how does one cancel a PA contract?

lavisod

hi i was excited when i got my contract with PA and now the PA site is listing my book for 15 bucks on the site. Is there anyway to cancel my contract because my book was about saving the world and now i'm realizing that my book wont spread very far at all especially since i dont own a car, i never leave the house, and i cant promote except on the internet...SO i'm feeling at a loss for words. Is it possible to cancel my contract and how would i do that? how much would it cost? sigh. Also can i spread the ideas of my book or even the book itself as an ebook for free without getting into trouble with the publisher? I didnt write the book to make money, i wrote it to save the world.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder--what, precisely, is the topic of your book?

lavisod

thanks

although i probably wont cancel my contract, i am writing a second book. I just wish it could be as good as my first one. Bummer

lavisod

and

so i can termenate my contract just like that? it wont cost me money?

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Contracts, by their nature, are binding on both parties. For good or ill, you signed it, and so did they. And you're locked in for seven years. You can try to get THEM to cancel it, but it ain't easy, and it takes time. There are several threads here by people who've done it.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
The most successful method of getting PA to terminate the contract, so far, is to politely tell PA you do not intend to purchase any copies, will not promote your book, and will not recommend PA to any other writers. Also post any responses from PA on your personal web site and any open forums so that other writers will see the truth about PA.