What's the going rate from the tooth fairy at your house?

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Believe it or not, there are parents at my kids' school who give $20 per tooth! $5 - $10 per tooth seems to be the average.

I give a $1 coin and now feel like a cheapskate. But too bad, kiddos, I'm not paying top dollar for your old bloody teeth.

How about you?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
It's $5 in this house. We're almost at the end. My son just turned 12. He just lost 3 or 4 the last few weeks. I think he only has 1 or 2 left to go?

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Man. Maybe I AM a cheapskate. Is this in my future?:

Naomi: "Remember when mom used to only give us a DOLLAR for our teeth?"
Charlotte: "Yeah, I always thought the tooth fairly hated us, when really it was just HER BEING CHEAP!"

Reaction score
I used to get about 50p a tooth. Sometimes they'd fall out themselves, without my mother having to punch me first.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
One dollar?.......One dollar? Boy. Talk about cheap. I would think that in today's market for wonderful, tiny teeth that a fiver would be in order. ($5.00) I mean...what with inflation and all. ;)

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
My daughter's first tooth fell out just the other day. We gave her $2. She was happy with that. No way I'm goin' any higher!

but my son's into mutual funds. It's all good. I don't mind giving more...he doesn't spend it.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I have a little jar with my daughter's teeth in it. But really, what for? It's kind of gross.

I have a little wooden ring box with yin and yang carved in it. Inside it are my Golden Retriever's baby teeth. It was hard to collect them. I will cherish them forever...even if it is kinda gross.

It's on my mantle.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
My mom only paid me off when my brother took a tooth by force. Otherwise, I got a big goose egg.

Then again, we never had any of that tooth fairy, santa claus, easter bunny talk in my house growing up.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
What about the potty fairy?

Yes...the potty fairy brought a bar of soap and stuffed it into our mouths every time we dropped the F Bomb. Oh how I loved the potty fairy.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
$2 to $5, depending on size. Tipping is considered if the removal technique is particularly brave, entertaining, or unexpectedly painful.

Wisdom teeth, however, will certainly go much higher than that.

Yes, we have all our kids' teeth, each in it's own ziplock, dated and annotated. Living with a scientist is sorta weird sometimes.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
You are the weakest link.
I actually have a smiley for that...
char020.gif

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Alright! You all have shamed me! I'm bumping it up to $5/1st tooth, $2 after that.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
We did $5 for the first tooth, $2 for the others (my daughter's in the hockey player stage now). I have them in individual dated envelopes tucked into her brother's baby book (she'll never look there).

As for wisdom teeth, I was in my 20s when they came out - and I never got one red cent (though for some odd reason the oral surgeon gave them to me, and for some even weirder reason, I still have them.) - someone owes me for those - I had all four out at the same time! :D