PDA

View Full Version : Beta reader for an 80K Fantasy-esque novel

HopelessDreamer
12-11-2007, 05:52 AM
I've been working on polishing my novel for a long time, and I'm finally comfortabe showing it to people and would really appreciate some constructive criticism. I'll gladly return the favor and read yours.

Here's a synopsis taken from my query letter:

The deadly echoes of an air raid siren barely rustle Landon Greene from his sleep. When he learns about the death of someone he knows, he brushes it off as though it happened to a stranger thousands of miles away. Landon lives in a fragile world where his country is constantly defending itself from attacks. This delicate state comes crashing down when his nation is conquered by its enemy.

Forced to live as a drifter, Landon decides to flee his country. On his journey, he experiences the guilt of killing fellow human beings, something that evokes a powerful grief he can barely stomach. Dying of starvation, he threatens and robs innocent people of their only belongings and begins to question if he is any better than the invaders.

With the looming fear of capture, starvation, and death, Landon must decide if he is willing to sacrifice his own humanity to escape his ravaged country.

honeycomb
12-11-2007, 03:56 PM
I've been working on polishing my novel for a long time, and I'm finally comfortabe showing it to people and would really appreciate some constructive criticism. I'll gladly return the favor and read yours.

Hopeless dreamer:

Now this sounds really interesting, I'd be glad to read your novel. I have a slow week coming up so please send it to me.

HopelessDreamer
12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks, DA!