Who would you hire to play music?
Food?
Drinks?
Activities?
Special guests?

reigningcatsndogs
12-07-2007, 10:20 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q228/susyqe/Misc%20Pics/santa.jpg

Not to be redundant, but I think this says it all!!! Party on!!! I'll get the Margaritas!

jennifer75
12-07-2007, 10:20 PM
What would be your ultimate party? One with tons of finger foods, I'd be super toned and wearing a hott ass itsy bitsy dress and my ass would look totally hott. You asked.

You have limitless funds! Oooh It would be in Vegas, in that Hotel that is all famous for the dudes that made the carls jr commercial, champaigne and a burger, those guys. It would be up high, at night, starry sky and I'd have all the booze and food and people I wanted, like an episode of the Real World Vegas... don't pretend you don't know.

Who would you hire to play music? Who cares. As long as it's a good mix.

Food?FINGER FOODS ALL OVER THE PLACE, AND CRAB CAKES FOREVER!

Drinks? ALL OF IT!

Activities? SHUFFLE BOARD. hehe. ANYTHING GOES!

Special guests? Paris Hilton and Brittney Spears. C'mon, it's not a party if they're not there.

Shadow_Ferret
12-07-2007, 10:23 PM
My ultimate party.

A bag of chips. A six pack of my favorite beer. My collection of classic rock on vinyl.

And no guests.

Nothing ruins a party quicker than other people.

NeuroFizz
12-07-2007, 10:33 PM

Reminds me of a wonderful Norwegian tradition--lutefisk (cod pieces soaked in lye and then boiled...)

Susie
12-07-2007, 10:33 PM
My ultimate party would be one with all my favorite friends at AW and we'd go to Hawaii and Las Vegas and have fun, fun, fun!

III
12-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Already did it. It was called college. Wouldn't have the fortitude to survive one of those anymore.

jennifer75
12-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Wimp.

sunna
12-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Already did it. It was called college. Wouldn't have the fortitude to survive one of those anymore.

Let me second that. :D I'd be willing to try for the sake of science, however.

If I were to do it again, it would definitely involve #1 from this (http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/wayoflife/10/26/mf.drinking.storries/index.html).....

They knew how to party back in the good old days, I tell ya.

I'd have it in a big natural amphitheater up north with a stage built and tents set out, and there'd be a rotating list of bands playing. All my old college buddies, me mum's side of the family (I'd hire bouncers to keep my dad's side out), and, of course, AW-ers. Fireworks, food fights, drinking games, embarrassing conga lines, mud wrestling, and strip poker mandatory.

This kinda sounds like my wedding, actually.

Siddow
12-07-2007, 11:17 PM
What would be your ultimate party?

Black tie. I love getting dressed up all glitzy and glam.

You have limitless funds!

Oh, goody! Then we'd hold it at my mansion, in the evening, and the pool out back would be softly lit with floating candles.

Hugh Vaughn. He's my favorite local musician. He used to play at a bar I frequented, and whenever I'd show up, he'd play "Pink" by Aerosmith for me, and he even learned some Lenny Kravitz just for me. He actually played a party of mine in 2000.

Food?

Catered! Finger foods, sushi...I'd have servers walking around with trays of the stuff.

Drinks?

Yes, please. A bar set up in every corner, with male bartenders in bow ties.

Activities?

Horseshoes on the back lawn! Hey, I may be rich, but I'm still a redneck. We'd also have a pool table and foosball and darts. Oh, and there will be dancing. And after the tequila shooters, there will be skinny dipping!

Special guests?

All my new, rich neighbors!

TrainofThought
12-07-2007, 11:18 PM
What would be your ultimate party? You have limitless funds! I’d fly family and friends to Italy to stay at an Italian Villa. The party would begin with a tour into Wine Country, back to the villa to change and then venture out into the open party area.

Who would you hire to play music? All guests from the surrounding villas will partake in a music concert featuring Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman and later on in the evening I would have U2 (only play their old songs), INXS (only playing their Michael Hutchence songs) and then Rob Thomas.

Food? An assortment of appetizers followed with a dinner of pasta, mussels, oysters in an olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic and lemon sauce.

Drinks? Wine, of course, and beer.

Activities? Dancing and any other outdoor activity at night. ;)

Special guests? Matthew McConaughey will accompany me, the guest of honor. :D

melaniehoo
12-07-2007, 11:54 PM
We will have the ultimate party at a date yet-to-be-announced, most likely in Chicago, I don't care who plays but all of you are welcome!

It will hopefully be next summer. :)

JLCwrites
12-08-2007, 12:31 AM

I didn't even realize they were wearing Santa hats until now. :)

melaniehoo
12-08-2007, 12:34 AM
How did you get all my ex-boyfriends to line up together like that?

Akuma
12-08-2007, 12:53 AM
*does a double-take*

This is the second thread I've seen those men in. . .

Is it vain that I still think I'm better looking than they are?

JLCwrites
12-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Here is my party invitation.....

Turkey is having a party and you are invited!

Location – Lambeau field

Food – Bar-b-que fare, and Hors D'Oeuvres carried on trays by Daniel Craig, Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom (covered in chocolate), and Hugh Jackman.

Drinks – Martini bar

Entertainment – Jazz, Jazz, and more Jazz! – A flag football tournament with the Packers– A dunk tank featuring the Patriots! - And poker games.

Dress code – Jeans and t-shirts. (Cowboy boots optional)

*Firework show begins at 9pm!*

Melisande
12-08-2007, 01:18 AM
What would be your ultimate party?

I'd fly friends, family, myself and Hubby to Ireland; somewhere in the countryside where we all could go look for the Leprechauns.

You have limitless funds!

I'd fly them first class and rent every cottage I could find. My family is l-a-r-g-e!

The local band, playing real Irish folk-music.

Food?

Sorry, Irish people, but my choice would have to be Japanese.

Drinks?

The pubs would have to restock!

Activities?

Apart from the search of Leprechauns? Scrabble, Rappakalja (it's a Swedish thing, completely outrageous; it's all about lying through your teeth) and Kubb (an ancient Viking game, not unlike horseshoes but then again, completely different).

Special guests?

The locals.

Akuma
12-08-2007, 02:20 AM
I'm gonna have to go with shadow on this one--no guests.

Just me, with the entire western hemisphere rented out (but with enough people to keep everything running for me).

Some good classical music playing from speakers mounted in the streets.

I'd sit back in a La-Z-boy on a wooden balcony, with some soda, rum and coke, a good supply of Finlandia vodka. . .and with the law paid off so all of this is very legal, of course.

Then I'd just read and write. Ah, paradise.

The kicker? This party lasts forever, babe.

truelyana
12-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Food? An assortment of appetizers followed with a dinner of pasta, mussels, oysters in an olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic and lemon sauce.

Drinks? Wine, of course, and beer.

Now your talking, your my kind of person. :)

JLCwrites
12-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Now your talking, your my kind of person. :)
I think we should crash ToT's party.

melaniehoo
12-08-2007, 03:08 AM

I'm game.

JLCwrites
12-08-2007, 03:09 AM
Do you think Stew (ahem) I mean ToT would mind?

melaniehoo
12-08-2007, 03:10 AM
No, she/they seem pretty flexible.

truelyana
12-08-2007, 03:10 AM

For sure. :D

We can be extra entertainment, or just sit back quietly and enjoy the show. :)

JLCwrites
12-08-2007, 03:35 AM
(trying to shake the dust off of her party dress) Ok, I'll be ready in a minute.

brokenfingers
12-08-2007, 03:50 AM
I don't think you guys could handle my ultimate party.

melaniehoo
12-08-2007, 03:54 AM
Pfft.

truelyana
12-08-2007, 03:59 AM
I don't think you guys could handle my ultimate party.

Try us... ;)

brokenfingers
12-08-2007, 04:06 AM
Try us... ;)OK, but don't say I didn't warn you...

Well, first off, it’d have seltzer water, maybe even flavored for those of you who really like to walk the wild side. Then there’d be some unsalted crackers (with maybe a dollop or two of fat-free peanut butter! (Shhhhhh! Don’t tell anyone!))

And the music would be piped in from some elevator in a bank somewhere.

For entertainment, we’d pass around scrapbooks and maybe even compare shoes and stuff.

Ooooooo! It’d be soooo exciting! :D

truelyana
12-08-2007, 04:09 AM
OK, but don't say I didn't warn you...

Well, first off, it’d have seltzer water, maybe even flavored for those of you who really like to walk the wild side. Then there’d be some unsalted crackers (with maybe a dollop or two of fat-free peanut butter! (Shhhhhh! Don’t tell anyone!))

For entertainment, we’d pass around scrapbooks and maybe even compare shoes and stuff.

Sounds like it. Very original. I like the sound of it. :D

melaniehoo
12-08-2007, 04:12 AM
You realize this is a roomful of women, right?

brokenfingers
12-08-2007, 04:13 AM
You realize this is a roomful of women, right?Oh yeah - and there'd be some fat-free chocolate.

JLCwrites
12-08-2007, 04:16 AM
OK, but don't say I didn't warn you...

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz......

melaniehoo
12-08-2007, 04:25 AM
So, Turkey doesn't like your party.

Shall I bring back the speedo'ed men?

JLCwrites
12-08-2007, 04:37 AM
Yes, but we will need to spruce up the music selection. Maybe some Coolio... Shake it shake it... shake it like a poloroid picture!

melaniehoo
12-08-2007, 04:40 AM
Ok, now I'm going to your party. You said you have snacks, right?

brokenfingers
12-08-2007, 04:53 AM
OK, OK - if you guys insist, I'll add a shuffleboard. Sheesh.

JLCwrites
12-08-2007, 04:53 AM
(Trying to spiffy up BF's party) Well, I got rid of all the fat free stuff, and added some real chocolate. :)

melaniehoo
12-08-2007, 04:54 AM
As long as there's caramel.

brokenfingers
12-08-2007, 04:55 AM
Wow. You guys live dangerously. Aren't you worried about what the neighbors might say?

JLCwrites
12-08-2007, 04:58 AM
Wow. You guys live dangerously. Aren't you worried about what the neighbors might say?
We invited them too.

melaniehoo
12-08-2007, 04:58 AM
They don't understand me anyways.

TrainofThought
12-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Now your talking, your my kind of person. :)I'll send you an invite as soon as I receive the limitless funds or a sugar daddy, whichever comes first.

I think we should crash ToT's party.Hey Turk, you're invited too.

I'm game.You too, Melanie.

Do you think Stew (ahem) I mean ToT would mind?Turk, I'm going to have take away the invite. I forgot to leave a place opened for Stew. :tongue

No, she/they seem pretty flexible.And Melanie, Stew's not flexible so I can't invite you either. :cry:

melaniehoo
12-08-2007, 09:00 PM
What!