Animal rights - if you have the last AIDS virus ... will you kill it?

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
I live in my poetry and stories ... sometimes the
Website
users.skynet.be
This is (was?) the case with Pocks ... no scientest dared kill the virus and they shipped it to all laborities around the world with a message on (not in) the bottle 'keep safe'. Suppose you have the last living virus of HIV (Aids ... in France Sida - they reverse American words) in a coke bottle, what would you do with it. Drip in citric acid and shake or keep it warm and locked up in your safe where you keep all millions you have not pay tax on?

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Definately keep it well and happy-after all I am a hard core right to lifer and believer of the theory that anyone who pays their fair share of taxes is a fool and should have a lobotomy-in closing I have only one thing to say-nothing! As usual!

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
Definately keep it well and happy-after all I am a hard core right to lifer and believer of the theory that anyone who pays their fair share of taxes is a fool and should have a lobotomy-in closing I have only one thing to say-nothing! As usual!

Ok, Christian Ethics then ... kill is kill, no? Many or one ... its the same. Why do we treat Aids and/or try to 'kill' it when we will refuse to kill the last virus?

Doesn't make sense, does it? Are there some Christians in here or is it Office Party? Buddhists? Agnostics? Humanists? Scientists?

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Atheists for the right to life-my party my club. I think as silly as this may seem that we try to kill aids because it is gay-and not only that but it kills non gay people like innocent children and adults and of course monkeys! Then again as a right to lifer atheist non-gay macho-non tax paying or as little as possible non-misogynist-hey why kill some virus that is doing the world a great service. Ethics my boy-ethics-the road to spiritual freedom is paved with large misanthropic considerations after all.

nessam

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Kill it- Unless of course you need it for research for when the next strain of the virus comes along. By now we also know that a super villain is going to steal the virus and leave the millions so he can hold the world hostage.

This must all be hypothetical, because I don't have any millions to hide the virus next to.

As a Christian I say kill it before the super villain gets here.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
This is (was?) the case with Pocks ... no scientest dared kill the virus and they shipped it to all laborities around the world with a message on (not in) the bottle 'keep safe'. Suppose you have the last living virus of HIV (Aids ... in France Sida - they reverse American words) in a coke bottle, what would you do with it. Drip in citric acid and shake or keep it warm and locked up in your safe where you keep all millions you have not pay tax on?
They didn't kill the virus, I thought, so they would have a sample of it in case it ever popped up again. Like a disease record. And if it did pop up, they simply identified it against what was on record, and they could treat it.

Keeping it alive isn't so weird.

It was PETA's claim that all these stored viruses should all be released because keeping diseases caged like that is cruel.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Isolate sections of DNA/RNA - whatever codes for virii/viruses - just in case.

But alive and lethal, with one 'owner' - ha! Who do you trust with that?

Not me, I trust no one with that much destruction.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, this is a little off-topic, but I was in a restroom once and there was an aerosol can on the tank. The label read, "Kills the HIV virus!" And I thought, man, if I was infected, it would take a whole lot to keep me from spraying that stuff down my throat.

Back on topic, if I had the opportunity to rid the world of AIDS, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Mainly because I think, if I were given that much power, it would be because I was supposed to make the decision and my head doesn't really wrap around the reasons to keep it around.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
Kill it-

As a Christian I say kill it before the super villain gets here.

This is a oooeee point - incalculating what another might do and accordingly set out a plan of action to prevent her/him from doing what you have decided is an unethical thing (in Christian as well as Davids ethics) in this case the killing of 'a million'. You could reason it this way too ... its exactly the same - all the people who have got Aids now (or are HIV infected) they are going to infect more than that Villan's million by the year xxxx, so why don't you just kill them now to save humanity from a bigger disaster? Not exactly chiristian like imo, no?

The bugger however is the bottle ... pepsi or coke? Soda? Mouthwash? If we want to be democratic about it, each should get a virus. That leaves us with four last virusses, increasing the villan danger by 400% - big problem! What if we indeed hide it in the men's room as someone suggested, and write on the bottle (or on all four) 'this is a harmless virus living in here'? Mister Villan will then be fooled but by god, then we would be lieing!

Anyone can live with a lie? (Ok, the tax evation with the million ... that we leave out of it for a while).

Last edited:

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
Okay, this is a little off-topic, but I was in a restroom once and there was an aerosol can on the tank. The label read, "Kills the HIV virus!" And I thought, man, if I was infected, it would take a whole lot to keep me from spraying that stuff down my throat.

Back on topic, if I had the opportunity to rid the world of AIDS, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Mainly because I think, if I were given that much power, it would be because I was supposed to make the decision and my head doesn't really wrap around the reasons to keep it around.

Ok, you have that power! Wham, gone Aids! You are a human lover. You'd do anything for them, ethical or not, no thinking, no reasoning, just action ... what next? Cancer? Colds? Pimpels? Dandruft? The million million little beasty bacteria that lives in the juice of the eye. Voila, no more eye infection ... but noe also can't see if those thingies aren't in the eye juice (does one call it 'juice'). Mm, slowly life and humanity is changing from light to darkness, etc.

And dogs? They are a b loody nuisance barking the whole day! Wham, kill!

Smile, no?

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Guessing my luck, I would put it in the bottle, forget about it, and drink it later.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It was PETA's claim that all these stored viruses should all be released because keeping diseases caged like that is cruel.
But, the viruses can only replicate in humans (and possibly close relatives), so if they break into the labs to liberate the strains, will they wear protective clothing? If so, isn't that denying the viruses life? If they are willing to stand first in line to help these poor viruses out (by serving as hosts), I'll consider their stance a little more logical. And, I suppose they are against fighting back if a lion or bear attacks a human--it might harm the bear, which is just doing what comes naturally to it. And, I suppose they've never swatted a mosquito, or stomped a cockroach, or taken antibiotics for bacterial infections, or worse yet, had immunizations!!!

davids

Banned
Reaction score
But, the viruses can only replicate in humans (and possibly close relatives), so if they break into the labs to liberate the strains, will they wear protective clothing? If so, isn't that denying the viruses life? If they are willing to stand first in line to help these poor viruses out (by serving as hosts), I'll consider their stance a little more logical. And, I suppose they are against fighting back if a lion or bear attacks a human--it might harm the bear, which is just doing what comes naturally to it. And, I suppose they've never swatted a mosquito, or stomped a cockroach, or taken antibiotics for bacterial infections, or worse yet, had immunizations!!!

Ah the throaty wisdom of logic-how distressingly well said Mr. Fizz!

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
By the way, Siddow, you got the coolest avatar I've ever seen!

(Would Mommy virusses find their kiddies cool too?

"Kiss kiss my lovely Hivvy! Now that you have mutated go for it! Find a nice stong man we all can be proud of!"

* (Siddow, I'm NOT comparing your avatar with the Hivvy ... omg, no! Just cuty avatar, that's all. Plus I am trying to focus on the issue. Like Akuma, we all would hide the bottle (we are fair humanoids with a huge moral etc.) and after a while, discover it again among the million where we stashed it!

"Wow, what luck! Drinky drinky mmm nice!"

And then later ... "oh, f cuk!")