• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader Needed for a Completed MS - Women's Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeycomb

Caroline
Registered
Reaction score
Need an honest critter and suggested edits for my completed ms? This is an African American story, but I believe the principles can apply to any color. So let me preface by saying that I don't care what color you are if you're interested in being a criter.

The story is about an 86 year old woman who sees the life of her grandchildren spiraling out of control. She believes that she indirectly contributed to their lifestyles by the life she led in front of her daughters who in turned led the same lifestyle in front of their children.

Call it learned behavior or generational curse. Anyway, its about 98,000 words.

Here's a short synopsis:

[FONT=&quot]Readers will find that Sadie’s grandmother and former slave, Lu Dell Carolina wanted so much more for her children and grandchildren so she encouraged them to go on to better lives, but it was Sadie who caught on to Lu Dell’s dream. Sadie wanted everything her grandmother said was available, and more. But a problem occurs when Sadie enters into a loveless marriage; is impregnated by a white man and follow her dreams to Washington, D.C. where she finds the love that was promised to her was a lie. She licks her wounds and finds other passions to satisfy her needs: prestige, power, and money. Unfortunately Sadie’s daughters were watching, and thus a cycle begins for generations to come.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.