Help

jordanharris

Registered
Reaction score
I am sure if this is the right place but I am looking for a co-writing/cp to assist me with my works. Family and friends like the finish products I have but I still feel that there is something missing. I am writing m/m stories both in fantasy and contemporary settings.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, jordan. This is the right place.

I'm not sure I have enough information. First off, what's a "cp?" (Co-writing I understand.)

What's the goal here, paid publication with proceeds somehow divided, or are you paying someone good with m/m erotica to ghostwrite for you, or what?

Maryn, pleased to meet you

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
Okay

A lot of authors in the romance/erotica genre are co-authors sharing byline on the same books. If you do choose to go this route, make sure to set up a co-author agreement that sets out how royalties will be divided, who owns copyright/whether it is shared, etc.

But the tone of your post seems to indicate you're looking more for an editor than a co-author? If so, you'd probably need to hire a professional copyeditor. This would involve you finding a qualified editor (note: they are expensive) and having that person edit your manuscript for you prior to your submitting it to agents and publishers. The editor would NOT be a co-author and would not share copyright, royalties, etc; they are "for hire" only.

jordanharris

Registered
Reaction score
I meant a critique partner (cp) may be another option that would be able to see what I am unable to format. I would not want anyone to ghostwrite for me :) . Thanks an editor sounds like exactly what I need.

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
You want what we call a "beta reader." That's another writer and/or avid reader in your genre who can read/critique your book and give you honest feedback. You might be able to find good beta readers here. I know I have.