_Ferret
12-17-2007, 10:49 PM
The "IB Bangin'" scene from "Bringing Out the Dead"

As opposed to the Bring Out Your Dead scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Bring out your dead.

Here's one.

I'm not dead.

What's this? He says he's not dead.

He will be. He's very sick.

I feel happy. I feel happy.

Oh, and the King and peasant scene from the same movie.

Who's that?

Must be a king.

Why?

Hasn't got shit all over him.

CaroGirl
12-18-2007, 03:35 AM
Somebody mentioned Carol Burnett. How about her Gone With the Wind skit, or the skits with Mr. Tudball and Mrs. Wiggins. Classics!! Anyone ever see the Eunice and Mama one with Tim Conway where they all cracked up over something he improvised that involved an elephant? Hilarious.

ETA: It was Sebby who mentioned Carol Burnett. Sebby.

ChunkyC
12-18-2007, 03:43 AM
Somebody mentioned Carol Burnett. How about her Gone With the Wind skit
YES! When she comes down the stairs in her home made dress, it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life!

Gotta go see if it's on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Carol+Burnett+Gone+with+the+w ind&search=Search).... :D

Tiger
12-18-2007, 04:07 AM
"Why, ah just saw it in the windah..."

Jersey Chick
12-18-2007, 04:14 AM
I forgot about the Gone With the Wind sketch and All of Me. Now that I have kids, the scene in Parenthood, where Steve Martin's youngest runs into the kitchen with the bucket on his head and butts the wall...

Mary Steenburgen: He likes to... butt things with his head.
Rick Moranis: How proud you must be.

Actually, most of that moive a lot funnier now.

Bubastes
12-18-2007, 04:15 AM
"Honey.... Where's my super suit?!"

LOL! I almost forgot that one!

"You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good!"

"Greater Good? GREATER GOOD? I am your WIFE! I am the greatest GOOD you are EVER going to get!"

blacbird
12-18-2007, 01:00 PM
The scene from the original "In-Laws", with Alan Arkin and Peter Falk, where the hapless dentist Arkin has been hijacked by the mad secret agent Falk, and they wind up in some Central American place run by a completely insane military dictator, who is showing them the new national flag he has designed. It consists of a black velvet portrait of him, in full regalia, standing next to a bare-breasted woman.

Falk asks, "Is that your wife?"
The dictator gets all indignant: "No! She is a prostitute!"

But it's hard to pick one scene out of that movie, which has to be one of the straightforwardly funniest films ever.

caw

Inky
12-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Southpark. I blame my son. He introduced me to this madness.

Cartman from Southpark..when he becomes a cop..
'Poor people have a tendency to live in clusters...'

Uncle Jimbo's friend Ned and his voicebox...while he's on fire..'Owww. It burns. Hot.'

The boys licking carpet because that's what lesbians are supposed to do, and they want to be lesbians....

Cartman's anal probe from aliens...

David Erlewine
12-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Anchorman:
"Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!"
"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."
"Oh Audrey - I look like hell! I got bags under my eyes. What's that? Well if you were a man, I'd punch you. Punch you right in the mouth. That's bush. Bush league. YOU HEAR ME? AUDREY! LOOK AT ME! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Alright?"

Arrested Development
Tobias as Mrs. Featherbottom exhorting his daughter to take her "fun fun" (really Phen-Fen)

The (BBC) Office
David Brent's dance (filled with scary grunts and man-boob shaking in response to Neil's charity dance)
David saying "I was a leeetle beet drunk" as as explanation for not remembering previously meeting Neil

Calla Lily
12-18-2007, 05:52 PM
MP and the HG, of course.

Life of Brian: the "Blessed are the Cheesemakers" bit. Okay, most of Life of Brian...

Completely agree on all Marx Brothers movies.

Pretty much every scene in Young Frankenstein. "Could be worse." "How?" "Could be raining." [cue thunderstorm]

The "magic cookie" scene in Death to Smoochy. Robin Williams bakes cookies in the shape of a penis and balls, and Edward Norton's innocent character pulls one out in front of 3 dozen kids and stammers and stutters while the kids giggle and everyone in the wings freaks, and Norton finally says, "It's a rocket ship!" Everyone cheers and Williams bursts onto the stage screaming "It's a dick!" and several other rude names for the male jewels.

It's a vulgar movie but so pee-your-pants funny for anyone who had to sit through a Barney show.

III
12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
You may all know me as Greg Brady, but tonight I'm going to introduce you to... Johnny Bravo! Seriously, the Brady Bunch Movie was so hillarious.

Inky
12-18-2007, 06:38 PM
MP and the HG, of course.

Life of Brian: the "Blessed are the Cheesemakers" bit. Okay, most of Life of Brian...

Completely agree on all Marx Brothers movies.

Pretty much every scene in Young Frankenstein. "Could be worse." "How?" "Could be raining." [cue thunderstorm]

The "magic cookie" scene in Death to Smoochy. Robin Williams bakes cookies in the shape of a penis and balls, and Edward Norton's innocent character pulls one out in front of 3 dozen kids and stammers and stutters while the kids giggle and everyone in the wings freaks, and Norton finally says, "It's a rocket ship!" Everyone cheers and Williams bursts onto the stage screaming "It's a dick!" and several other rude names for the male jewels.

It's a vulgar movie but so pee-your-pants funny for anyone who had to sit through a Barney show.
Oh God, how could I have forgotten Death To Smoochie? I laughed so hard, we had to keep pausing the DVD just so I could retain ability to breathe again...

Serena Casey
12-18-2007, 08:41 PM
The episode of the Office where Jim imitates Dwight. I've quoted it around here before, probably more than once, because it's so hilarious. The scene was too short, sadly.

katiemac
12-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Bears, beats, Battlestar Galactica...

Tiger
12-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Mia and Woody escaping through a room in which some helium cannisters have been punctured by bullets ("Broadway Danny Rose").

The Cinema Italia scene in "Play it Again, Sam"

Nick Nolte getting shot in the leg: "Three Fugitives"

Dom Deloise as Nero

ChaosTitan
12-18-2007, 11:30 PM
InnerSpace: Martin Short's face gets transformed into Robert Picardo.

Wild Hogs: Opening bike scene.

Scooby-Doo: Swapping personalities sequence.

Men in Tights: The "Men in Tights" song and dance.

Mean Girls: The whole movie, but particularly the talent show and the gym intervention scenes.

Voyager
12-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Extras - David Bowie singing Chubby Little Fat Man

Almost everything Monty Python. "One day, this will all be yours." "What, the curtains?"

LIVIN
12-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Sean Connery: Alek, I'll take Famous Titties for $200.
Alek Trebek: That's Famous Titles Mr. Connery. Famous Titles.

LIVIN
12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Sean Connery: Alek, I'll Anal Bum Cover for $600.
Alek Trebek: Umm... that's An Album Cover.

LIVIN
12-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Sean Connery: I've got to ask you about The Penis Mightier
Alek Trebek: What? No. No, no, no, no, no, that's The Pen Is Mightier
Sean Connery: Gussy it up however you want Trebek, what matters is, does it work? Will it really mighy my penis, man?
Alek Trebek: It's not a product Mr. Connery.
Sean Connery: I've ordered devices like that before. Wasted a pretty penny, I don't mind telling you. If The Penis Mightier really works I'll order a dozen.

poetinahat
12-20-2007, 08:48 PM
"Who's On First?" -- The template for comic timing.

BruceJ
12-21-2007, 04:56 PM
In The Bob Newhart Show when Bob gets drunk and ends up ordering ~$250 worth of Chinese food. The "Moo Goo Gai Pan" monologue was a killer.

DonnaDuck
12-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Everybody Loves Raymond where Brad Garett (Robert) shows his mother that his exercise machine is not a sex machine and it backfires.

Jim Carrey playing Vera DeMilo in any of those skits and/or him playing Vanilla Ice, all from In Licing Color days.

Leva
12-22-2007, 01:20 AM
Is Transformers too new of a movie for this game? I laughed myself sick at the whole scene involving the bots trying to hide in the back yard and the teens in the house, and the mother asking That Question ...