Two-Book Deal with Thomas Dunne!

MKL1025

Registered
Reaction score
My book deal was officially announced on Publishers Marketplace today!

Here is the listing:

13 December, 2007
s.gif
s.gif
Fiction:
Debut Maureen Lipinski's WAS IT PLANNED?, the humorous story of a young newlywed couple whose lives are turned upside down by an unplanned pregnancy, to Kathleen Gilligan at Thomas Dunne Books, in a two-book deal, by Holly Root at Waxman Literary Agency (NA).

Thanks for letting me share!

kimmeunier

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.associatedcontent.com
How awesome! How long did it take you to get published, that is from beginning the writing, re-writing, editing? Well you get the point. Just curious since I think most of us spend our free brain time fantasizing about "The book deal."

MKL1025

Registered
Reaction score
How awesome! How long did it take you to get published, that is from beginning the writing, re-writing, editing? Well you get the point. Just curious since I think most of us spend our free brain time fantasizing about "The book deal."

I started the MS in July 2005, finished in October 2006. I edited and submitted to agents in April of this year, signed with Holly in late May, she submitted the project in June. There were a lot of close calls in the beginning, but no sale. She submitted to my editor the week before Thanksgiving and everything moved very quickly.

Publishing moves at glacial speed, but deals move with lighting speed!

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! That's very exciting news. :)