PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions for published authors...

tfdswift
07-23-2004, 03:41 AM
First, I would like to thank anyone, in advance, for responding to my questions. Now with that out of the way....:peace

My first question is: Do you recommend joining writing associations, and if so, which ones do you feel are the most trustworthy.

My second question is: What is the deal with e-books and POD books? Are any of these ligitimate? Is there a point where you should go with this type of thing?

My problem is finding an agent that deals with my genre. The reputable ones, so far do not seem to deal with the type of writing I do? As I said on another board, I was totally screwed by Janet Kay and Associates, and since then I have had trouble finding an agent. Mostly because of the genre thing and also because I am so wary of who I send to. It's the "Once bitten; Twice shy" thing:teeth .

Please help me figure out where to go!!!!:bang I believe in my work but this is such a tough business to break in to.

Thanks,
Tammy

James D Macdonald
07-23-2004, 03:47 AM
What do you mean by "writing association"?

PoD and ebooks aren't ready for prime-time yet. If you're looking for a) readers and b) income, look somewhere else first.

What's your genre?

tfdswift
07-23-2004, 05:10 AM
I mean like the "National Writer's Association", "National Writer's Union", "Pennwriters, Inc.", etc......

My genre is Teen/Adventure/Fantasy...

Kind of like some of Gary Paulsen's work.

~~Tammy

DeePower
07-23-2004, 05:59 AM
I have found www.publishersmarketplace.com to be a wealth of information. It is not free but the monthly fee is minimal - $15.00 and you can join for just a month.

One of their most valuable resources is the database of deals. You can find out what books have sold to what editor at which publishing house and by what agent. You can sort the deals by fiction, nonfiction, childrens, by agent, editor, and key word.

You might join and then see what YA books have sold and what agent sold them.

Of course you also need to research the agent.
Dee
www.BrianHillAndDeePower.com (http://www.BrianHillAndDeePower.com)

vstrauss
07-23-2004, 06:14 AM
There are plenty of reputable agents who deal with YA books, and YA fantasy is a hot genre right now. Check a good print market guide (Jeff Herman's Writer's Guide, Rachel Vater's Guide to Literary Agents, and/or Literary Marketplace, available in your local library) and you should be able to identify a good number. Another option: Make a list of writers whose work you think is similar to yours (like Gary Paulsen) and try and find out who agents them.

Don't look for agents on the Internet. The Internet is great for followup research, but it shouldn't be where you start your agent search. You're likely to run into lots of Janet Kays.

As for writers' associations...depends on what you're looking for. Professional writers' groups (Authors Guild, NWU, SFWA, RWA, MWA, HWA, SCBWI) can be good for networking and for keeping up with the industry--most have informative quarterly publications and provide a range of services such as grievance committees and contract reviews. Some will let you join if you've yet to publish; some won't. There are other groups that are more about socializing or putting on conferences or conducting workshops.

- Victoria

tfdswift
07-24-2004, 03:33 AM
I am sorry but I made a mistake in my earlier description of my book. The book I am currently working on is somewhat similar to a book I once read by Gary Paulsen. The book I am trying to sell at this time is unlike anything I have ever read before.

As I said it is a teen/adventure/fantasy but it also has a good deal of young romance and a little sci fi in it.

Anybody know off any agents accepting something like that?

The thing of it is I know it is an interesting book for the audience I have targeted. Getting it into print seems a whole nother thing.

~~Tammy

James D. Macdonald
07-25-2005, 05:45 PM
How'd it all work out for you, Tammy?

PVish
07-25-2005, 06:22 PM
My first question is: Do you recommend joining writing associations, and if so, which ones do you feel are the most trustworthy.
My second question is: What is the deal with e-books and POD books? Are any of these ligitimate? Is there a point where you should go with this type of thing?
Tammy

If you're a beginning writer, I suggest you join a local writers group first. If there's a state group, such as the Writers club of Virginia (http:www.virginiawritersclub.org), join that so you can network face-to-face with other writers and learn from their successes/failures. Attend writing conferences and network.

POD books can work IF you have a target audience that you can market to on a local or regional level. If you don't do workshops, speaking engagements, or public appearances, then you won't have much success selling your book. Your name already needs to be known in your area before you consider POD. Do you write a column for a local publication? Do you do lots of public readings?

I have three POD books, all targeting a niche audience in my area. I've made money on the first two and am approaching break-even on the third which has been out two months.

If you're writing to a teen audience, contact schools in your area and do some readings. Test-drive your work with real kids. Ask for their input. (And take a picture and send a press release to your local paper.) If you can prepare some lesson plans based on what you read, so much the better. The students you read to will become your potential book-buyers; teachers will enjoy having a writer in the classroom. Word will get out locally. When you've built a strong local audience, then POD can work. Meanwhile, keep trying to find an agent.

aka eraser
07-25-2005, 11:27 PM
How'd it all work out for you, Tammy?

Tammy and I stay in touch. She's in the process of moving to Alaska and her internet connection is intermittent at best. I know she's still working on the book in question and hasn't submitted it anywhere yet.

Caty
07-27-2005, 04:30 PM
I approached a well known agenency with a synopsis and they contacted me to invite submission, they also sent out a document which must accompany the submission,(before they look at it, they wont read it without me signing) which effectively exonnerates them from just about everything including throwing up on my m/s.

I've made a few submissions before and been offered contracts with two agents in the past. I'm leery because of this great site and didn't sign with any of them. The document which looks very legal forbids me from posting it here to let you have a look at it. Has anyone heard of this before?

I understand that contracts carry weight, but never heard of one that has to be signed before they even get a chance to reject it.

Thanks in anticipation.

James D. Macdonald
07-27-2005, 04:45 PM
That sounds like a Hollywood thing. Is this an agency that does a lot of film work?

Jnaxyc
07-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Caty, I and a some others, including Victoria I think, made a few comments about this in another thread I can't remember just now.

Basically, though, James was going in the right direction. Large agencies such as William Morris that deal with multiple forms of creative work do have these waivers. As I told another poster, this sort of 'contract' or 'waiver' has been standard practice at WM for quite some time. It's also common at some of the large New York agencies like Trident Media Group.

There's no need to be leery if it's coming from an agency like William Morris or Trident. Yes, they are protecting themselves, but they're highly reputable agencies with good records. :cool:

Jaws
07-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Large agencies such as William Morris that deal with multiple forms of creative work do have these waivers. As I told another poster, this sort of 'contract' or 'waiver' has been standard practice at WM for quite some time. It's also common at some of the large New York agencies like Trident Media Group. There's no need to be leery if it's coming from an agency like William Morris or Trident. Yes, they are protecting themselves, but they're highly reputable agencies with good records.
I'm afraid I must disagree with this. First of all, most of the multi-form agencies are simply not appropriate for unpublished, noncelebrity authors—and I'm not excluding WM. Second, the particular waiver terms requested are grossly excessive. Third, the purportedly sterling reputation of some of those "big name" firms is at best nickel plating on lead; they're just quieter about resolving disputes than are many others.

Jnaxyc
07-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Okay, here goes ... :eek:

1) I made no comment as to the appropriateness of an agency such as Williiam Morris for previously unpublished, non-celebrity authors. BUT, I am curious as to why you have determined that an agency like William Morris is 'simply inappropriate.' Just because an agency represents more than just books does not make it inappropriate for a great, first-time author.

2) The waiver terms may indeed be, in your opinion, excessive, but ... they're not setting out to screw authors and they're not locking authors into something to take advantage of them.

3) William Morris and Trident do have good reputations. If you'd like to impunge those reputations, that's your perogative. BUT, I'd sure like to see some proof for why you 'disagree' when it comes to my statement that they're highly reputable and have good records.

I'd hate to see a first-time author who's made it past the query stage at an agency like WM or Trident be scared off from submitting because you don't like the waiver and are feeling curmudgeonly about the big firms. :tongue

Aconite
07-28-2005, 12:18 AM
2) The waiver terms may indeed be, in your opinion, excessive, but ... they're not setting out to screw authors and they're not locking authors into something to take advantage of them.
You can argue that it's not their intent to screw authors, but if the terms screw authors anyway, what's the difference from a practical standpoint?

Caty
07-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Thanks everybody, I'm certainly not published or a celebrity (unless you count my "yard of ale fame")

I feel a bit silly now because it is a large agency representing several genre so it's probably quite a normal thing in the profession.

Thank you all for your kind advice.
Caty

Jnaxyc
07-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Okay, let me be blunt here Aconite. Personally, from a practical standpoint, I don't think the terms of the waivers I've read do screw the writers. Jaws thought the terms were excessive. I think the terms in the waivers I've seen are designed to protect the agencies from lawsuits if the agency looks at something and rejects it, and then is accused of 'stealing' the idea or other skullduggery.

The terms in the waivers I've seen don't screw authors and, as I said, they don't lock authors into something to take advantage of them. I made the comment about intent because I think intent is important ...

... particularly when speaking to suspicious authors about large agencies like William Morris that use these waivers ;)

Added Aside: In my own humble opinion ... the odds of an agency stealing a person's storyline or idea are waaaaaaaaay lower than the odds of someone thinking their idea was stolen. While I can think of a few highly publicized instances where reality show concepts and a movie or two were poached ala Fox, I know of many more instances where people accused firms of stealing ideas and storylines when the idea, frankly, was already out there, in production, done etc.

Jnaxyc
07-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Don't feel silly Caty!

I found that thread I mentioned initially and in it Victoria quite rightly pointed out that LOTS of authors, first-time, published, whatever, haven't encountered waivers before. Most of the agencies just don't use 'em, so authors understandably get concerned.

So, no feeling silly (unless you just emptied a yard in under 30 seconds. THEN you might be feeling kinda silly :Cheers: :faint: )

Good Luck!

Caty
07-28-2005, 01:20 AM
Thanks so much everybody for your contributions. you're right Jnaxyc I've never come across it before and (blushes ) didn't realise I'd used my stormtrooper "READ MY M/S.........GO ON......... READ IT PAL!", on one of the big boys.

Oh the shame, perhaps my fame will extend to frightened agents and they'll send me yards of ale to go away?

Aconite
07-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Jnaxyc, I know Jaws, and I know his experience with publishing law. I can't compare yours because I don't know it. Would you mind giving us some idea of what qualifies you as an expert, so we can better evaluate your comments?

Jnaxyc
07-28-2005, 06:00 PM
And spoil the mystery? :hat:

Oh no!

As you say, you know Jaws.
Why not ask him whether he
thinks a Trident or William Morris
waiver 'screws' writers.

No doubt you'll trust your friend
far more than a strange newcomer
who had the temerity to offer a
contrary opinion. :eek:

Aconite
07-28-2005, 07:33 PM
No doubt you'll trust your friend
I did not say he's my friend. I know him in his professional capacity. I know his credentials.

far more than a strange newcomer
One who doesn't give any credentials? Well, yes. I'd be foolish to do otherwise, especially on a board regularly trolled by plants and shills, wouldn't I?

Jaws
07-28-2005, 08:03 PM
A few comments, and then that's all (remember, as an attorney I have to keep client confidences): The real problem with the WM waiver is that it also acts as insulation against the misconduct of other WM clients; I'm picking on WM because I've seen its waiver most recently (by next week, it might be CAA). Consider, for example, this scenario: Arthur Author, an unknown writer, is lucky enough to have his/her manuscript requested (after the normal submission process of query-and-synopsis) by UltraBigTalentManagement, a multiform agency that also represents TV and film people. The potential agent is chatting over lunch with another agent at the firm and mentions this wacky and unique idea in Arthur's book. The second agent mentions that idea to Peter Producer, one of his clients; the idea becomes the basis for a nine-figure-grossing feature film with several sequels, each of which also grossed nine figures. Although Arthur Author followed all of the requirements of Desny v. Wilder, he would have no cause of action against anyone under the excessive waiver. (The confidential settlement from which these facts are loosely drawn is even more egregious, but that's beside the point.)
Agencies like the big multiform firms are inappropriate for unpublished noncelebrity authors because their structure, expertise, and efforts focus on big, highly publicized projects. In fact, if you get senior VPs and above (or the equivalent, depending upon the firm's management structure) alone in a bar for a drink, you'll find that most of them will admit that they keep a literary agency branch around for synergy with their main business—the film/TV/drama/musical talent and managing the careers of celebrities. That makes them inappropriate—not necessarily bad, just a poor fit—for those who don't fit that profile. Conversely, if an author is a celebrity, even if previously unpublished, those firms should be toward the top of the list… with other appropriate precautions that go for any large transaction.
Without naming names—remember that privilege thing?—I could name two well-known multiform agencies which, in the last five years, have done precisely what I described in the first form above, and another one that quietly paid off an author to go away rather than reveal how its accounting department determined her share of the royalties from a major project. I make no representations as to whether WM or Trident is in that grouping.
The bottom line is this: Whether intentionally or otherwise, the waivers go far beyond what is reasonable or necessary to protect the agency, and reflect disrespect for the agency's existing and potential clients. Disrespect may well be endemic in the entertainment and publishing industries, but that's no reason to ask for it or collaborate in it.

Jnaxyc
07-28-2005, 08:22 PM
And now, perhaps, you'll ask Jaws, in a professional capacity, if he believes that Trident's or William Morris' waivers 'screw' writers.

In the meantime, since we've hijacked the thread, let a new topic of discussion commence!

What are the odds that a plant or shill :scared:
from Trident or William Morris is trolling
this board?

A particularly devious plant mind you. :hat:
One who's only made about a dozen posts on the board
since joining, about half of which are in this one thread.
Sneaky sorts of comments like ...

Places like William Morris and Trident use the waivers Caty was asking about.
William Morris and Trident are highly reputable and have good records.
I don't think it's their intent to screw writers.
In my opinion the waivers don't screw writers, although they are desgined to protect the agencies.
Hmmm ... yes ... very suspicious.
Questionable indeed.
Quite right to look askance at
any character making THOSE
sorts of comments ...
:wag:

Jnaxyc
07-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Apologies to the shark in the waters.
Didn't see you swimming around. ;)

Aconite
07-28-2005, 08:33 PM
And now, perhaps, you'll ask Jaws, in a professional capacity, if he believes that Trident's or William Morris' waivers 'screw' writers.
I believe he just answered that.

What are the odds that a plant or shill from Trident or William Morris is trolling this board?
Frankly, I'm beginning to rate them higher and higher with every technique we've seen such people use in the past that you now use. Including insulting those who ask who you might be to give expert opinion, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to ask of someone who is claiming to give expert opinion. I do note, incidentally, that you do not deny being such a person, and instead try to redirect our attention. So I'll ask you flat out: Are you now or were you previously connected to William Morris or Trident in any way?

Jnaxyc
07-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Aparecium! :Lecture:

Hmmm. Rats, that didn't work.
All I see is teasing.
Insults must be somewhere
though ... otherwise why all
this poisonous hostility? :Wha:

And confusion too! :Huh:

When did I claim to give an 'expert'
opinion? I think I even said 'humble'
opinion. :confused:

And suspicion!

Hmmm, never suspected that teasing
Aconite and declining to submit to
a poisonous review would result in
such suspicion. :gone:

Maybe Aconite's just no fan of
mystery?

Yikes! :scared:
Confusion, suspicion, unsavory accusations!
Shills and trolls and plants, oh my!
Bogeys for sure!

:guns:

Riddikulus, I say! Riddikulus!

(Sigh. Best offer a serious comment too or I'll find myself in real trouble when it comes to poisonous plants. I have seen the waivers used by William Morris and Trident. Do I work for them? Or have I ever? Nope. Do my agents work at WM or Trident? Or have they ever? Nope. I cannot, however, state definitively that I won't be able to find some (horrors!) connection if we start playing seven degrees of separation with a Kevin Bacon twist)

DaveKuzminski
07-28-2005, 09:32 PM
(Sigh. Best offer a serious comment too or I'll find myself in real trouble when it comes to poisonous plants. I have seen the waivers used by William Morris and Trident. Do I work for them? Or have I ever? Nope. Do my agents work at WM or Trident? Or have they ever? Nope. I cannot, however, state definitively that I won't be able to find some (horrors!) connection if we start playing seven degrees of separation with a Kevin Bacon twist)

Jnaxyc, we've experienced many such intrusions before, so we tend to become suspicious when certain claims are made or other information is not freely offered such as one's own qualifications. You've already observed since your entrance that Jaws is an attorney who is well qualified to speak about intellectual property.

So, belatedly, welcome to the board. Have a look around, but don't be too alarmed if the inhabitants tend to view you with suspicion. It's not meant to be personal.

James D. Macdonald
07-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Trolls, plants, and shills are unfortunately all too common on messageboards. The regulars get cynical fast.

Aconite
07-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Thank you for answering the question, Jnaxyc. Forgive me for nitpicking (as Dave and James mentioned, we get cynical here fast), but while you state neither you nor your agents work for WM or T, you did not actually say you had no other close connection, such as being related to the owners or someone who is employed by them, or if you benefit in some way from an association with them. I do like precision.

Jnaxyc
07-29-2005, 12:41 AM
To: "Hermione" <Hermione@addydeleted>
Cc: "Absolute Write Water Cooler"
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 4:05 PM
Subject: Trouble with Aconite / Spells

Hermione --

Tried Riddikulus spell just like you said -- twice! Used very clear, firm type and even added a nice purple for emphasis. But no go. Bogey problem still there and I think there's a Snark situation developing now too!

Advice?

Jnaxyc

To: "Jnaxyc" <Jnaxyc@addydeleted>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: Trouble with Aconite / Spells

Jnaxyc,

Did you laugh when you cast it? I did tell you, it's crucial to be in the right sort of frame of mind. Laughter should do it.

Really though, you should get back to work and stop fooling with silly horticulture projects. I will say though, I like the idea of purple. Rather a nice touch.

H

PS -- If the laughter doesn't work, have you considered pesticide?

To: "Hermione" <Hermione@addydeleted>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 4:20 PM
Subject: Trouble with Aconite / Spells

No, no. Pesticide won't do at all. I suspect this Aconite to be a person, not a plant.

I didn't laugh when I cast the spell. I confess -- he was being so silly, I was actually beginning to get a bit irritated. Now, goaded on by a few posts giving him an excuse to act 'cynical' and behave badly, he's continuing the silliness and the bad behavior.

He wants me to give him some sort of disclaimer that I have "no other close connection, such as being related to the owners or someone who is employed by them, or [someone who] benefits in some way from an association with them." I'd give it to him just to stop the prattle, but then I suspect he'd come back with another requirement.

Something along the lines of "Wait, you suspicious person who I'm going to treat badly just because you won't tell me all the details of your life! Tell me, you suspicious person I can be cynical of and treat poorly because others have excused my behavior ... tell me ... have you EVER passed a person on the street who works with William Morris or Trident? Hmm, HAVE YOU?! I do like precision."

Kind of poisons the atmosphere of the board for newcomers when folks behave like that.

I'll try the laugh though. Thanks!

Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 4:25 PM

A person! Someone from the Spanish Inquisition? We had news here of a few remainders, so do be careful!

Really, though, if your suspicion is correct and Aconite is just a person, I wouldn't bother with the spell. He may be acting like a Bogey, but he's likely just a silly muggle. Have a laugh and humor him. If he keeps it up, ignore the poor bloke. Really, he likely doesn't know better, and you do have more important work to attend to.

Now, if he's from the Inquisition, well, that's another matter entirely. Do let me know on that count.

H

Aconite
07-29-2005, 12:44 AM
And yet you still haven't answered the question.

James D. Macdonald
07-29-2005, 12:46 AM
In addition to trolls, plants, and shills, we are also occasionally visited by morons.

Jnaxyc
07-29-2005, 12:58 AM
:ROFL:

AHEM! :Lecture: deeeep breath

I, Jnaxyc, hereby state for all the sillily suspicious, cyncial and posionous plants inhabiting this board (or humans as the case may be) ...

that I have no close connection to William Morris or Trident;

I am not related to the owners of William Morris
or Trident [:roll: ];

I am not employed by William Morris or Trident [:eek: ];

I do not benefit in any way from any association with William Morris or Trident [:Shrug: ];

and as far as I know, if you can think of anything else, I ain't that either (unless it's complimentary ;))

whew! :faint:

brinkett
07-29-2005, 03:23 AM
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:22 PM

When you're being hounded and all else fails, casting an "Ignore" spell will dispel the unpleasantness.

You're right--newcomers are sometimes pounced on, but you'll find there are some decent folks here. Take a look around the cooler. Other forums are friendlier than this one.

Welcome. And thanks for the laugh.

DaveKuzminski
07-29-2005, 04:03 AM
See, folks? I brought out the best in Jnaxyc just like I do in others by telling him about how the inhabitants here behave. Okay, except for Brady. I take no responsibility in what came out of him recently. ;)

James D. Macdonald
07-29-2005, 07:20 AM
Despite the antics of a recent vistor, we know by other means that both William Morris and Trident (New York, not Washington D.C.) are decent agencies.

I wouldn't want anyone to draw unfavorable conclusions about those agencies based on the nonsense that person posted.

Aconite
07-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Thank you for the answer, Jnaxyc.

JennaGlatzer
07-29-2005, 02:47 PM
I thought Jnaxyc was funny.

Now if he/she will just tell me his/her blood type and provide three character witnesses, I'll even be nice. :tongue

Jnaxyc
07-29-2005, 06:43 PM
But, I suspect that my welcome's been worn out given Dave's and Jame's posts.

True, I can't be sure James was calling me a moron or suggesting that I've given William Morris and Trident Media Group bad names because I responded to silly accusations that I was a troll, shill, plant, or worse with silly rejoinders ...

but I suspect he was.

And to think this all started because I posted positive comments remarkably similar to ones others on this board, including James, have made in the past about WM and Trident.

James, Dave -- I'm sorry I seem to have upset you, and perhaps I'll post more on that count later. But for now, some thoughts in a more serious vein, since responding to silliness with silliness seems to make one a moron here.

1) Yes, it is personal. When a person makes valid comments on a board and then is treated to suspicion and smacked with thinly veiled accusations that they're a troll, shill, plant etc. ... all because they declined to give their full name and full credentials identifying them for all the world on an Internet board ... that's personal.

2) When a person new to a board offers opinions -- not particularly radical ones either -- ones even regular posters like James have made before -- and then experiences hostility from people like Aconite ... there's VERY LITTLE incentive to reveal identity and whatnot and better reason not to.

3) When you tell newcomers to expect suspicion and cynicism -- even though their comments did NOT warrant suspicion and simply because they decline to give their names on an Internet message board -- yes, you are in some ways excusing behavior like Aconite's.

I accept the explanation of the cynicism on this board, I understand it, to a point. But, in this case at least, my opinions about William Morris and Trident were not so far out there that Aconite's behavior could be explained by 'cynicism.' Offering past instances where people's comments warranted suspicion and the resulting cynicism doesn't fly for me.

Why?

Because that kind of response is like telling newcomers, "Well, some of us may attack you if you say the sky is blue. We've had bad experiences in the past. Don't take it personal though. But you should know, even though I once said the sky is blue myself, I'm not going to tell that poster accusing you to stop the silliness, because, well ... I understand how he might be cynical and attack someone who says the sky is blue without giving their name and creds."

And if you're not so sure that your comments did act as an explanation that in some ways condoned Aconite's behavior, consider this -- Aconite DID indeed take your comments as license to continue his poor behavior. He did take those comments as an excuse and even used them in his next post.

4) If people like Aconite make silly sorts of accusations -- I'm going to respond with silly posts.

James D. Macdonald
07-29-2005, 09:50 PM
You need to work on your delivery, Jnaxyc.

Kasey Mackenzie
07-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Yes, well, then don't blame the rest of us for finding the whole thing silly. The pseudo Hermione email post struck me as very...inappropriate...for this particular arena. But that's just my own opinion. Maybe my funny bone isn't working today.

*Please note that I'm not taking any sides in the discussion at hand. I for one never thought Jnaxyc was necessarily a representative of the agencies mentioned and think that those particular accusations were just about as silly as the Hermione post(s), honestly.

DaveKuzminski
07-29-2005, 11:41 PM
But, I suspect that my welcome's been worn out given Dave's and Jame's posts.

James, Dave -- I'm sorry I seem to have upset you, and perhaps I'll post more on that count later.

You haven't upset me. I was honestly trying to give you an explanation because I felt you deserved one as to why you were meeting with resistance. If I felt you deserved otherwise, rest assured that I'm not at all shy about taking aim.

HapiSofi
07-30-2005, 12:20 AM
I can't imagine that Jnaxyc has any connection to William Morris or Trident. They're important agencies. Jnaxyc just reeks of troll.

Aconite
07-30-2005, 12:41 AM
I didn't ask for your identity, Jnaxyc. I asked if you would tell us what experience you had with contracts like the one under discussion, so we could evaluate how much weight to give your opinion, as we can do with Jaws'. You were asking us to treat you as an expert on the topic, so I thought that was a fair question. You took it from there.

victoriastrauss
07-30-2005, 01:44 AM
This discussion seems to have run its course.

- Victoria