Status
Not open for further replies.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Do you have certain days or periods when you deliberately don't write? Your birthday, for example? Or something as basic as a Friday when you've finished your working week and just want to veg out?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
When I sleep.

I would've said that too, except last night I had to get back up again and write down a new plot thread.

I deliberately don't write if I have work due, essays or exam revision. Or rather I limit myself and don't allow myself to write or play with WIPs until I've done a set amount.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I don't think this is really deliberate, but I don't write when I'm upset about something. I just can't. I have to resolve whatever the issue is before my brain can concentrate on anything else.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
On the days when I have too much to do. I try to write a little, but sometimes I have stuff going on all day and into the evening.

I write less on the weekends, but I try to write at least some, even if it's only 200 words.

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
When I'm sick.

Otherwise, my goal is new words every day -- even if it's only a few scrawled between phone calls at work.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I've often said I write every day although that isn't true. I don't write on Fridays or those days when everything gets in the way. Thinking about it, I would write every day if life was different.

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
When I'm too tired and can't focus. When I'm pissy (I avoid everything then). On the weekends when my "spouse" is home. For some reason, I can't concentrate when he's around.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
During the year when I'm in school. I also work full time so when I'm in school it's nearly impossible to keep up with my writing. I'm looking forward to getting some BIC time after this Wednesday when the semester ends for me.

Reaction score
There's no particular day I don't write - I just don't, if I can't be bothered. For instance, there are certain times of the month when I get weepy and more down on myself than normal, and don't want to be confronted with the suckitudinousness* of my own work. And usually during, and the day after, a migraine, for obvious reasons.

*Real word, (C) s.peaches lexicon, 2007.

JamieFord

giving resonant directions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieford.com
I try not to write on Sundays. Just to mentally give myself a day off. That being stated, I couldn't wait until Monday and wrote 1,200 words at about 10:00pm last night...

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
I usually blow off Saturdays (and that includes most housework, chores, and anything of responsibility), though sometimes I'm in the mood to write anyway. If we have a D&D game on a Friday, I simply don't have time to write. Otherwise, I write whether I'm in the mood or not, with very rare exceptions.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I try not to write when company's over. :D

Reaction score
I never have company, thereby negating the need for troublesome social niceties.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I actually like having company, but there's always a million reasons why people can never come by . . . so we always have to pack up the kids and bring them around everywhere. It's annoying.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I don't write at work.

I used to, but getting yanked out of an immersion in a fantasy world is too troubling to deal with during a normal work day.

And I am a little afraid of someone saying my company owns part of the creative rights. Although that is not likely, I once mentioned to my boss that I got a short published, and her first response was 'so that is what you were doing instead of the financial statements'?'

(Uh, no, I was doing something for her...but...)

I'd written it before I started here, so I told her I wrote it in 2004....

...never less, it made me think.

I don't write at 3 am and I don't write during football games unless my team is seriously losing...
(did I mention I finished a novel? Stop laughing Mr. Ferret!)

Every other time...writing is an option.

Oh...I don't write in church.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I try not to write when company's over. :D
Like Pat, I try not to write when company's over...though, admittedly, I don't always succeed...

I pretty much always write. In my sleep (ideas), at the computer (actually doing it ), when I'm doing something else (running plotlines and scenes).

Apparently, I'm massively obsessed. Who'd have figured that? LOL

nessam

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
When the family is home. Too many distractions. When I do try to write when they are home, the distractions become very visible in my writing.

CandlestickJay

Registered
Reaction score
When I'm in Show Crunch Week. In other words, the week or two before I perform I'm all theatre all the time - building set, working on music, setting sound cues, setting light cues, working with my actors, running lines.....RAWR. Needless to say I get very little done when I'm rehearsing til 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.