Landscapers...

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
What's the matter with them?

OK, let me clarify. My first landscaping contractor never invoiced me. And then he just disappeared. He did the job, didn't get paid, and didn't come back. What's up with that?

Then my other one still hasn't invoiced me yet. I've asked him three times to send me an invoice -- I can't pay him without an invoice. He said he would, but he still hasn't. What's up with that?

I feel guilty. I feel like I should pay him something, at least for the holidays. At the same time, I'm like, "Dude, send me an invoice already."

Don't landscapers want to get paid?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'll send you my paypal account and you can get all squared up and relieve that guilt. I'm okay with doing favours for the people I like.

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com

OK, let me clarify. My first landscaping contractor never invoiced me. And then he just disappeared. He did the job, didn't get paid, and didn't come back. What's up with that?

Then my other one still hasn't invoiced me yet. I've asked him three times to send me an invoice -- I can't pay him without an invoice. He said he would, but he still hasn't. What's up with that?

I feel guilty. I feel like I should pay him something, at least for the holidays. At the same time, I'm like, "Dude, send me an invoice already."

Perhaps it's not the 'landscapers', it's how your dealing with them...

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Yes, and they did a GREAT job. They came by last week to do the Fall/Winter cleanup. We have a good relationship. That's why I don't quite get it. Where is the invoice, man?

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Ours was knocking on our door after he did the major landscaping. (Ie wall, walkway, trees, etc..) But when we ask him to move a tree, or drain the sprinkler system, he does it, and disappears. (who knows?) Just don't pay until you get that invoice. (I am sure you already know this.)

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Can I have their number? I've got a lot of work that needs done, and no money to pay with, so I'm looking for that sort of deal.

All I ever get are contractors who bill me and haven't even finished the work. A pest company left an invoice on my front door; I had to call them and ask, "Uh, you guys jump over six foot fences that are locked from the inside?" Of course not, but they wanted to bill me for doing the entire exterior of my house! Jerks. You're FIRED! No money for you!

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
HEY! My husband is a landscaper.
We are actually really nice about paying. Sometimes we will call and ask. "Do you want to get paid for this?" But he seems to feel that maintenance comes with the price of the landscaping. Maybe he is just too busy to pick up the check. I know that sometimes they have a lot of projects going at once, and will forget about the little things. So we are pretty good about reminding.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Christ, for the amount we've paid in landscaping since moving to our house 7 years ago...if it's the same landscaper they could probably do your house for free. Two summers ago the bill came to just under 6 grand...and it seems there more every year. I wish I had the same problem. What's their number anyway?

They also interlocked my driveway...ouch. I should have went with sand.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score

Well, it is obvious that they do not have an accounting department. Therefore for a mere $50,000.00 a year, I will be their accounting department.

Ray. Invoice # 0482 is on it's way. Oh...and by the way...we no longer take personal checks. Cash baby. Cash.