PDA

View Full Version : I am so mad right now.

The_Grand_Duchess
12-07-2007, 03:30 AM
Lets talk about me for a minute. . .

I am so mad right now! I just told my ex that I'm moving two hours away with the kids. I knew I should have called him from my new place. Or you know, just let him find the house empty and the phone disconnected.

He yelled at me and then when I refused to bring the kids past he blew up. I got bad vibes becuase he didn't call me to ask to bring the kids by, he called his mom to ask me. Yeah I'm not falling for that. So I can drop them off and then he refuses to bring them back. Yeah, not happening.

So he threatened to call the cops on me becuase of this. And he said, "I wasn't going to do anything to you but the cops were." Yeah.

He said a lot of other things too. I am not letting him in my house nor am I leaving the kids with him until after we have a court order in place. I picked a real winner.

Hopefully he loses interests after three weeks and we can all move on with our life.

reigningcatsndogs
12-07-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your babies, Duchess.:Hug2:

It's so not fair or right to have to deal with that. Please stay safe. I wish I could do something to help. Will send prayers and cross fingers that he lets you move on.

Siddow
12-07-2007, 04:15 AM
Good move; don't give him the kids until after there's a court order. Ordinarily, I would advise against this kind of separation of father/children, but you need the support, and you don't want to end up fighting for your children. If you even think that handing them over will result in never seeing them again, don't do it.

FWIW, my ex (the father of my eldest) moved five hours away. He (and his mother) expect that I should meet them halfway, but my response is, "I didn't move. Not my problem." (as you know, we have handled this without court order, but I don't recommend this method to anyone) So as the one moving away, you should expect to be the one responsible for transportation. It's only fair, and a small price to pay for a)living in a different town and b)leaving the door open for their father to be a father. If I had moved, I would feel responsible, but I still live within 15 minutes of where I did when I got pregnant. However, there have been a couple of occasions where I've made the drive FOR MY CHILD.

Hopefully he loses interests after three weeks and we can all move on with our life.

You don't really mean that, do you? It might make you feel better, but what about those baby girls? Some attention from their father is better than none at all. He effed this up, so the burden is on him, just please don't be so right as to stop him when he's trying to make things better. For them. It's no longer about you and him. Now it's about them, and they're not pawns. They cannot be used as ammo.

Don't wish upon your children that their father loses interest.

Hugs to you; it will get better.

benbradley
12-07-2007, 04:19 AM
Lets talk about me for a minute. . .

I am so mad right now! I just told my ex that I'm moving two hours away with the kids. I knew I should have called him from my new place. Or you know, just let him find the house empty and the phone disconnected.
Who knows, there's probably no good way to tell him his children have moved.

He said a lot of other things too. I am not letting him in my house nor am I leaving the kids with him until after we have a court order in place. I picked a real winner.
Oh, good, so YOU have already called the cops and explained what's happening? That was the first thing I was gonna suggest.

JLCwrites
12-07-2007, 04:21 AM
Hope everything works out for you! I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers that all of this turns out for the best. Virtual hugs! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/hug005.gif

Shweta
12-07-2007, 04:27 AM
:Hug2:

I second the idea of calling the cops first. Best wishes to you and the kids, Duchess, and I hope... not that he loses interest, but that he gets over himself already and starts trying to act like a reasonable grownup.

writerterri
12-07-2007, 04:29 AM
I don't envy you but I do hope things work out.

Are the kids okay with moving away from dad?

The_Grand_Duchess
12-07-2007, 04:33 AM
See, I would have no problem working out some sort of transportation thing but I don't drive. I don't have anyone near me who would be feasibly available to make that drive. I suggested that he come stay up here on his weekend (he has family here) or settle for one day a week for a few hours until everyone had reliable transportation. He didn't want to do that.

He's not trying to make things better. And as horrible as that sounds, I did mean that. He only cares about what's best for him and how he LOOKS to other people. I would have no problem with him if he was a positive force in his children's lives at the very least but all he is an aggravation.

I mean I'm so nervous that he may try something I'm thinking about calling and having one of my friends or family stay the night to be sure.

The_Grand_Duchess
12-07-2007, 04:34 AM
BTW, for anyone who doesn't know, my kids are ages 2 and eight months.

Shweta
12-07-2007, 04:39 AM
I mean I'm so nervous that he may try something I'm thinking about calling and having one of my friends or family stay the night to be sure.

Probably a good idea.
Even if he doesn't try anything, you'll have reassurance, and if he does, you'll have support.

jannawrites
12-07-2007, 04:59 AM
Wow, Duchess. I'll be thinking of you. Hugs to you and your little precious ones.

Susie
12-07-2007, 05:09 AM
Sure praying everything will work out aok for you, TGD. Thoughts & prayers are with you.