Latino writers

Jaime

Registered
Reaction score
I would like know if there are latino writers in this forum. I'm a writer from Spain.
I wish know also your opinons about Marcela Landres. Her services is recommendables?

Regards from Spain to all.

Jaime

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC!

Hi Jaime,

I just couldn't resist your post when I saw the word "Latino" in the title. I have nothing useful to add regarding your question (sorry), but wanted to say...

Hola! Me encanta espana y hace tres años visité a Madrid, Segovia, varias ciudades en Galicia, y Barcelona. ¡Qué pais divertido! ¿Qué tipo de libros escritas? Ok, bastante por ahora. Ciao, Rose

Jaime

Registered
Reaction score
Hola

Hi Rose:

I'm sending you a e-mail to your address. Gracias por escribir, guapa. :)
If you find some information useful to me, let me know. I'm looking now a literary agent, but I need he or she speak and read spanish because I write only in spanish.
I need advices to my searching.

Thank you to ll in this wonderful forum!

Bye

Jaime

rich

Odd stuff. My thoughts were that "Latino" applied to folks who live south of the U.S. and those who came here from those neighboring states. Those from Spain, I thought, called themselves Spaniards.

Whatever.

I'm from New York and I'm sure I can find writing centers here that would be of much help. And judging from your run-in with Rose, you'll be here a while. Hopefully, a long while.

Jaime

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks

Hi Rich!

I sent you a e-mail. All help will be welcome. Thanks. Let me know what you find in those centers to look the kind of literary agents that I'm looking.

Regards from Spain and cheer up with your writing! :)

Jaime

Jaime

Registered
Reaction score
Agents to Spaniards writers

Anyone know literary agents to spaniards writers (writing in spanish) in the United States? Say me e-mails, phones, addresses.....
I want good agents.

Jaime

JoniBGoode

Registered
Reaction score
Marcella Landres

Jaime-

I recently attended a writer's conference sponsored by the MFA program at Columbia College Chicago and Marcella Landres gave an excellent presentation on what publishers are looking for in writers, and how to establish a "platform" for a big book. She was also a panelist, along with various editors and writers, on the "getting published" forum.

I can tell you that Ms. Landres is passionate about helping Latino writers get published. She was a former Simon & Schuster Editor heading up thier Latino imprint before she decided to become a champion for Latino writers, so she has great contacts in the NY publishing community. She publishes a newsletter for aspiring Latino authors. . . you can sign up on her website.

Writers & editors I know in the Chicago area have only good things to say about her.

I considered her professional and her speech the highlight of the event. I only regret that I can't work with her, since I'm not Latino!

If you have additional questions, PM me and I'd be happy to answer if I can.