I can't stop thinking about you.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Did ya ever meet someone for the first time and have these feelings? I met someone earlier this week and today we finally had a chance to talk.

Since then, I haven't stopped thinking about her.

She's a DBA and I'm a db programmer. I got to admit, it's not so common to meet a beautiful, smart, professional woman who shares your passion for work and life.

We talked for about ten minutes as we walked out of work to our cars. I was smitten before and after we talked I left feeling as though we will become either friends or companions.

Yikes! I hadn't felt like this in years.

Is this the begining of something new?

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Is this the begining of something new?

Anything that isn't an end, could be the beginning of something. And even ends are usually a beginning. :D

Okay, seriously. It could be the beginning of a friendship or something more. Just wait around and see. But if it makes you feel happy then it's definitely a good thing. :)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Anything that isn't an end, could be the beginning of something. And even ends are usually a beginning. :D

Okay, seriously. It could be the beginning of a friendship or something more. Just wait around and see. But if it makes you feel happy then it's definitely a good thing. :)
That's good advice. I'm a little apprehensive about getting into a new relationship. Twice burned...

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a wishful thinker. You?

Good luck! Oh but, don't tell her your real name is Spooky. It may weird her out or somethin'...

Ok, seriously. Good luck! :)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a wishful thinker. You?

Good luck! Oh but, don't tell her your real name is Spooky. It may weird her out or somethin'...

Ok, seriously. Good luck! :)
It's just weird how we keep bumping into each other at work. We don't work together, so I'm not worried about department relationships. We're peers. Wow, how cool is that!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's just weird how we keep bumping into each other at work. We don't work together, so I'm not worried about department relationships. We're peers. Wow, how cool is that!
So ask her out for a latte or something...

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you'll know when the time is right, I'm sure. Good luck Jon. :)

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
You don't have to share but I am curious. When you first laid eyes on her, do you recall the exact thought that passed through you?

The first time I saw my future husband (he was a co-worker's brother) I was in severe re-bound mode and my exact thought (a distinct one, for sure) was "Oh, I'm not ready for you yet." And so, through a series of curious events, we were never actually introduced until 5 years later. We've been together more than 2 decades.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
It's just weird how we keep bumping into each other at work.

I'd like to think that's an honest-to-goodness sign!

...it's the weekend and I'm stuck with the last picture of her in my mind.

What a great weekend you'll have, dreaming of this beautiful woman, no?
:rolleyes:

Make sure you look and smell amazing on Monday.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
You don't have to share but I am curious. When you first laid eyes on her, do you recall the exact thought that passed through you?
Oh boy is this funny. When we first crossed paths I had problems walking in my new shoes. I was limping along toward the men's room and she just came out of her aisle.

I did what any gentleman would do and stopped to let her pass. But she shooed me to go ahead of her. She didn't know I could barely walk, so I hobbled along in front of her. But I really wanted her to go first because my feet really hurt.

That was Tuesday.

We kept bumping into each other the remainder of this week.

Until today, I hadn't talked to her. We left work at the same time and that's when we just starting talking about anything at first. A few minutes later we were still standing in the parking lot chatting away like we knew each other for years.

Wow!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Aw...(Dabs the tiny tears from my eyes.)

Please do not drag your feet......

So where is the china pattern and crystal picked out? Is a spring or summer wedding more in order? Big service? Small gathering? You need to get right on this as plans take time to get everything done right.
Invitations need to be sent. Oh, the excitement of it all. Am so happy for you.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
But I don't even know her name yet. I forgot to ask. I was too smitten by her all week. I didn't even realize until we waved to each other leaving work.

Anand2002

Registered
Reaction score
We left work at the same time and that's when we just starting talking about anything at first. A few minutes later we were still standing in the parking lot chatting away like we knew each other for years.

Wow!

A soul identifying another soul. Maybe your soul had already met her soul in its previous life.

Kadea

Registered
Reaction score
I bet running in to her so often in one week wasn't by accident. Just a hunch...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I bet running in to her so often in one week wasn't by accident. Just a hunch...
I've only seen her twice since our encounter in the parking lot. Once was when we were both passing each other by the elevator. The other time was last week when she crossed the hall and she spied me while I was chatting with a co-worker.

I admit to taking more time watching her go by, and my co-worker quickly picked up on it.

I still think about her, but I'm not pursuing the relationship at the moment.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Many, many moons ago I hired on at this company where my future husband worked. I was trying to leave my crack addicted first husband at the time, so men or relationships were not on my mind. When I saw my husband for the first time....well I can't say what he made me feel like, but it was good! I kept my feelings a secret until five years later when a co-worker came into my office and told me he had asked about me. I thought I'd pass out at the computer. Needless to say, we've now been together for 18 years. What started as pure lust turned into love. Either that or we just don't want to see the other one wandering the earth alone since nobody else would put up with either of us. Good luck and go get her...you never know.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
"Holla we want prenup ... we want prenup ... yeah ..."