Do you sneak food into the movie theater?

Do you sneak food into the movie theater?

• Of course!

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Never

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Eggplant

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes. At least a bottle of water. Hell if I'm going to pay $4.50 for one.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I've sneaked food in before, but what I do now is take in a bunch of paper bags. The large popcorn is stupidly large but so much better value. So, we buy the large popcorn and divide it among four brown paper lunch bags. The kids get enough popcorn (but not too much) and we save a buck or two. I don't like movie popcorn much so I just splurge and buy a Rolo.

ShebaJones

I post in the nude.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't, but my husband used to. I married him anyway, so apparently it didn't bother me too much. Why pay three bucks for a box of Junior Mints when you can get the same thing for a buck at the grocery store?

He never tried to sneak in a bucket of popcorn. Or a bucket of chicken, for that matter. They're harder to hide in a jacket.

andrewhollinger

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.andrewhollinger.com
I once wanted to own a theatre, so I did an insane amount of research on owning and operating one. After that, I have no problem taking food in. They owe me after a lifetime of overpriced popcorn and nachos.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My older sister brings her "movie theater" pocketbook. A big one just for smuggling in her snacks.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
You don't think anyone would want to sneak in Orlando Bloom?

(Or is he not required for polls anymore? Nobody tells me anything...)

As for the question....the last movie I attended, I did not - and it cost me $8.50 for a pretzel and a large icy, watered-down coca-cola like drink....

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
My grandfather was German. They're very frugal. No, let me rephrase: HE WAS CHEAP!!!
So, we would buy 2lb bags of M&M's and Peanut M&M's because he felt you could get more for your money at the grocery store vs buying them at the theater.
I was a kid. All that chocolate? I was NOT about to argue.

I've instilled the same values with my kids.
Only...
We take cheeseburgers, fries, granola bars, Germany cookies, shortbread, thermus of tea for mom, hell, I've even taken bagels...that 3 hour LOTR Return of The King? We took a pot of homemade chili & disposable bowls.

No, I'm NOT kidding.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
It's harder to do in the summer -- stuffing that big bag of chips in my pants pocket would create a lot of stares. But in the winter, sure. Who wants to pay $4 for a small bag of M&Ms? Drinks are a bit difficult, and I do love theater popcorns so I would buy those. Sometimes I take my backpack to the theater and they never check it -- I have tons of stuff in there, including snacks and bottled water.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score

As for the question....the last movie I attended, I did not - and it cost me $8.50 for a pretzel and a large icy, watered-down coca-cola like drink....
*SLAMS FACE AGAINST MONITOR*

I would sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo smuggle him in...but, alas, I am forced to settle for Cray...batteries fit much more nicely into the ginormous purse....

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Never. But I do sneak movies into the grocery store. They keep me from impulse buying while waiting in line at the checkout.

If you quote me on this, I'll deny everything!

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
We didn't bother smuggling in the chili. We offered some to the manager, and away we went. Course, the nice theater on base isn't as uptight as, say, The Mann's Chinese Theater in California. Now, there, I'll just shuffle along, and pray they don't scan purses...mine will be stocked to the 9's!

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
that 3 hour LOTR Return of The King? We took a pot of homemade chili & disposable bowls.

No, I'm NOT kidding.

On first reading, I thought you wrote 'disposable bowels'...

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
It's harder to do in the summer -- stuffing that big bag of chips in my pants pocket would create a lot of stares. But in the winter, sure. Who wants to pay $4 for a small bag of M&Ms? Drinks are a bit difficult, and I do love theater popcorns so I would buy those. Sometimes I take my backpack to the theater and they never check it -- I have tons of stuff in there, including snacks and bottled water.
I think the crunching, coming from your pants, as you walk..with chips shoved down into nether regions...THAT would have me on the phone to National Enquirer.
Crispy Critters would be the headline...hehehehehee

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

They have a sign on the glass before you even go in the movie theater near me that says: No backpacks allowed.

I have brought in a bottled water. If anyone were to try and stop me I'd tell them I have a medical condition and need my water.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Trade ya one Johnny Depp or Keira Knightly's clothes and we'll deal.

No. I don't. But I use the savings to go out afterward. (As if!)(As in, as if Burger King is ''out'') :ROFL:

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
We always take snacks in. I can spend $5 at Kroger and get 3 big boxes of candy and two bottled waters -- I've got three kids so I'm saving a small fortune by doing this. Last time my hubby and I went to the movies, we stopped at Chipotle and brought burritos in.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
On first reading, I thought you wrote 'disposable bowels'...
After my chili...trust me...AND you scream...I make it HOTTTTTT!

One sounds like Gollum, after a bowl of MY chili...
It buurrrns....gollum-gollum...fat hobbit...fed me her stinnnkkin' chili...it BURRRRNSSSS!

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
According to official AW guidelines, "eggplant" is an acceptable substitute for "Orlando Bloom" if the poll is food related. I know, I'm exploiting the system.

Ahhhhh....see, no one told me that. I guess that means the ladies can't 'nibble' on Orlando, eh?

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com

I thought you always smuggled around chocolate in your pants?

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
According to official AW guidelines, "eggplant" is an acceptable substitute for "Orlando Bloom" if the poll is food related. I know, I'm exploiting the system.

You makin' jokes 'bout the Bloom?

*snatches guitar...holds open scissors against strings...*
We have a hostage situation...