Who are You?

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Here's something that I think some of my fellow procrastinators and 'musers of the mind' may find interesting. We all, to one degree or another, can be blind to our own selves. I ran across this interesting little quiz-type thingie that helps you see how you think of yourself and how others think of you.

It's a personality thing called the Johari Window. It was invented by Joseph Luft and Harrington Ingham as a model for mapping personality awareness. By describing yourself from a fixed list of adjectives, then asking your friends and colleagues to describe you from the same list, a grid of overlap and difference can be built up.

So here's what I want you to do:

Go here to My Johari Window and fill out five to six words that you feel describe me.

(Now I know you'll most likely have a problem trying to narrow it down to only 5-6 adjectives to describe me but, please people - try.)

I'd like to see some fellow members create their own profile and link to them here so we can all participate and join in on the fun.

And I know you're writers and all, but don't take this stuff too seriously folks.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can also fill out My Nohari Window which describes my negative traits. (You'll probably have a hard time picking out one, much less five but, oh well.)

Enjoy!

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
I've had these for a while. They amuse me to no end. Yay!

Thanks for posting, BF. I have the sneaking suspicion I will have no problem at ALL picking 10 or 12 (wait, I only get six?!?!?!) negative traits about you. *nods very seriously*

Here are my windows - anyone can have at 'em.

Johari
Nohari

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
Go here to My Johari Window and fill out five to six words that you feel describe me.

um. don't know you that well -- fingers ok now??

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
um. don't know you that well -- fingers ok now??
In that case, it's simple. Just pick five of the best adjectives off the list.

Really. It's easy. ;)

And in answer to your question: No, my fingers are still broken but I still keep trying to write.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
maestro assumes he knows me. scary.

i musta been baaaad!

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
heh. i gotcha pegged there, brokenfingers :D

would you consider changing your handle though?? fingers. like hearts, do mend, you know.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to any and all who've responded. I'd really like to see more people participate with their own profiles (c'mon - it's obvious we don't know each other that well and it's an online forum but - have fun, people!)

I'm just kind of disappointed that the word 'Great' wasn't included in the selection of adjectives. Kinda skews the whole thing, don't you think? Oh well, science ain't perfect...

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just kind of disappointed that the word 'Great' wasn't included in the selection of adjectives. Kinda skews the whole thing, don't you think?

...there was a Great option?? (runs to see if she can change her answers... Great -- yup.)

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
ahem - them no give me nice words to describes meself :( bohooo. hooooooooooooo.

Salem

query-impaired
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't know you that well but I participated to see what the whole thing was all about. It's pretty interesting. I might have to try one for myself sometime. :)

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Rob, I filled yours out. While, technically, I had to use five of the words they gave, just substitute 'Lame' for four of them.

Thanks! :D

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
One drawback I see in the Nohari window (negative attributes) is that you're forced to list five. I've yet to find somebody I know with five of those negative attributes. (Well, except for Ray, of course.)

I think one or two should be sufficient. Hmmm... Oh well - the search for mind-expanding procrastination toys goes on!

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I played. But keep in mind I hardly know you!

Here's my link.
OK, I filled yours out, Melanie.

But see? Once again this thing shows its shortcomings; I didn't see any options for fantabulous. And there wasn't anything about your driving skills. Sheesh.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
so this is supposed to be melaniehoo's link Melanie

...sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh -- hope it works!!!

she sweeeeeeeeeet :)

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
But see? Once again this thing shows its shortcomings; I didn't see any options for fantabulous. And there wasn't anything about your driving skills. Sheesh.

I've read your insane demon-chasing driving-fantasy posts. If there had been driving-skills (or, more importantly, lack thereof) options on the Nohari window then you'd be screwed, my friend.