How bored are the people who post reviews on Amazon?

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooookay, it would make sense to write a book review, but for an ink pen???

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
They're so...creative. I like the one about using it to perform an emergency tracheotomy, and whining that it doesn't come with a laser.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
These are the pens I've been using for probably ten years (did you ever see me taking notes with one of these during a writer's meeting?). I'm no lawyer, so my demands are not as strict as the one-star reviewer (If he's a real lawyer he gets $200/hr to write things - why is HE writing a Bic pen review???). The best time to buy is during the late-summer back-to-school sales when you can get a ten-pack for 99 cents. It works, and it's not worth enough to get upset over if it's lost or stolen.

But I never thought of writing a review of it.

I've never written a review on Amazon, and I only ever wanted to write a review for Amazon of one book, and I forgot the title of the book before I got around to writing the review...

I've known before that Amazon sells just about everything as well as books, the people on rec.woodworking were saying it has some of the best prices for power tools.

Okay, so where did you see this? Some popular blog undoubtedly mentioned this Amazon page for this product... It looks like it's being slashdotted with reviews. Most of the 40, nee 42 reviews are within the last few days.

Perhaps this is the origin of all these reviews:
http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Very_Good_If_You_Need_to_Write_on_Paper_A_Pen_Review_2

ETA: And while I'm at it, I felt the need to stick a "heads up" on the Wikipedia Discussion (didn't it used to be called Talk?) page about this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bic_Cristal
Why waste time writing Amazon reviews when you can waste time writing on Wikipedia?

Last edited:

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
The cap clips onto your inside pocket well, but only if you're wearing very thin material. Fortunately this suits me fine, as my job involves standing in a square pretending to be a silver statue, so I wear nothing but tin foil. If you're finding that your clothes are too thick to clip, I would recommend considering a career change.

I think that sums it all up right there, saith the tin man.

Tri